• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Hmmm didn't I buy Test Drive: Ferrari for like 7.50$ the week after it came out? lol... I think that was even before it got on steam.

When I saw it on the front page, I assumed it was going to be 75 percent off. Then I remembered all the ways it was broken (and never patched) and was wondering if I'd still talk myself into it. 33 percent off? Pfft. You're right, everyone else had this at 75 percent off weeks after release. They're really milking the Steam fanboys on this one.

EDIT: It was available on Steam, it was just 10 dollars more than every other service;) And no sale. 39.99 vs 7.50. Fight!

nexen

Republic Commando is still awesome. Wish someone would update the renderer, textures, and models though.

I got Republic Commando on my wishlist for the next Steam sale.

Looks like it was $2.50 last sale.

Yeah, unless Disney shenanigans occur I expect it to be about that price next sale, or probably even cheaper as part of some Star Wars megapack.

ShaneB

Yeah, I wish I had bought Battlefront 2 a while ago as well, so I think I'll pick that up whenever a Star Wars sale happens.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Star Wars pack has been on my list for a while now, as I completely forgot to pick it up during the Autumn and Winter Sales. If my luck didn't decree that buying it as soon as the Summer Sale begins means it'll be a Daily at 66% off later on, it'd be my first purchase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Star Wars pack has been on my list for a while now, as I completely forgot to pick it up during the Autumn and Winter Sales. If my luck didn't decree that buying it as soon as the Summer Sale begins means it'll be a Daily at 66% off later on, it'd be my first purchase.

What pack JaseC?

How is the writing in CStW and BoD7? I've enjoyed the penny arcade games as sort of an RPG-lite (found them similar to Costume Quest in that regard) but I'm not sure how much of the writing can be credited to Zeboyd games.

The writing was a collaborative effort between Jerry Holkins (aka Tycho) and me. How responsible I was for the finished text is directly proportionate to how much you enjoyed it. :)

Grief.exe

I'd settle for fixing the widescreen and making it support the 360 pad natively since the mouse feels like ass with their setup.

I looked into it and you are right, you can edit your .ini for widescreen but that really doesn't fix the HUD or FOV

While this method makes the game run in widescreen resolutions, the FOV still remains on values for 4:3 screens. HUD also is getting stretched.

http://www.wsgf.org/dr/star-wars-republic-commando
http://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Republic_Commando#Widescreen_Resolution

You have to download the app:(

Gross

The big one.

Yeah, but I crunched the numbers last year and the complete pack at half off is oh-so-slightly cheaper than purchasing the discounted games individually.

Ohhh the Star Wars Collection (because the other it's the Jedi Knight Collection).

Thx, I think I'll get this collection during the Summer Sales!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How is the writing in CStW and BoD7? I've enjoyed the penny arcade games as sort of an RPG-lite (found them similar to Costume Quest in that regard) but I'm not sure how much of the writing can be credited to Zeboyd games.

CStW is hilarious. Definitely some of the funniest dialogue I have read in a game.

Grief.exe

Beetlejuiced!

Anyone know if Star Wars: The Clone Wars game is GFWL?

edit: err, nevermind. Yes it is.

Gross

I actually moved Far Cry 3 out of my top ten on my wishlist because of UPLAY.

I'm done with stacked DRM on top of Steam.

Its just ridiculous. Sell your game on Steam, and tell people the key activates on UPLAY as well.

iwXYn5Y.png

heh heh heh

Thankfully the uninstall is just a button press away. I'll be installing/uninstalling that awful app every time I'm forced to use it.

You don't havvvveee to if it's a steam key at least from my personal experience, to their credit they sent me a key on 2 occasions just when I emailed them saying I didn't want to download their client! Disclaimer: May not work for you.

Nillansan

I know right? Co-op was sick in WoC, but I can't justify picking up FoC for more than like 10$ since they dropped co-op.

What? Damn it, I just assumed that FoC would have a co-op mode. I was looking forward to play it with my wife, we had a tremendous time playing through WfC.

Salsa

playing the first Dishonored DLC before Daud hits. Forgot how gorgeous the game is. They even do some new cool stuff with the environments in these levels.

it helps that I can downsample and force all kinds of AA and still get steady 60.

I even kinda feel like replaying it for a third time

Dr Dogg

also Xelios just made it to 3000 games

are we throwin a party or what

The wonders of Steam and digital hording hold no bounds. Plus is a massive space saver. I was doing some mundane housework earlier and trying to sort out around 200 or so boxed games and frankly looks a mess. Got the feeling I might be looking for a new place to live if I had to organise 3,000 though I bet you could make a nice fort/shelter out of em.

Gvaz

Banned
Metro 2033 was great (the book was better) and Last Light will be awesome.

That preorder bonus locking away a game difficulty is complete horseshit though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom