• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
basically if you bought the stealth suit you could sneak past some sections, even with monsters iirc.

it's actually a pretty cool way to play the game in ranger mode.

Ah. Metro 2033 was one of the first games I fired up when I bought a GTX 570, but I didn't find the performance satisfactory. I'll probably run through the game once I'm done with BioInf.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah. Metro 2033 was one of the first games I fired up when I bought a GTX 570, but I didn't find the performance satisfactory. I'll probably run through the game once I'm done with BioInf.
yeah, performance was always pretty shitty, I managed to make it run on my 9800gt on release, so I suppose whatever beast you have will wreck it.

also whoever plays an eastern european or russian game for "tight gameplay", "responsive controls" or "good shooting mechanics" or whatever has their foot shot already.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
also whoever plays an eastern european or russian game for "tight gameplay", "responsive controls" or "good shooting mechanics" or whatever has their foot shot already.

Hey now, STALKER has great gunplay as far as I'm concerned. SoC with the Complete mod has some of the most tense and satisfying firefights in any game I've played.

I haven't been able to get into Metro 2033, though. The intro drags.

Cramoss

Metro 2033 is one of my favorite fps ever so I'm pretty hyped for Last Light. Will it be better than Bioshock Infinite? Probably not, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey now, STALKER has great gunplay as far as I'm concerned. SoC with the Complete mod has some of the most tense and satisfying firefights in any game I've played.

I haven't been able to get into Metro 2033, though. The intro drags.
you can ask me any day and stalker would be on my favorite 5 games or something, but I wouldn't call the gunplay great at all.

it's kinda weird, I really enjoy like the situation of combat in stalker but the actual shooting is pretty insufferable until you get the real guns and even then it's just clunky and rough. everything else is really awesome, with dudes getting caught in anomalies and random mob spawns joining the fray and all that stuff that comes with the AI being so unpredictable.

but the act of shooting a gun is pretty lame, really, it's just not satisfying at all.

edit: it's not really bad, it's just like bland and detached. I actually kinda like it for that, feels really different than other games.

I shall exercise my rights and choose not to buy Democracy 2!

Ha!

Lol what a buzz kill sale. Wait for it... wait for it!!!!! Democracy 2.

I'm incredibly excited for Last Light, 2033 was fantastic to me.

Still way too much. Like I'm gonna pay $10 for a game from 2007, come on.

This game was like 75% off last sale I'm pretty sure.

Also it has no resolution options so you get to play fullscreen at some terribly low setting. Also the mouse acts strange.

Wow! This place is full of Democracy haters.

Megasoum

Banned
I bet that now that I've decided that I actually want to buy Dark Souls and Vampire the Masquarade they will never be on sale....ugh

omg_mjd

Is it worth it to get both Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: OTR since they're on sale? I haven't played a Dead Rising game yet.

xPaw

SteamDB developer and generally a pretty crafty guy.
You can see all the sales, weeklong, daily etc at steamdb.info before they get "announced"

spellforce 2 stuff is currently at negative price.
You can't see sales before they get announced. Whatever you see in web store, is same on SteamDB. It was 150% for a brief moment in which we managed to update it.

JaseC

The list:

75% off the Stronghold franchise
75% off Chrome ($1.24 or $1.99 for the Chrome + SpecForce bundle)
40% off CameraBag 2 ($8.99)
75% off Air Tycoon 2 ($4.99 or $7.49 for Air Tycoon 2 Gold)
75% off Razor2: Hidden Skies ($2.49)
33% off Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends ($20.09)
25% off Demolition Inc. ($4.86 or $5.61 for the game + DLC bundle)
75% off SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny ($4.99 or $6.24 for the DDE or $12.49 for SpellForce Complete)
75% off Bad Rats ($1.24)
66% off Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can ($4.75)
75% off AI War: Fleet Command ($2.49 or $4.24 for the game + DLC bundle)
75% off Tidalis ($1.24)
75% off A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack ($3.74 or $11.24 for the four-pack [$2.81 per head])
75% off Shattered Haven ($2.49)

I assume Demolition Inc. is supposed to be 75% off.

Chronoja

You can't see sales before they get announced. Whatever you see in web store, is same on SteamDB. It was 150% for a brief moment in which we managed to update it.

What I mean is there is no "Steam news" update or anything on their rss feed regarding the new weeklong deals or the new daily yet, in that regard you see them before they get announced. It's just like looking at the sales page but with more info.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack - Four Pack" has quite the ring to it.
Rolls right off the tongue.

Just like Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy would, had it used the whole title.

JaseC

Just like Star Wars: Dark Forces IV: Jedi Knight III: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy would, had it used the whole title.

Or SWDF4JK3JO2JA for short. If you try to type that very fast you'll probably spell Saoirse instead.

Blizzard

Banned
For anyone curious about Bad Rats, now's your chance! What could go wrong with that price. Surely people exaggerate how bad the game is, right?

This is the way the world ends

JaseC

I'm having an internal debate over whether or not to buy CameraBag. On one hand, it's $9; on the other, it's 7 months old and only 40% off.

B40F345DF06DE873889AB143EC312BB092A12593

JaseC

Looks like PSX-era CGI. I hope we can experience such amazing visuals in real-time in the future.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Or SWDF4JK3JO2JA for short. If you try to type that very fast you'll probably spell Saoirse instead.
That reminds me of the Origin code used to get games for free a couple of months ago.

What saddens me is that we'll never see a SWDF5JK4JO3JA2JediMaster. RIP LucasArts.

For anyone curious about Bad Rats, now's your chance! What could go wrong with that price. Surely people exaggerate how bad the game is, right?

This is the way the world ends
I'll NEVER own that game. Even free would be too much. I already tainted my account with Revelations 2012, I won't make the same mistake twice.

nexen

My favorite was Star Wars: Dark Forces V: Jedi Knight IV: Jedi Outcast III: Jedi Academy II: Republic Commando

That reminds me of the Origin code used to get games for free a couple of months ago.

What saddens me is that we'll never see a SWDF5JK4JO3JA2JediMaster. RIP LucasArts.

I'll NEVER own that game. Even free would be too much. I already tainted my account with Revelations 2012, I won't make the same mistake twice.

I'm holding out hope that they get other studios to make Star Wars games for them.

are there any big budget third party studios left?

JaseC

Okay, I finally managed to purchase what I wanted. I decided against CameraBag since it's been 66% off in the past.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm didn't I buy Test Drive: Ferrari for like 7.50$ the week after it came out? lol... I think that was even before it got on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom