• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

liezryou

anyone know if there's any reason i shouldn't uninstall human revolution if i still plan to play missing link some time? it's standalone right, wouldn't require the original game's files?

going on a bit of an uninstallin' spree, always feels good

It's standalone, uninstall safely.

Deques

i'm aware you need to own human revolution, but i just meant standalone in the sense of can i run it without hr installed. but yeah seems it doesn't need the original's files and launches separately, that works for me. uninstalled.

The "DLC" is quite big. I believe you don't need the base game for it to run.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
i'm aware you need to own human revolution, but i just meant standalone in the sense of can i run it without hr installed. but yeah seems it doesn't need the original's files and launches separately, that works for me. uninstalled.

I know what you were asking. What I meant is that, since it's DLC and not a standalone release, uninstalling Human Revolution but leaving The Missing Link installed doesn't actually delete any data. If you check the folder in steamapps you'll see it's still ~8.28GB.

Edit: I think Steam may have stubbed its toe on something. I just uninstalled TML yet HR's installation folder is still sitting in steamapps despite neither being installed.

eyeless

I know what you were asking. What I meant is that, since it's DLC and not a standalone release, uninstalling Human Revolution but leaving The Missing Link installed doesn't actually delete any data. If you check the folder in steamapps you'll see it's still ~8.28GB.
actually for me it looks like it did delete the base game data, my human revolution folder is gone, i just have a "dxhrml" folder that's 1.95 gigs

Jimrpg

is anyone else having a problem with steam at the moment?

I tried to update kerbal space program but it wouldn't update so i thought there was something wrong with it... so i stupidly deleted the game....

then i tried downloading peggle and realised that didn't download too

basically cant install anything at the moment...

JaseC

is anyone else having a problem with steam at the moment?

I tried to update kerbal space program but it wouldn't update so i thought there was something wrong with it... so i stupidly deleted the game....

then i tried downloading peggle and realised that didn't download too

Are you sure the HDD isn't full?

Edit: If it's an issue of the download stalling, you can try switching content servers. I've noticed on the odd occasion Steam's download speed gradually slowing to a crawl, but switching servers always kicked it back into gear.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Are the latest official Nvidia drivers safe to install? I'm having a few graphical errors with Bioshock Infinite and I'm hoping a driver update will resolve it.

eyeless

speaking of uninstalling games it sucks they announced the scorchers dlc like a week and a half after i beat and uninstalled rage, who the hell would have thought they were going to announce dlc a year later for fucking rage. it'll take about 50 minutes to download the 25 gigs but still, annoys me on principle that i'll have to redownload it when i want to play the dlc

I was hoping for some movement that never occurred during the sale and figured I may as well grab it now. Of course it is now more desirable than ever now that I cannot have it.

Salsa

oh, worth mentioning: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is a 2K game, that means it's $35 in South America instead of $45.

feel free to send me a pm if you wanna get it cheaper. Did it for some with Bioshock Infinite back when it came out. Paypal fees to other regions can be a hassle but $36-$37 should cover it? last time the gift thing didnt work here cause we don't have the option, but maybe it changed, idk, we'll try

bottom line: it's cheaper here

I was hoping for some movement that never occurred during the sale and figured I may as well grab it now. Of course it is now more desirable than ever now that I cannot have it.

Mok, well looks like it is still available in Australia for $9.95. If you want to get it I could help you out.

In before "But Dunder has it for cheaper"
But good on you for doing that. I'll be waiting for many a review though given its history.

Jimrpg

Are you sure the HDD isn't full?

Edit: If it's an issue of the download stalling, you can try switching content servers. I've noticed on the odd occasion Steam's download speed gradually slowing to a crawl, but switching servers always kicked it back into gear.

Thanks ill give that a go when I get home. Just popped out for now. It basically stops at the part where it says "preparing game files for installation". Seems steam is working for everyone though.

Salsa

In before "But Dunder has it for cheaper"

yeah but I aint selling it for a profit/making money off it

emot-iceburn.gif

in all seriousness I think dunder closed shop? not sure

liezryou

oh, worth mentioning: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified is a 2K game, that means it's $35 in South America instead of $45.

feel free to send me a pm if you wanna get it cheaper. Did it for some with Bioshock Infinite back when it came out. Paypal fees to other regions can be a hassle but $36-$37 should cover it? last time the gift thing didnt work here cause we don't have the option, but maybe it changed, idk, we'll try

Even cheaper in russia, but region locked :(. Anyway i'll wait, paying that much for a game that could be just another duke nukem forever in waiting seems stupid.

yeah but I aint selling it for a profit/making money off it

emot-iceburn.gif

Above statement relevant, dunder will not sell this game because of region locked.

The_Monk

I believe so fellow GAFfer, he made a post in here. It's a shame because there was a lot of GAFfers doing business with him but I guess those positive feedbacks were the final straw since he did not had the time to update it constantly. Oh well.

Also, good morning, y'all.

Best part about buying cheap dollar games if you live in the EU...

...they get extra cheap because a dollar is even less in euro

:D

Dawg is back! Welcome back fellow GAFfer.

Dawg

Best part about buying cheap dollar games if you live in the EU...

...they get extra cheap because a dollar is even less in euro

:D

JaseC

the CIS version at least does seem to have a different id (29405), whereas the one here seems to be the same as the US (29404)

BioInf was the same but it's listed as a worldwide (i.e. rest-of-world) pre-purchase in my subscription history. I don't know where he sources his games but they're not the RU/CIS-specific versions publishers so often like to offer.

The_Monk

The upcoming sales are Haloween, Autumn, Winter. Did I miss something? Also, any hint on the dates or can we check last year's dates fellow GAFfers?

Thanks in advance.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Awesomenauts is awesome. I'm generally not the multi-player type, but this is an exception. A steal for that price. :)

Salsa

BioInf was the same but it's listed as a worldwide (i.e. rest-of-world) pre-purchase in my subscription history.

thats interesting

in my experience I just know that having the same id number means you get the exact same game. Both in terms of regional availability and DLC and whatnot. Maybe it still registers something different when the purchase goes through.

The upcoming sales are Haloween, Autumn, Winter. Did I miss something? Also, any hint on the dates or can we check last year's dates fellow GAFfers?

Thanks in advance.

Probably something like:

2011 - Jun 30 - Jul 11 - Summer Camp Sale
2011 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2011 - Nov 23 - Nov 27 - Autumn Sale
2011 - Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Holiday Sale

2012 - Jul 12 - Jul 23 - Summer Sale
2012 - Oct 27 - Oct 31 - Halloween Sale
2012 - Nov 21 - Nov 26 Autumn Sale
2012 - Dec 20 - Jan 5 - Holiday Sale

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm shadowruns for now is pretty cool but really the no-saving thing is terrible

like I wanna go to sleep and I can't because I gotta get to the who-knows-when next checkpoint

Addnan

Wanted to get the Cartel to pad the library, but paypal doesn't want me to buy it. "Unfortunately, this transaction has been declined after we found a risk associated with your payment. We are therefore not able to complete this particular transaction." Then why did you put a hold on my money!

Would have been £1.59.

liezryou

BioInf was the same but it's listed as a worldwide (i.e. rest-of-world) pre-purchase in my subscription history. I don't know where he sources his games but they're not the RU/CIS-specific versions publishers so often like to offer.

I can tell you for a fact that his source is RU/CIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom