• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
You see, that's why Phil Fish really annoys me. If you want to have a gigantic ego and be a fucking douche then at least have something to back it up. The dude made one ok game that was barely playable on 360 and looks like a terrible port on PC. Come back when you will have something actually good.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Daily Deal is Deponia at $6.80(-66%)

Midweek Madness is Dragon Age Origins Ultimate at $7.49(-75%) and Eurotruck Simulator 2012 at $19.99(-50%)

Edit: Prices updated

DAMNIT. I just bought it over a week ago from Amazon Digital for $29.99 ($10 better than the regular Steam $39.99). Gabe, you are just toying with me as always...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
dat banner!

ipmGBdxWFrfsl.jpg

Hell yeah!

God dammit, I forgot what's that good image hosting website that I use to upload all the steam backgrounds.... fuck!

It's minus.com.. :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No Indie Humble Weekly again, and no new Indie Humble bundle... :(

Indie Gala Weekly is here to pick up the slack...

$1 minimum:
  • Nuclear Dawn (Steam)
  • Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman (Desura)

Beat the Average:
  • Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey (Desura)
  • EvilQuest (Desura)

...with games we already have and/or are not Steam redeemable.

Edit: Cognition looks good, but I don't know if it plays well. Evil Quest doesn't look half bad.

Edit2: Me, everything is on greenlight. Bought it all!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
EYE isn't a bad game and I'm sure if you dedicate yourself to becoming some kind of Robot Police Officer you could totally get some fun experiences out of it.

However, the game was not designed for biological creatures to wield with their meaty appendages.

HoosTrax

The major difference between DA:O vanilla and Ultimate, is that Ultimate includes the Awakenings expansion pack (which is significant, in terms of content). I think it also has some bits of additional DLC.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Same here in México, what's the difference between the Vanilla Version and Ultimate Edition (I can't see what's included in the Ultimate Edition)?

Ultimate Edition has DLC stuff in it (according to Steam: Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition includes Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and all nine content packs.). http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/?cc=us if you want to browse the store.

Also, for those buying the game, don't forget that Bioware gave away all the pre-order DLC for free for all versions of Dragon Age, DA: Awakening and Dragon Age II. All you have to do is register your account's email address on the site and create your in game account with that same email address:

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

It works for all the platforms as well. PC, 360 and PS3.

The major difference between DA:O vanilla and Ultimate, is that Ultimate includes the Awakenings expansion pack (which is significant, in terms of content). I think it also has some bits of additional DLC.

Ultimate Edition has DLC stuff in it (according to Steam: Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition includes Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and all nine content packs.). http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/?cc=us if you want to browse the store.

Also, for those buying the game, don't forget that Bioware gave away all the pre-order DLC for free for all versions of Dragon Age, DA: Awakening and Dragon Age II. All you have to do is register your account's email address on the site and create your in game account with that same email address:

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

It works for all the platforms as well. PC, 360 and PS3.

Thx...also there's a Digital Deluxe Edition + Awakening http://store.steampowered.com/app/47730/ at least from my Steam Client I can see a Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition

Indie Gala Weekly is here to pick up the slack...

$1 minimum:
  • Nuclear Dawn (Steam)
  • Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman (Desura)

Beat the Average:
  • Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey (Desura)
  • EvilQuest (Desura)

...with games we already have and/or are not Steam redeemable.

Edit: Cognition looks good, but I don't know if it plays well. Evil Quest doesn't look half bad.

Edit2: Me, everything is on greenlight. Bought it all!

EvilQuest is a really solid game if you're into retro NES type games.

Grid 2 up for preorder 10% off $44.95. Tier rewards also.

Base Offer :
Download the Headstart Pack and receive the stunning Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT, a RaceNet bonus and make your in-game cash go further with a 15% discount on all purchases from GRID 2’s online vehicle and upgrade store.
Tier 1 :
Everything Above, Plus:

MCLAREN RACING Pack

Download the McLaren Racing Pack to receive the stunning McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and receive two routes to race at the iconic Brands Hatch GP circuit.
Tier 2 :
Everything Above, Plus:

Free copy of GRID

The 2008 Classic Grid Full Game! Already own GRID on Steam? Gift it to a friend.
Tier 3 :
Everything Above, Plus:

IndyCar and GTR Racing Packs

Download the IndyCar Pack to receive two routes at the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway Circuit plus receive the Dallara IndyCar and Indy500 Pace Car liveries for the Chevrolet Camaro SS and Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition.

Download the GTR Racing Pack to receive the stunning Nissan GT-R SpecV and experience all five routes around the Yas Marina circuit by day.

This does not excite me to PreOrder...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice to see Codemasters holding back cars and tracks from people who don't pre-order the game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this stuff sold as DLC somewhere down the line.

Classy.

Addnan

Nice to see Codemasters holding back cars and tracks from people who don't pre-order the game. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see this stuff sold as DLC somewhere down the line.

Classy.
Pretty much why I got a refund from GMG today. Just going to wait for it to go cheap, last few codemasters games became cheap pretty quick retail UK.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There's an old proverb that goes "He who would pay for rice now when rice will be given for free shortly will probably preorder a Codemasters game."

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
People seem to like it, I have no idea why.

It's a relaxing experience, one that offers something not a lot of other games can give to people. People who want the simulator aspect of things can build a small empire of trucks and deliveries to be made while raking in the cash. People who just want to drive around on a decently large map to get from place to place while kicking back with a podcast can do that too. There's plenty of countryside and city to traverse through and the deliveries are more a means than an end.

It's really something someone needs to experience before they understand and there is a demo on steam if anyone's on the fence about it.

not sure if this would be the correct thread to post it, but here it goes. bought Awesomenauts this afternoon because of the GMG deal, with the 20% discount.
Is this game really this difficult? or i just suck? i thought this would be something like Smite, only in 2d, and i play Smite well :p

Cheddahz

Banned
Ugh, I wish I had the money to get Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I had the money before this afternoon, but I had to get gas really bad. Real life sucks sometimes

Fuck. I want to buy Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on steam but I'm only $.50(?) short. I have $7.87 in my paypal account. Paypal takes 6-8 business days to complete the process of transferring money from my bank to my paypal account (because I live in Canada). I'm aware that the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition deal goes for $7.49 while I have $7.87 in my paypal account; should be enough right? But nope, gotta pay for the tax, paypal fee, or some shit, too. I want to play Dragon Age. This suckssss.

HoosTrax

Fuck. I want to buy Dragon Age Ultimate Edition on steam but I'm only $.50(?) short. I have $7.87 in my paypal account. Paypal takes 6-8 business days to complete the process of transferring money from my bank to my paypal account (because I live in Canada). I'm aware that the Dragon Age Ultimate Edition deal goes for $7.49 while I have $7.87 in my paypal account; should be enough right? But nope, gotta pay for the tax, paypal fee, or some shit, too. I want to play Dragon Age. This suckssss.
Sell TF2 hats?

DarkFlow

Banned
So I guess Steam gave out the old pre order bonus for CoH2 because I got a copy Dawn of War II – Retribution today. Since I already have it, anyway want to trade for Euro Truck Sim 2? I liked the demo, and my dad owns a trucking company so it's fun for me.

So I guess Steam gave out the old pre order bonus for CoH2 because I got a copy Dawn of War II – Retribution today. Since I already have it, anyway want to trade for Euro Truck Sim 2? I liked the demo, and my dad owns a trucking company so it's fun for me.

So you had it and were given an extra copy?

Yeah they gave me a Steam Gift copy.

I don't understand this part really.

Why does it count the main game twice?

Does anyone have the original tier rewards for CoH 2 because I am in email tag with Steam support and am being told that no extra copy would be given to someone who already had the game.

DarkFlow

Banned
Does anyone have the original tier rewards for CoH 2 because I am in email tag with Steam support and am being told that no extra copy would be given to someone who already had the game.

It said right on tier 2 that if you already had DoW they would give you a copy to give to friend or something along them lines.

Here's a cap if you want to show them that yes, people are getting it as a gift.

Edit: found a screen cap for you.

coh2_272len.png

It said right on tier 2 that if you already had DoW they would give you a copy to give to friend or something along them lines.

Here's a cap if you want to show them that yes, people are getting it as a gift.

Edit: found a screen cap for you.

coh2_272len.png

Thank you! I just linked the picture and a Polygon article that also said it was giftable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom