• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

If it's Bioshock anything it's going to be a mediocre game that should have instead been used to create System Shock 3

omg so brave

KYQnH4Y.gif

Grief.exe

Let me know if these huge images are a bit obnoxious, but people were showing interest in this earlier.

Making some custom covers for a physical collection. How do these look? I need some feedback and criticism.

Some of these aren't finished, specifically KOTOR I, KOTOR II, and Morrowind.

At this point, and considering circumstances, I'm not even sure who I'd trust with the task of creating System Shock 3.

I'd trust EA. After all they have treated the resurrection of the Ultima franchise with such respect that-

System Shock should stay dead. I'd also accept some talented Indie guys spending 5 years of their life developing it just for the love it without realising how much money they are blowing on the project until it is way too late.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd trust EA. After all they have treated the resurrection of the Ultima franchise with such respect that-

System Shock should stay dead. I'd also accept some talented Indie guys spending 5 years of their life developing it just for the love it without realising how much money they are blowing on the project until it is way too late.

I don't see it being resurrected; I assume NDS had to agree to some disagreeable terms to ensure Shock 2's re-release, hoping that being the saviour of the internet would later down the road engender interest in its own endeavours. This would also explain why the original game didn't resurface alongside it.

Grief.exe

Like the bottom Kotor one and SS2 especially.

The KOTOR II one is probably my favorite. That image is amazing.

Its unfortunate because I really have to stretch it out in order to fit the box.

The largest image I could find of that picture is 1200 pixels tall, the DVD insert is 2164 pixels tall.

"Physical" collection? What's that?

When you own classic consoles and have all these awesome games lined up next to each other, but you feel a huge void for where your PC games should be.

I don't see it being resurrected; I assume NDS had to agree to some disagreeable terms to ensure Shock 2's re-release, hoping that being the saviour of the internet would later down the road engender interest in its own endeavours. This would also explain why the original game didn't resurface alongside it.

Probably right.

Maybe Dead Space 4 will scratch the same itch and it will be a non-issue.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Arkane is owned by ZeniMax/overseen by Bethesda, so it's out.

The franchise is essentially dead outside of Ken Levine making farcical associations between it and Bioshock. So it shouldn't be that expensive to license or outright by the rights.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The franchise is essentially dead outside of Ken Levine making farcical associations between it and Bioshock. So it shouldn't be that expensive to license or outright by the rights.

Oh, my issue is that I don't trust Bethesda not to impose upon the game's design.

Doug Church and his theoretical team of talented developers at Valve. They certainly have the resources.

Valve can't count to 3, though. :p

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The rumor is that Arkane is working on Prey 2 under the direction to treat it "like a new System Shock" game.

Kotaku

Edit: There was a thread about it, that's where I read this originally. Hurr.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The rumor is that Arkane is working on Prey 2 under the direction to treat it "like a new System Shock" game.

Kotaku

Edit: There was a thread about it, that's where I read this originally. Hurr.

I really can't wait for a developer interview with former Human Head/Obsidian developers on what the game was under their different directions.

Goddammit!

What happened to the Puppy Games bundle? There was still 30+ hours on the count down timer! ...I still had time!

AAAAAGGGHGHH!

What excactly are the RPG elements in stalker? It looks like a shooter to me when watching the screens/videos. Is it like fallout 3 or NV where you can level up and select perks or something?

Card Boy

Banned
What excactly are the RPG elements in stalker? It looks like a shooter to me when watching the screens/videos. Is it like fallout 3 or NV where you can level up and select perks or something?

No level ups or perks.

Just side quests, open world, loot, trading, interacting with NPCs and crafting. Not really an RPG in the traditional sense your expecting.

No level ups or perks.

Just side quests, open world, loot, trading, interacting with NPCs and crafting. Not really an RPG in the traditional sense your expecting.

Ah thanks. Sounds nice, I didn't know it was an open world game with side quests. Bought the first one yesterday and it sounds great.

He's playing the tourist in Montreal right now, so it might take some time.

We allow him free time with which he may do as he pleases? :eek: :/

Let me know if these huge images are a bit obnoxious, but people were showing interest in this earlier.

Making some custom covers for a physical collection. How do these look? I need some feedback and criticism.

Some of these aren't finished, specifically KOTOR II, KOTOR II, and Morrowind.

Nice work but I would place the Steam logo at the base of the spine rather than at the top.

Xanathus

Ah thanks. Sounds nice, I didn't know it was an open world game with side quests. Bought the first one yesterday and it sounds great.

Eh the first one isn't really an open-world in the conventional sense. It's akin to Crysis 1 where you have a large open area but you still need to visit specific areas in a linear order. The third game, Call of Pripyat is the more open-world one where there are a bunch of completely optional areas to explore for loot.

Wok

I have just made 5,50€ by selling a Dota 2 chest. More info here.

I can now buy more cards and craft more badges.

Grief.exe

Guys I need help with ideas for a Deus Ex case.

I need some kind of high resolution image for the cover.

I found a couple things, but they are not large enough and I think there could be better.

Nice work but I would place the Steam logo at the base of the spine rather than at the top.

I'm just conforming to standard practice.

With cases, the platform logo always goes at the top of the spine, and the top left on the front. I am foregoing any symbol on the front in favor of a more minimalist look.

The collection would kind of look strange next to my classic games if I didn't have the symbol there.

This will be posted in the Halo Triology OT constantly.

The_Monk

Morning y'all fellow GAFfers, this page is full of known faces, nice. Anyone else bought Shadowrun since yesterday? I hope so.

Woke up to a nice thing in inventory, going to see what did Gaben sent me.

SHarris78

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl any good? Its only £2.49 at the moment and I wouldn't mind a new creepy FPS.

Broke my main PCI-E slot in my motherboard a week ago and have been playing with my graphics card in the second PCI-E slot. Couldn't work out why my frame rate was so bad in games......turns out the second slot only runs at a max of x4 not x16......plus it was set to 2x by default!!!

New motherboard just arrived, so looking forward to getting stuck in to some of the games bought in the Steam summer sale.

Grief.exe

Morning y'all fellow GAFfers, this page is full of known faces, nice. Anyone else bought Shadowrun since yesterday? I hope so.

Woke up to a nice thing in inventory, going to see what did Gaben sent me.

Morning Monk! What did you get?

I didn't pick up Shadowrun :(

I'm headed off to bed, I will talk to you later.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl any good? Its only £2.49 at the moment and I wouldn't mind a new creepy FPS.

Broke my main PCI-E slot in my motherboard a week ago and have been playing with my graphics card in the second PCI-E slot. Couldn't work out why my frame rate was so bad in games......turns out the second slot only runs at a max of x4 not x16......plus it was set to 2x by default!!!

New motherboard just arrived, so looking forward to getting stuck in to some of the games bought in the Steam summer sale.

Ya you have to pay attention to the lane bandwidth when purchasing motherboards.

And Stalker: SoC is considered to be an amazing game. Grab Complete mod for your first play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom