• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulLFC

Started Mars: War Logs
Got into game
Saw 360 controller prompts
Quit
Unplugged 360 controller
Started game
Quit

Maybe there's a way to disable it through settings, too tired to look right now so for the moment I'm putting it down to a stupid design decision and going to bed. Is it that difficult to have keyboard prompts?

I really liked Trine 1, but I'm having the hardest time motivating myself to continue chipping away at Trine 2. I don't know if it's the game's fault, or if I've just changed as a gamer since playing through Trine in 2010, but man I've lost momentum with that one.

I didn't think anuses had summer sales to be honest.

It's all part of the meta game.

Baha

Got into game
Quit
Unplugged 360 controller
Started game
Quit

Maybe there's a way to disable it through settings, too tired to look right now so for the moment I'm putting it down to a stupid design decision and going to bed. Is it that difficult to have keyboard prompts?

Should be, I remember seeing them disable those 360 prompts in the GB quicklook.

Rufus

With all the games coming back to Steam I would like to repeat my question:
If it's not on Steam as a F2P title then there's no way for users to add it to their library. I guess you could always add the shortcut and launch through Steam, but I supposed that's not quite what you want.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone know when Crusader Kings 2 will go on sale again? I missed it a few weeks ago and now it's up to full price.

It's currently 50% off at Gamestop and activates on Steam, but if you want to wait for the summer sale (within the next month), Paradox is usually 75% off.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is it me or is there a crazy amount of freezes in Brutal Legend?
I think the game crashed on me once or twice, but nothing serious.

I really liked Trine 1, but I'm having the hardest time motivating myself to continue chipping away at Trine 2. I don't know if it's the game's fault, or if I've just changed as a gamer since playing through Trine in 2010, but man I've lost momentum with that one.
Try playing it in co-op. It becomes a lot funnier when you are rolling double or triple wizards.

ShaneB

Finished up Tomb Raider. That was a fun romp for the most part. Didn't care at all about the narrative, but was still a fun game. Nice to kick back with a "controller" game since I've played mainly kbm stuff lately.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much are you guys throwing in your account for the Summer Sale? Looking through the games I want but don't own. I think I can make it by with $50-$75

I basically want:
the Battlefield 2 Collection
Metro Last Light
COH2(Doubt itll go under $30 like Id want)
Remember ME(Tho I've already played through it on Xbox, I'd add it to my collection for under $20)

Not really a huge list of stuff I want.

As much as I can. Unlike last year, though, I don't think there's anything in particular I want (unless TimeShift is a Daily :eek:).

I wouldn't expect much in the way of a discount on Remember Me. Capcom put DMC on sale last month, but despite the game bombing and releasing four months earlier, it was just 40% off.

Edit: CoH2 will probably be 25% off at best.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm dropping Alan Wake's American Nightmare on SteamGifts for the GAF group if there is actually anyone who doesn't have it. 1hr.

Done and sent. Does this recover karma for the copy I was given and haven't played yet?

Not really looking for anything in specific, more want to finish of dlc collections for a few games and pick up older titles like Max Payne 1+2, and the original half life titles, and possibly the telltale titles that weren't in the weekly sale. Hoping we see another $7.50 Dark souls as I missed that during the amazon sale.

Vecks

I've always found both trine games a bit dull. But, just like I do with Alice Madness Returns, I still work my way through them in bite-sizes for the sake of the wonderful art. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish these games.

Xanathus

Got into game
Quit
Unplugged 360 controller
Started game
Quit

I'm playing it now and I've never seen a single 360 prompt, though I've also never had a controller plugged in while playing it. I do recall seeing an option to disable the 360 prompts in the options screen in the Giantbomb quick look.

Strange that there has not been any client updates in a while. I thought after them working on the steam nav and community pages that more was to come. I hope something big is coming.

Beat Dungeon Siege III today. It was okay. Diablo III is better and felt more "epic" for lack of a better word.

Also, I started Prototype 2 today and it runs like shit. Like, down to single digit fps randomly.

Neki

I think I mention how much I hate Uplay every time I have to play Assassin's Creed again. I don't remember my password and it's not sending me a recovery form, stupid ubisoft! xD

I think I mention how much I hate Uplay every time I have to play Assassin's Creed again. I don't remember my password and it's not sending me a recovery form, stupid ubisoft! xD

I apparently have 2 Uplay accounts, for similar reasons. I accidently tied From Dust to the wrong account, and when I asked if I could fix it they told me to rebuy the game. So now I just have to remember that it's the other account.

I'm looking for a custom Borderlands 1 launcher application that I used back in 2010 that allowed for me to turn off the black outlines on stuff, and let me play in third person. Does anyone remember that thing? I've poked around the places I sort of remember seeing it, but I don't see it anywhere.

I guess I could just edit the .ini's but I remember this being a fairly elegant solution to all of that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Deques

I'm looking for a custom Borderlands 1 launcher application that I used back in 2010 that allowed for me to turn off the black outlines on stuff, and let me play in third person. Does anyone remember that thing? I've poked around the places I sort of remember seeing it, but I don't see it anywhere.

I guess I could just edit the .ini's but I remember this being a fairly elegant solution to all of that. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I think you mean this one

The download links are dead, but the are mirror links which are not listed. I found it in the gearbox forums

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've had exactly the same experience and I don't know why. I wrote a pretty loving review for the first game and really looked forward to this one, but ugh... I couldn't get through it. It's still very much Trine and so very pretty, but the physics puzzles annoyed me a bit. On paper it should be the better Trine, though. Maybe I should give it another go.

I thought Trine 2 was far superior to the first game. Co-op made all the difference in the world but the game itself was better crafted too.

feel

Oh man, I just got this bug as well. Infinity looks great, while Zero looks... well...

iiOkLegKnfWfr.jpg
i4br9y60PHwlt.jpg

I resized the pics to make it feel more natural.
I was getting that yesterday when I first tried to play the game (sub hd aliasing galore and weird rainbow shapes), but a simple restart of the game fixed it for me.

Caerith

Trine 2 is an improvement over Trine 1, but I sympathize with the fatigue. I generally enjoyed the first game, but the second just doesn't grab me.

Is ACIII a good port?

Technically, there's nothing wrong with it. Has all the PC bells and whistles, keyboard and mouse are supported well, although it plays better with a controller. Whether its a worthy AC game is a different question.

From what I've played of it, its fine, but prepare to be playing a tutorial for at least 3 hours. Personally I burnt myself out on the AC formula, having played AC2 and Brotherhood back to back before attempting to start AC3. I've also heard not to waste time with the meta-campaign (upgrading the region around the assassins base), unlike AC 2 it really amounts to nothing.

I have read that the DLC is really good though, so I've been thinking of jumping back in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is ACIII a good port?

It has less bugs than the console versions, but even a heavily-overclocked 2600K isn't enough to prevent framerate drops in towns; the game's CPU optimisation isn't the best. It's certainly playable, though.

ngt

I've had exactly the same experience and I don't know why. I wrote a pretty loving review for the first game and really looked forward to this one, but ugh... I couldn't get through it. It's still very much Trine and so very pretty, but the physics puzzles annoyed me a bit. On paper it should be the better Trine, though. Maybe I should give it another go.

Same here. Couldn't force myself to play Trine 2 (another wasted pre-order). Try to play it in co-op, worked for me. I had a great fun playing with my friends and you can either try to solve the puzzles or just cheat (mage + levitation). Both ways are fun :)

It has less bugs than the console versions, but even a heavily-overclocked 2600K isn't enough to prevent framerate drops in towns; the game's CPU optimisation isn't the best. It's certainly playable, though.

Because of that avatar I read all your posts in a crying voice.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Why single out certain developers though?
Because they don't want the game to be shit (Gearbox), to take 25 years to make (Valve) nor to be brown and white (Epic Games). Also, the latter is busy developing Jazz Jackrabbit III, so they better be left alone.

Fear 3 is currently £3.99 at simplycdkeys

http://www.simplycdkeys.com/steam/fear-3
Shitty site selling shady game...

Sorry, got them wrong: shady site selling shitty game.

Has 'The Witcher' been on sale for 75% or greater during a Steam sale? Is it worth buying now, during the weekend sale, if I'm not going to play it immediately?

Deques

Has 'The Witcher' been on sale for 75% or greater during a Steam sale? Is it worth buying now, during the weekend sale, if I'm not going to play it immediately?

The base price is now 8€ (8 dollar?). Before price drop it was 10€ and has been on sale for 75% off. The game is good. Buy it and play it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom