• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get the bundle with Triple Town? I got 3 bucks back from that.

No, another bundle on Amazon with five indie games. It's Strike Suit Zero in that bundle, but Strike Suit Infinity is the game with card support. I had no idea there were two Strike Suit games when I bought the bundle.

twzw7b1z.jpg

Remote Desktop is being a fickle beast, so allow me to say "cheers, mate". <3

So this is the new Bad Rats cursed gift? lol

Did you get the bundle with Triple Town? I got 3 bucks back from that.

Yea, Triple Town has been the most lucrative game for me in terms of cards holding their value. They all sell for $1+ whereas other games go down to 30-40 cents.

Remote Desktop is being a fickle beast, so allow me to say "cheers, mate". <3

:)

I recall you lamenting the fact that you hadn't been able to get it before it got removed from Steam. Figured this was probably the only time I'd be able to gift you a game you didn't already own :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
:)

I recall you lamenting the fact that you hadn't been able to get it before it got removed from Steam. Figured this was probably the only time I'd be able to gift you a game you didn't already own :p

I had in my cart, um'ing and ah'ing for while, and when I did finally decide to take the plunge, the game had been pulled. Now I don't have to worry about such a scare again. <3

Wiktor

If you have the time and the patience, yes. The Witcher 1 has a really unique atmosphere, darker and grittier then TW2. The intro part is good, ch 1 a bit slow, but ch2 and ch3 are fantastic. It just takes some time to get used to the combat system.

The combat system in W1 is great once you get used to it. It's still point and click, but it's far more engaging than typical hack-n-slash combat of Diablo or Torchlight variety.

It seems that Rift is removed from Steam now. I thought it would be added as Free to Play. Did anybody found a way to add it to their library?

jediyoshi

There was a DBZ mod on there a very long time ago. During the sucky days of Steam. Yes children, Steam did suck once...

That was supplanted by them being the awesome days of HL1, where any mod shitty or not would have a butt load of players.

baconcow

Why is WarZ the top-rated game on Steam, right now? Many other games go 75% off and don't even get close to the top 10 selling. Do potential buyers not see the 20% critic and 15% user scores and have second thoughts?

Rapstah

Why is WarZ the top-rated game on Steam, right now? Many other games go 75% off and don't even get close to the top 10 selling. Do potential buyers not see the 20% critic and 15% user scores and have second thoughts?

There's a pretty constant 1000+ people watching Russian and Polish streams of it on Twitch at any given time. There might be a target audience for it.

I have to say, that ESF was really crappy compared to the DBZ Budokai Mod for Quake 3.

The Budokai-Mod had like 30 different DBZ-Maps, 50 characters and so on. Was really unbalanced, but I really had a blast playing it, since it was really so "close" to the Anime/Manga.
It even had a lot of characters from the Movies.

Grief.exe

Some good news on the possibility of Destiny on PC. Sounds like we will lag behind the console release a bit.

So MGSV, Division, and Destiny all have some solid PC port evidence.

It makes you wonder though, why do all of these companies have a similar strategy? Activision and Ubi always have been consistently releasing games on PC. But all of them have been beating around the bush with announcements.

When quizzed on the possibility of a PC version, Eric Osborne, Bungie senior writer and head of community, told IGN, "We haven't said yes, and we haven't said no."

He went on, "The more platforms we take on, the more work it ultimately becomes, and what we don't want is to compromise the core experience on any platforms. We have a lot of people who play on PCs. We have a lot of appetite to build that experience. We haven't announced it yet, but we're looking forward to talking more about that kind of stuff in the future."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/409154/bungie-keen-on-bringing-destiny-to-pc/

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
War Z is ok. Played for a few hours today, was murdered with a baseball bat. Was waiting for a dude outside of a house and he snuck up behind me. Definitely has better inventory management than Day Z, just isn't as fun. Decent time waster till SA comes out.

Some good news on the possibility of Destiny on PC. Sounds like we will lag behind the console release a bit.

So MGSV, Division, and Destiny all have some solid PC port evidence.

It makes you wonder though, why do all of these companies have a similar strategy? Activision and Ubi always have been consistently releasing games on PC. But all of them have been beating around the bush with announcements.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/409154/bungie-keen-on-bringing-destiny-to-pc/

Doubt it would come to Steam. I could see Battlenet if/when Activision adds third party support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom