• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

There won't be a cap since there are gonna be a ridiculous number of badges that can be acquired. The speed with which people level will slow though as each level from 50-60 will require 600xp, and then 700xp per level from 60-70 and so on.

I know, I meant currently since there is a max limit before more cards are added and I assume the people who are leveling up will be getting those new badges as soon as they can

zychi

Banned
How much are you guys throwing in your account for the Summer Sale? Looking through the games I want but don't own. I think I can make it by with $50-$75

I basically want:
the Battlefield 2 Collection
Metro Last Light
COH2(Doubt itll go under $30 like Id want)
Remember ME(Tho I've already played through it on Xbox, I'd add it to my collection for under $20)

Not really a huge list of stuff I want.

Nabs

Valve is paying for the summer sale this year.

(Don't throw too much into your account. We still have Amazon/GMG to watch for.)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Important news.

Bad Rats bundle is up on Indie Gala:

The Flat Rats Bundle
PAY WHAT YOU WANT minimum $0.99 AND GET:
- Bad Rats: the Rat's Revenge on Steam
- FlatOut on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:
- Space Empires IV Deluxe on Steam
- Puzzle Kingdoms on Steam
- Razor2 Hidden Skies on Steam

Also, minor importance bundles:

The King's Bounty Bundle
- King's Bounty: The Legend on Steam

BEAT $3.99 AND GET ALSO:
- King's Bounty: Armored Princess on Steam

The Star Wolves Bundle
- Star Wolves on Steam

BEAT $4.99 AND GET ALSO:
- Star Wolves 3: Civil War on Steam
- Star Wolves 2 on Steam

So I'm really interested in Dark Souls II however after getting my ass handed to me in Demon's Soul I was very hesistant to buy Dark Souls.
Is Dark Souls somewhat easier than Demon's Soul ? I understand that challenge is a big part of the game but Demon's Souls was really unfun in that regard (the game felt great to me though).

Tenrius

So I'm really interested in Dark Souls II however after getting my ass handed to me in Demon's Soul I was very hesistant to buy Dark Souls.
Is Dark Souls somewhat easier than Demon's Soul ? I understand that challenge is a big part of the game but Demon's Souls was really unfun in that regard (the game felt great to me though).

How far did you go in Demon's Souls? I'd say that they are about equally challenging, but then again, I didn't find either particularly difficult. The few opening locations in Dark Souls are indeed easier than their equivalent in Demon's Souls, though.

Everybody who likes Homeworld or sci-fi games in general should definitely get this.

Branson

Is it still worth going through the Witcher 1 before I get to 2? I was playing it a bit last night and enjoyed it but its a little dated. I can tell the story is going to be decent.

How far did you go in Demon's Souls? I'd say that they are about equally challenging, but then again, I didn't find either particularly difficult. The few opening locations in Dark Souls are indeed easier than their equivalent in Demon's Souls, though.

I didn't go very far and my memory's kinda hazy, I played it 3 years ago. I remember a giant armored dude and a giant spider in some cavern. Also I might have built my character like shit, I think I took the starting class with a club and I remember being exhausted after a few hits.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is it still worth going through the Witcher 1 before I get to 2? I was playing it a bit last night and enjoyed it but its a little dated. I can tell the story is going to be decent.

Both are great games, 1 is better IMO.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm guessing one of them will be Snuggle Truck
Could be that (meh) or Monster Trucks Nitro (fun) or Off-Road Drive (zzzzz) or something hilarious like Farming Simulator 2011.

I also guess Nuclear Dawn and Faerie Solitaire.

Neki

Giving away copies of:
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Trine 2: The Complete Story
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Just quote which one you'd like. They've been sitting in my inventory pretty long now. xD

edit: all gone

MNC

Giving away copies of:

Just quote which one you'd like. They've been sitting in my inventory pretty long now. xD

Trine 2 for a buddy so I can finish up the story in co-op!

Edit: Does it work for overriding to get the DLC?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Giving away copies of:

Recettear please? :D

Nabs

4 minutes in and I regret adding Strike Suit Zero to my account.

Off to the dump you go.

Atrocious controls and bizarre sub-hd visuals. I seletected 1080p as the resolution but the game looks like it's rendering at 480p.

Oh man, I just got this bug as well. Infinity looks great, while Zero looks... well...

iiOkLegKnfWfr.jpg
i4br9y60PHwlt.jpg

I resized the pics to make it feel more natural.

baconcow

I think I got mine randomly from the Holiday 2011 thingy, it's been so long I don't even remember, lol.

Dupy gave me TL2 so I felt like I should give back some love too. ;)

I wish I was on Steam during the holiday 2011 sale. Everyone seemed to get some awesome games for free.

Valve should add card to bad rats just to troll us, just add to the misery of adding cards to shitty indie games, plus I might finally redeem that gift copy I have.

Caerith

Stupid Steam client question: when I'm viewing my library in detailed view, if I scroll the side bar all the way to the top, after about a second it snaps back down a little bit (like, 10% of the way down). This only seems to happen if my top category is collapsed. Anyone know why this is and if there's a way to turn it off?

JakeD

Stupid Steam client question: when I'm viewing my library in detailed view, if I scroll the side bar all the way to the top, after about a second it snaps back down a little bit (like, 10% of the way down). This only seems to happen if my top category is collapsed. Anyone know why this is and if there's a way to turn it off?

That happens to me too. I thought it was my mouse, glad to see its a weird steam glitch.

Joe Molotov

Gaben, please excrete upon us the Summer Sale, from your most glorious anus! And may the 75%+ off games be as plentiful as corn nuggets.

Wok

That happens to me too. I thought it was my mouse, glad to see its a weird steam glitch.

At some point, I had a similar glitch but the view snapped all the way to the top of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom