• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in the technology, not in God. God didn't create the security around the system :)

Just put all my cards for sale.

No, that was my offense. I was in a thread with the dude who hacked me and I said I didn't believe in God.

And I've got exactly $11.99 off of five card sales.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Alright I saw a good sale tonight. I have 8 copies of The Witcher 2 to hand out.

Anyone? PM me your email address.

Edit - all gone!

KarmaCow

Speaking of the Witcher 2, isn't there a big update coming soon? I don't want to download the game only to download it again when it updates.

maty

WOW Dupy, you are awesome!!!!. Thank you so much for the gift. I only wished you had a wishlist to give something back. I don't know how to repay you.

Thanks again

Wedge7

Damn, thanks man..

Thought I missed it, and then I checked back a while later and found it in my inbox, what a guy! Much appreciated.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sorry Jase, I failed you. And more important, I failed Saoirse.

hannacry.gif (I've managed to lose it.)

By the way, yesterday I paid $44 for Apollo Justice. My first DS game ever.

Should have waited for the Summer Sa--oh. :(

Not to pry too much, but how many foils have you had drop?? I am at probably 55+ cards with no foils. I bought my friend triple town and he immediately gets a foil. :|

I've scored four foils from of a total of... however many drops there are sans Dota 2 (I didn't buy anything from the in-game stop prior to the TCG beta and don't really feel like paying $9 for a single drop).

I've only sold one, though.

Bought The Witcher 1 & 2. Excited to get into that.

The Witcher's rather dull combat may be off-putting initially, but stick with the game and you'll be rewarded. I actually prefer the original over the sequel, all things considered: TW2 certainly plays better, but I love the perpetually gloomy/dreary, oppressive atmosphere of TW1, plus having (sex) cards to collect is like a game in itself.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Some of the games in the Amazon indie bundles are on Steam Greenlight - If I buy those games without Steam codes, but they eventually get Greenlit and put on Steam, would Amazon add Steam codes to those purchases?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some of the games in the Amazon indie bundles are on Steam Greenlight - If I buy those games without Steam codes, but they eventually get Greenlit and put on Steam, would Amazon add Steam codes to those purchases?

That's up to the developer, but generally the answer is "yes". In fact, I can't even recall an example of where existing owners weren't given a Steam key (outside of those who bought on GOG, that is).

On my second game of HL2, one of my first drops was a foil. Sold it before the prices dropped dramatically.
Haven't gotten a second foil so far.

Oh ok, no problem. I already have the game on Origin, but like most people I prefer to play my games on Steam. Doesn't matter though, I'll just play it on Origin.

I think I recall reading that someone tried removing the steam files for the game and replacing them with ones from origin and it would work through steam including the time trials.

cicero

I love leaving my computer for a few hours and coming back to see that my Steam Wallet balance has risen a few dollars more from selling free cards.

Played through all of ARES just now, game still feels really meh to me but I guess it's not bad
overall

Got the same trading card 3 times though...

derExperte

Wow, someone tried to recover password to my Steam account... too bad the recovery mail was sent to me :)

And the NSA. They want to game too.

Tried three times with four games at once, didn't get any card in several hours of idling. As I went back to one single game idling I got cards with usual timing.

Same for me. Two games, no cards. One game, usual drop rates.

And I noticed that some card prices are actually rising again, They Bleed Pixels for example and Triple Town or Monaco too. So it can pay off to keep them for a while longer if there's a sale and everyone's running to the market.

FYC

Banned
Alright, not even an hour in and I think I'm never playing Star Wars: Starfighter again. Christ this game is terribly boring.

DirtRiver

Now you're on The List.

You said the b word. Only the terrorists do that.

Okay, so that this post is not entirely off-topic, what is the game you are most excited to buy this summer sale?

Mine is Bioshock Infinite (not through Steam, which we already know won't have the best price, but hopefully someone does 15 euros or less for that game)

Okay, so that this post is not entirely off-topic, what is the game you are most excited to buy this summer sale?

Mine is Bioshock Infinite (not through Steam, which we already know won't have the best price, but hopefully someone does 15 euros or less for that game)

Just Cause 2 or Fallout: New Vegas. I've never played the first, and I kinda want to dig back into the second.

Tomodachi

Looking forward for the inevitable NDA breaking from some indie developer on summer sale's starting date :/

Nothing in particular tbh, this year I'm probably more interested in the metagame than the games themselves :p
Still I've got a long wishlist so I'll probably get lots of games I'll play in years :(

HoosTrax

I might actually be selling Bioshock Infinite for around $15 once I get my new 7970 GHz Edition card next week. Actually, I might be selling all four games that come with the card, as none of them are my cup of tea.

As for what games I'm looking forward to getting during summer seal, my top three are probably:
Gunpoint
BIT.TRIP Runner 2
Antichamber

DirtRiver

I might actually be selling Bioshock Infinite for around $15 once I get my new 7970 GHz Edition card next week. Actually, I might be selling all four games that come with the card, as none of them are my cup of tea.

As for what games I'm looking forward to getting during summer seal, my top three are probably:
Gunpoint
BIT.TRIP Runner 2
Antichamber

We should talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom