• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Do we know when the Thomas Was Alone trading cards are coming?

Not sure If I should wait or keep playing the game right away :/
Just play it if you want to, you can idle on it later when the cards come.

Activision is just the publisher. It doesn't own the IP. I don't see Bungie being willing to release on Steam.
Why not? It's not like the time when they were owned by or under contract with Microsoft can be used as a precedent. And I know for a fact that a huge number of Bungie employees are avid Steam/Dota players too, so I would imagine they'd love to see their game there.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What should be the title of the next thread?

I'm thinking something to do with cards.

Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 III - I'm gonna pop some tags, got 20 cards in my pocket
Steam Announcements & Updates 2013 The Third - The Turn of a Friendly Card

2 of my favorite things combined: Alan Parsons Project and buying games.

I have a certain amount of morbid curiosity to see how a 20/100 Metacritic game plays. Add to that the fact that there's a lot of free Steam cards money flowing around...

Grief.exe

Doubt it would come to Steam. I could see Battlenet if/when Activision adds third party support.

Doubtful. Activision always releases games Steamworks on PC. Even those developed by studios not owned by Activision.

Any reason you're saying this? Or a source? I don't follow Blizzard too often, but to my knowledge they are almost treated as a separate entity from Activision. Battle.net reflects this as well.

Activision is just the publisher. It doesn't own the IP. I don't see Bungie being willing to release on Steam.

So what is your reasoning behind Battle.net then?

Doubtful. Activision always releases games Steamworks on PC. Even those developed by studios not owned by Activision.

Any reason you're saying this? Or a source? I don't follow Blizzard too often, but to my knowledge they are almost treated as a separate entity from Activision. Battle.net reflects this as well.

I think he thought that battlenet client leaked was to compete with Steam. Its not,it is for their own titles like sc,wc and diablo.

I realize this is a HUUUUGE reach and only applies to developing but here

The weirdest part of the contract, though, is that Activision specifically bars Valve Software, Epic Games, and Gearbox Software from developing any "Destiny" or "Comet" "conversions or adaptations." I have no idea why anyone at Activision would think to specify this. Is this a rampant problem in the industry, with Gabe Newell and Cliff Bleszinski sneering at The Man as they make unauthorized expansions to hit FPS titles?

Just a feeling. Would love to be wrong.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm pretty sure that part of the contract was added by Bungie to ensure that sequels to their game couldn't get farmed out to other developers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I find it weird Valve is mentioned; it's not secret that the company no longer makes games.

Steam payment system knows you are making a mistake.

Anyway, what's on the horizon in terms of new games soon?

Company of Heroes 2 is out in about a week and a half. Shadowrun Returns is due some time this month, too.

Didn't Valve make that game called "Chess"?

3nsdrsmi8pxx.png

crozier

Why is WarZ the top-rated game on Steam, right now? Many other games go 75% off and don't even get close to the top 10 selling. Do potential buyers not see the 20% critic and 15% user scores and have second thoughts?

So much for holding developers accountable :/

This is pretty much the worst of the lot, with lots of negative press to boot, and they're making a killing right now.

DTKT

Why is WarZ the top-rated game on Steam, right now? Many other games go 75% off and don't even get close to the top 10 selling. Do potential buyers not see the 20% critic and 15% user scores and have second thoughts?

It's very hard to make a compelling case against 3$ and zombies.

Deques

Wow, someone tried to recover password to my Steam account... too bad the recovery mail was sent to me :)

If you use Gmail 2-step verification the odds of someone hijacking your Steam account are about as low as they're gonna get for now. I'd recommend that or a similar service for all accounts that are prone to theft.

Should have enabled it a long time ago. Why didn't I do it??

Whatever happened to that chess game anyway? Why did Valve pull it off Steam?

EDIT:
P/S Valve, bring it back with trading cards and TF2 hats

JaseC

Whatever happened to that chess game anyway? Why did Valve pull it off Steam?

IIRC, which I'm probably not because this happened almost a decade ago, it and the other in-built games were pulled around the time Valve opened up the store to third parties.

TBkxZh5.png

bigbosssalute.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
They really should bring it back.

At the very worst case scenario, make it something you have to get via the badge system.

I kinda want to pre-order Shadowrun Returns but it has no firm release date and that discount ain't deep enough.

The main thing keeping me from doing so was finding out that only Kickstarter pre-orders were getting the Berlin campaign, not Steam purchases. Lame as hell move on their part, since the way it was worded was that everyone would get Berlin as part of the game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
asvo3k1k.jpg

<3

I had no idea a fourth one existed.

Supposedly removed from Steam (according to those forum lists) but one of my friends showed me that a link to buy it was still floating around. Figured you'd want it. ;)

JaseC

Supposedly removed from Steam (according to those forum lists) but one of my friends showed me that a link to buy it was still floating around. Figured you'd want it. ;)

If only this were true for all games seemingly removed from Steam. :(

NT7D2V0.gif

I was surprised when Everyday Genius popped up in my library after a friend gifted me the MumboJumbo pack. I wonder why it isn't being sold separately? One of the blokes from TrueThought posted on SPUF that the distribution rights had reverted back to them, but if this were true I'd assume the game wouldn't be in the pack.

PriitV

Who hasn't done Portal2 coop calibration course yet and would like to help me out? Decided to go for achievements and P2 seemed like a good game to start from.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I have some keys to give away. Quote if you'd like one of the following:

- Pirates of the Black Cove
- Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
- AquaNox
- Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes

I'll take Pirates Of The Black Cove please Jase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom