• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I'm kind of embarrassed to admit, but I found the SFIV "tutorial" stages rather difficult. The combos it has you execute, I had major difficulty getting the timing down with.

Those things are SO bad, because they don't teach you jackshit, and most of the combos are hella impractical in an actual game of SF4

HoosTrax

Those things are SO bad, because they don't teach you jackshit, and most of the combos are hella impractical in an actual game of SF4
Ok I feel kind of better now. Because the whole time, I was thinking, there's no way I would be able to pull this off against an actual opponent, if I have to try it like a dozen times to pull it off even once.

Although, I'm still embarrassed that I can't pull off shoryukens consistently with a stick, yet I can do them almost nonstop with a keyboard :s . I blame a complete lack of wrist dexterity in my left hand.

Monaco discussion is a bit old but I was curious if there was a solo option, or is 2p the least amount of people I need for co-op? (if I read it correctly)
There is single player and co-op. Not sure about the requirements for the latter but I'm guessing it's any combination of local and online.

naib

Close to buying Monaco 4 pack..

Quick question; kinda OT.

Got a new vidcard and tried witcher2 again. Now it actually looks / plays well but interested in the lore. I have the original directors cut on gog but never played it. Should I start there or just play 2?

Got a new vidcard and tried witcher2 again. Now it actually looks / plays well but interested in the lore. I have the original directors cut on gog but never played it. Should I start there or just play 2?

How much are you selling a copy for?

Play the first one. It's a great game in it's own right. And the second game basically picks up right where the first one ends.

dani_dc

You can play the second game without playing the first, you'll miss a few things but nothing too important.

With that said, if you're interested in the lore, definitively play the first game, I thought it was an area where the original game was stronger than it's sequel (though I found the sequel to be the better game of the two).
And it will definitively give a different appreciation of some of the events unfolding in the second game.

Just don't expect the first game to play anything at all like the sequel.

im just getting into steam gaming and I have no damn idea where to start :( I mostly play RPG's and action games on ps3 but FPS's on xbox due mostly to friends and family

FYC

Banned
im just getting into steam gaming and I have no damn idea where to start :( I mostly play RPG's and action games on ps3 but FPS's on xbox due mostly to friends and family

Some games on sale you might like then:

Portal 2 - $5
Far Cry 3 - $30
Spellforce Complete - $12.49
Cthulu Saves The World + Breath of Death VII - $0.99

dani_dc

i just purchased portal 1 I might as well get portal 2 especially if its that cheap. Any other good action rpgs on here?

The Ys games, I can't speak for Chronicles (Ys 1+2), but Oath and Origin are very satisfying games (even if simple and somewhat reptitive).

I wouldn't buy too many games right away, just get what you want to play right now, if it's a game you're just interested in but can't play right away, might as well wait, a sale might come along in the meantime.

naib

Play the first one. It's a great game in it's own right. And the second game basically picks up right where the first one ends.
Thanks. That's what I'm gonna do then.
Seeing the save import stopped me in my tracks. ;)

Did buy Monaco 4-pack. Not sure how to distribut ei t yet.
Games looks sweet...

I started off with botmatch and then moved onto coop before finally trying out regular versus matches. If you start off by trying to jump into regular matches, you will hate the game and your teammates will hate you even more.

Also, any time trying out a new character, doing it in a coop match is a better idea if you have no idea how to play that character.
coop as in you and someone vs the cpu?

naib

You can play the second game without playing the first, you'll miss a few things but nothing too important.

With that said, if you're interested in the lore, definitively play the first game, I thought it was an area where the original game was stronger than it's sequel (though I found the sequel to be the better game of the two).
And it will definitively give a different appreciation of some of the events unfolding in the second game.

Just don't expect the first game to play anything at all like the sequel.

That's what I'm looking for. I don't doubt 2 is a better game overall, but I feel like I should stop with 2 before I know what I'm missing.
I've only played <45 mins of both games.

Thanks to both of y'all for the feedback.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently Victoria II: A House Divided has a piece of DLC. That's right, there's DLC for DLC. Xzibit would be proud!

But now I need to take a cold shower.

And clean my office.

You don't know what you did.

Gave you something to do? :p

Kabouter

Apparently Victoria II: A House Divided has a piece of DLC. That's right, there's DLC for DLC. Xzibit would be proud!
I'm not seeing it? Or do you mean the new add-on? Because that's always been the case for Paradox games prior to Crusader Kings II, each subsequent add-on requires the previous. Hearts of Iron III Their Finest Hour requires For The Motherland which requires Semper Fi which requires the original game. Not that odd when add-ons build on the last.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not seeing it? Or do you mean the new add-on? Because that's always been the case for Paradox games prior to Crusader Kings II, each subsequent add-on requires the previous. Hearts of Iron III Their Finest Hour requires For The Motherland which requires Semper Fi which requires the original game. Not that odd when add-ons build on the last.

AHD has an American Civil War Spritepack.

Varg

Banned
It really is. I sincerly hope that we'll see more games in the series on Steam.

The Water Prison track is so fucking good.

I'm lvl 42 at the moment and stuck on a boss on nightmare difficulty . Game is fantastic but makes me cry at night.

Cheddahz

Banned
Is it a bad thing that I'm not really enjoying Bioshock (the first one)? I'm just not having fun with the game...I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, it's just not my cup of tea

Wok

Is it a bad thing that I'm not really enjoying Bioshock (the first one)? I'm just not having fun with the game...I'm not saying it's a bad game or anything, it's just not my cup of tea

It is okay, I merely enjoyed the storyline and the scenery. Gameplay-wise, the game is too repetitive and too simple.

shiptoncraig

Neo Member

All I remember from it was the decent atmosphere, great beginning and hitting everything with a wrench.

Varg

Banned
Anyone know the best possible deal so far for dead island riptide? Seems that the first one is only 5 bucks with all the DLC. Anyone interested in starting a new game together?

Rapstah

If I owned Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts on a standalone DVD but have the base game and Tales of Valor on Steam, is there any way to register that standalone copy so I get it when I launch the "New Steam Version" game? Before it went Steamworks it would sort of work on good days a tenth of the time and I'd have all the expansions at the same time.

Nymerio

I had to quit because I did not like the game at all. Felt really bad too, because I thought this was supposed to be some kind of master piece. Played it last year, so maybe it just aged badly. I loved Infinite though and I was thinking of mabye giving it another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom