• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to bed so I don't feel like listing the Steam keys out, but GameStop is having a sale on quite a few titles (mostly limited to NA and/or only 50% off though). Games which come with Steam keys should say "Protection: Steamworks" in the description. A few:

*US and Canada only

http://www.impulsedriven.com/explore/games/onsale?om=onsalemore

you think Dragonborn will go any cheaper any time within the next few months?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Been hoarding 100 in my wallet for a couple of months. Holding on for dear life in anticipation for the Summer Sale.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If you want to have some fun, check out the Steam Greenlight Concepts section. The amount of slightly renamed Dooms and angry My Little Pony fan games is pretty staggering.

From MLP RPG:

Favorite it or LEAVE IT.
April 11th, 2013 - TeaBagAllDay

Got a problem with the game? Report it to Steam, Hasbro, whatever there is you can report to. Let's see any of them even give a crap about you.

To Steam: This game is just a concept. And it WILL NOT be a Steam game because I have my own way of distributing the game anyways.
To Hasbro: Please visit my website www.darkkyshadow.com/about.html

To people who like the game: Favorite it if you like. Play part 1 for free or to wait for part 2.
To people that got problems: No one here is giving a dam or will give a dam to your opinion. LEAVE THE COMMENT SECTION ALONG! I am tired of the steam notifications.

Thank you!
Harvard Han - Lead Developer of MLP RPG.

jediyoshi

349.6mb patch for dishonored, seems small if it's the assets for the new dlc
don't remember if the trials dlc was a forced download or not

Chittagong

Gold Member
Building my spring/summer sale wait list. I am determined to work through my backlog and wait until these come on sale

Bioshock Infinite
Tomb Raider
Resident Evil 5
Sleeping Dogs Year of the Snake
Dishonored (only if -75%)
DmC

also, waiting for an EA sale...

Sim City
Crysis 3
Dead Space 3

so much to play, so little time.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Building my spring/summer sale wait list. I am determined to work through my backlog and wait until these come on sale

Bioshock Infinite - NOPE
Tomb Raider - ONLY IF IT'S <$10
Resident Evil 5 - NOPE
Sleeping Dogs Year of the Snake - YEAH
Dishonored (only if -75%) - YEAH
DmC - ONLY IF IT'S <$10

also, waiting for an EA sale...

Sim City - NOPE
Crysis 3 - NOPE
Dead Space 3 - MAYBE, I NEED THE PREVIOUS GAMES TOO

so much to play, so little time.
Not bad, not bad.

ShaneB

Definitely underestimated XCOM. A lot more fun than I initially gave it, got it from BioInf otherwise I'm not sure I would've picked it up.

Smart man. XCOM is incredible. I'm anxiously awaiting any sort of expansion news, maybe revamp the multiplayer or something to give it any life.

And guess my interest in LaMulana is peaked now after hearing it described as a 2D Dark Souls. Will check that out eventually I am sure.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Smart man. XCOM is incredible. I'm anxiously awaiting any sort of expansion news, maybe revamp the multiplayer or something to give it any life.

I hope the expansion drops soon too since I'd like to pair it with the Soldiers and Hong Kong DLC packs when I reinstall the game.

And guess my interest in LaMulana is peaked now after hearing it described as a 2D Dark Souls. Will check that out eventually I am sure.

Wishlisted

Speaking of....how hard/easy is Dark Souls to get back into? I played for a while and took a break, have no idea where I'm at in the game.

FloatOn

So. Who thinks Metro Last Light will be better than Bioshock Infinite?

I do.

Probably won't have as good of a twist though.

Touch

So I have been playing the open beta (demo) of TM Stadium2 and just pre purchased it. Is there a way to access the open beta once you have bought the game? It changed from beta to the actual game and now I can't play it. :(

kaleii

Probably, they cancelled my order. Welp, was only the Rage DLC, it'll be cheap somewhere else soon anyway.

Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that it only was for some DLC.

Man... I can't get over that I missed all the bonuses in the Build a Greenlight bundle. The initial deal didn't have anything that interested me, but the bonuses ... oh, the bonuses :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that it only was for some DLC.

Man... I can't get over that I missed all the bonuses in the Build a Greenlight bundle. The initial deal didn't have anything that interested me, but the bonuses ... oh, the bonuses :/
You could get La-Mulana for what, $1? I wish I had jumped on that.

iavi

I do.

I don't think it'll be as good in the narrative dept as Infinite, but I think it'll actually be a lot better in the gunplay, look as good, and be at least as atmospheric as 2033. The few demonstration vids I've seen have it looking amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd

I do.

probably not, feels like they may have stepped back on some of the roughness and uniqueness that made the first one cool, but I dunno.

previews and all that just give me the impression they want more of a thrill ride rather than the somewhat minimalistic (though obviously not always) style of first game.

the fact that the story's original rather than adapted from the books doesn't really bode well for it either

Deadbeat

Banned
probably not, feels like they may have stepped back on some of the roughness and uniqueness that made the first one cool, but I dunno.

previews and all that just give me the impression they want more of a thrill ride rather than the somewhat minimalistic (though obviously not always) style of first game.

the fact that the story's original rather than adapted from the books doesn't really bode well for it either
I started looking at previews and it feels like they fell into the trap that dumbing down games = more sales. I was so gung ho on it and now, meh.
2033 was terrible, though.
You're terrible, though.

zkylon

zkylewd
I started looking at previews and it feels like they fell into the trap that dumbing down games = more sales. I was so gung ho on it and now, meh.
I imagine it'll be something in the middle, but if you asked me what I wanted the most out of a metro sequel, "more responsive controls" and "better action" would be the last two items on my list.

I felt like the better parts of the game were actually when guns weren't being fired and you were just slowly exploring the tunnels, looking for hidden stuff and listening to crazy stories from NPCs.

also I really loved the ending bit, the whole working as a group thing was really good, even if they were very small characters for some reason I felt very much attached to them and their reverence of old soviet greatness. both endings themselves were also pretty great.

I really liked metro 2033, now that I think about it :p

Deadbeat

Banned
I imagine it'll be something in the middle, but if you asked me what I wanted the most out of a metro sequel, "more responsive controls" and "better action" would be the last two items on my list.

I felt like the better parts of the game were actually when guns weren't being fired and you were just slowly exploring the tunnels, looking for hidden stuff and listening to crazy stories from NPCs.

also I really loved the ending bit, the whole working as a group thing was really good, even if they were very small characters for some reason I felt very much attached to them and their reverence of old soviet greatness. both endings themselves were also pretty great.

I really liked metro 2033, now that I think about it :p
I found the controls to be just fine. But I was playing on PC so 360 mileage may vary. The world and the exploration even though it was linear it still had lots of nooks and crannies. Anyone that ran low on ammo was an idiot. There was so much everywhere. It sounds like they ruined it because of the lowest common denominator.

But I loved everything that you mentioned. The world sucked you in.

zkylon

zkylewd
Today I learned that Metro 2033 has stealth sections.
basically if you bought the stealth suit you could sneak past some sections, even with monsters iirc.

it's actually a pretty cool way to play the game in ranger mode.

I found the controls to be just fine. But I was playing on PC so 360 mileage may vary. The world and the exploration even though it was linear it still had lots of nooks and crannies. Anyone that ran low on ammo was an idiot. There was so much everywhere. It sounds like they ruined it because of the lowest common denominator.

But I loved everything that you mentioned. The world sucked you in.
enemies were bullet sponges but that's solved in ranger mode, and just immersion was through the roof.

it's a game that you love because of that, and I think it was enough.

stalker is kinda similar, though the gameplay is a lot more interesting even if it's even less refined.

TIL people played Metro 2033 on something other than Ranger Hardcore
well they didn't have ranger on release :p

and now they're making it a preorder reward

dem assholes

nexen

Metro 2033 has great atmosphere

and nothing else of merit

I agree with this.

It was decidedly 'ok'. Also the framerate was unstable as all hell, which killed a lot of firefight fun for me. I never could find a sweet spot where it ran well and looked decent.

Blizzard

Banned
I played the first part of Metro 2033 for an achievement hunt once. The atmosphere was interesting, and I imagine some of the lighting effects could be cool, but I was certainly not a fan of the shooting/monsters stuff. I feel like it was pretty linear too, though that can be good for some games. Basically I suppose I didn't want what the game was aimed at delivering. I'd rather have less combat and more open exploration, probably.

All that said, having a difficulty option as a paid DLC/preorder bonus is one of the weirder game decisions I've seen recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom