• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acccent

The good people of GAF, let's get all this talk and speculation sorted out :)

I'm not fond of jumping on "thanks" bandwagons because it makes the whole thing sound a bit superficial, and since I haven't bought anything from you or even interacted with you in any way my post won't feel nearly meaningful as someone else's, but I've still heard cool things about you and the few posts where you explain your decision have all been nice, clear and considerate, so thanks at least for that.

The most important thing though is: congratulations on graduating :)

But I guess Yanis Varoufakis already knows this stuff, and trying to maintain the market at a low price point to push the sale of cards. I assume they will create a working rarity by improving the foil benefits without improving its drop ratio as a next step, when the card market calms down.

They should probably make it so that foil badges hand over more experience, that's the most obvious and quick change I could see apply.

Card value crashing? You should see the Cherry Tree High Comedy Club cards value.

Freezard

Daymn, $7.50 for Borderlands 2 is so cheap. But if I've waited this long, I might as well wait a bit longer and get GOTY. Buying all the DLC will cost me a fortune anyway (more than GOTY), and they will probably fuck me over like they did with Dead Island and the GOTY version (I had to rebuy the damn game to get the DLCs).

Smash88

Banned
Gonna miss you Dunder, hope to see your "store" open again one day when everything is all settled. But it is totally understandable why you have to go.

Have a good one, and congrats on graduating.

Fireblend

Banned

Woah Dunder, that's some serious dedication and love for the community. Thanks for the hard work, I know I didn't buy that much from you (it was a couple of games, maybe) but knowing what you were doing just to manage to sell at those prices when people were claiming you were turning a much bigger profit is really something. So, thanks.

And congrats on your graduation! I bet you'll see some good money rolling into your wallet real soon ;)
so you can spend it all on gamesGabe

Congratulations! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into doing this. I only made a small number of purchases from you but I usually have to buy multiple copies of everything so it helped me out greatly. I'm glad you'll be sticking around and good luck in your future endeavors!

Dawg

So, I got a Citadels press key and it has cards and they're listed at 0,95 cents to €2

So not only are reviewers getting free games now, they're also getting money off cards.

Where's your god now?

So, I got a Citadels press key and it has cards and they're listed at 0,95 cents to €2

So not only are reviewers getting free games now, they're also getting money off cards.

Where's your god now?

That is....interesting. Although, is there really much demand yet? I'm sure someone is crazy enough to buy them

Dawg

That is....interesting. Although, is there really much demand yet? I'm sure someone is crazy enough to buy them

I think demand is low atm, but you know... those lvl 100+ guys who only buy the cards and not the game are probably your target? I mean, there's only like 5 of each card listed atm.

Doesn't seem like a popular game or not a lot of people are having drops :p

Deques

Where's your god now?

press keys should have limited steam features :D

derExperte

Where's your god now?

Gabe is our god and we never question his wisdom. If he wants to give free money to random internet dudes who also get games for free so be it.

But you should play Citadels and tell us what you think.

Dawg

Gabe is our god and we never question his wisdom. If he wants to give free money to random internet dudes who also get games for free so be it.

But you should play Citadel and tell us what you think.

Currently downloading. It looks like Stronghold, but I have a feeling it might be mediocre.

I'd love to be wrong though, I like medieval RTS games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should know that that purdy lady featured at times in your avatar would definitely approve.

"What would Saoirse think of this?" is a question I ask myself every time I consider doing something. :p

Currently downloading. It looks like Stronghold, but I have a feeling it might be mediocre.

I'd love to be wrong though, I like medieval RTS games.

I'd happily double-dip if Knights & Merchants appeared on Steam.

Tenrius

You rock, Dunder! I've never bought anything from you, since the Steam prices are already low in my region, but I can only admire the scale of the whole operation, how smooth and well-organised it was. What's did you study, by the way?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm really glad you played and enjoyed it. I was one of the people who encouraged you to, because I also don't understand the hate it gets. The games are flawed, but AC3 is no more flawed than the others, and for those of us who keep loving them, I don't mind the rough edges. AC4 looks fantastic IMO.

Yeah, I am super pumped for AC4. I'll probably day 1 it because I'm not even slightly worn out after AC3.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My god, that game brings back memories :eek:

It's still as enjoyable as I remembered it to be way back when. KaM Remake fixes many niggling issues with the game, such as multiple units exiting the castle resetting the chosen group formation (any late arrivals are instead automatically added to it).

Dawg

It's still as enjoyable as I remembered it to be way back when. KaM Remake fixes many niggling issues with the game, such as multiple units exiting the castle resetting the chosen group formation (any late arrivals are instead automatically added to it).

I'll definitely try it one of these days. It's a shame medieval games are so few and most of them are RTS though.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the exception and I wish there were more games like it, but maybe bigger and with bigger production values. I'm still waiting for a singleplayer first/third person game set in the medieval era with a historically accurate story, although they could change a few things here and there.

I mean, there are games that feel like this... but there's always demons and dragons :/ I'd just like to play a knight during the crusades or something :(

cicero

At last I wanna thank you all amazing gaffers for the support and love you've been showing, it's almost heartbreaking shutting my shop after all this.
I hope this clear everything up now and see you around here in the real forums! :)

Cheers
Thank you again for what you have done for your fellow GAFers. I only wish I had known about you earlier. You made this Summer Sale a brilliant one for me, I was able to save enough money so as to be able to gift almost as much as I bought for myself. It has truly been a pleasure, and I hope that things work out and you find a good job soon!

Tenrius

So, which one is better:

fireshotscreencapture7auqy.png

fireshotscreencapturevvuro.png

fireshotscreencapture4vuuj.png

I just love space-themed backgrounds and they go very well with my Kepler avatar.

Tenrius

Yup, but I don't know. Buying a background seems to me like reaching a new low, like buying a ringtone in the early 2000s. :D

It's only a small fraction of even the lowest card prices, you can sell a card, buy the background for that money and don't even feel the difference.

DukeBobby

So, I started Assassin's Creed 3 last night, and I've played for about 4 hours.

It's as dull and tedious as the other games. I don't even know why I still bother with this series.

It's as dull and tedious as the other games. I don't even know why I still bother with this series.

Pretty much. Actually playing the game feels like a chore, and it's even worse on console because the few bits that seem like the would/should be mildly cool are ruined by the frame rate.

DukeBobby

Pretty much. Actually playing the game feels like a chore, and it's even worse on console because the few bits that seem like the would/should be mildly cool are ruined by the frame rate.

The only reason I'm still playing is because I like Haytham. He's far better than any previous AC protagonist. When I start playing as Connor, I'll probably just give up entirely.

The series had such great potential and I can almost picture how awesome it could be. So I keep playing in the hopes that ubi can redeem themselves.

Probably why people watch reality TV. Keep watching hoping it gets better. It's terrible but you're so invested after a point, might as well see how this train wreck ends.

Megasoum

Banned

Well you're still in the tutorial, it almost gets better once you're out of the Tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom