• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
omg

iGrRbVUMx40KH.PNG

success.gif

i6IOj94CKeGpS.PNG

tumblr_lnxcxgUNHt1qltxkuo1_400.gif

first ever, after hundreds and hundreds of drops. If the percentage chance is the same across games then this is some BULLSHIT

If I ever manage again to sell a foil for north of $5, I'll be ecstatic.

Sounds stupid but I just realized it is not called Metro Last Night. I swear I have looked at that title over a hundred times and own the game and just realized that is not the name.

I'm not the only one either since I often see that written as the name.

It's disappointing to see how far the card market has fallen since it's inception, but at the same time it's still pretty awesome that you can make money of off literally nothing. When I sold my Metro foil for $2, it was just kind of like... this is crazy.

senahorse

Sounds stupid but I just realized it is not called Metro Last Night. I swear I have looked at that title over a hundred times and own the game and just realized that is not the name.

I'm not the only one either since I often see that written as the name.

+1 for me, not sure where it came from but I thought last night as well until recently.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Figured I'd ask this in here,

I have a PC and a Macbook Air, I have dual monitors, and I have one set of speakers.

I'm trying to get the sound of the MBA and the PC to come out of the same set of speakers.

I have the MBA connected via hdmi to my 2nd monitor.
The PC is connected via hdmi to a tv(disabled most of the time), dvi to the second monitor, and vga to the first monitor. I run the mac on the 2nd monitor, and the pc on the first, but have the pc setup to be dual screened when i change the 2nd monitors input

I have an aux cord going from the pc sound card to the first monitor input, and the speakers coming out of the output. By itself, this works fine.

When i try and "branch" the pc sound from the 1st monitor's output to the 2nd monitor's input, and the 2nd monitor has the speakers plugged in, the PC sound works fine, but I lose my sound for the MBA

The monitors are the same brand and have internal speakers, both turned off.

I tried a y adapter, it doesnt work because the sound for the mba is going through hdmi to the monitor
Basically I want to be able to play sound off my mac while playing games on the pc, through the same set of speakers. Is this asking too much?

Any ideas? I feel like I'm over looking something with this.

..wait. Do you mean LCD/LED monitors or studio monitors (speakers). How is your setup connected again?

mrgone

omg

iGrRbVUMx40KH.PNG

success.gif

i6IOj94CKeGpS.PNG

first ever, after hundreds and hundreds of drops. If the percentage chance is the same across games then this is some BULLSHIT

So you're saying that the market for SPAZ cards has sunk like a horse in a swamp?

(Oh man, that scene completely wrecked me as a child)

I got a Defense Grid foil a few days ago, it's worth $0.69 and dropping. I remember when I could sell my Borderlands 2 standard cards for twice that.

omg

iGrRbVUMx40KH.PNG

success.gif

i6IOj94CKeGpS.PNG

Are you complaining about the price? The offer for foils is real thin. "Starting at" is not likely to mean much.

And heck, you should always always place a few cents above the starting at price for regular cards.

Deques

Seems like my account got after all restricted, I can't buy nor sell items in the market until 20th August

I haven't used that money at all
zEtJnng.png

I have sent a question to the support again

Steam Support has replied my question:
Steam Support said:
Your account's password has been recently reset.

For security purposes, resetting a Steam account's password will prevent trading for a limited period of time. If the account has been accessed regularly this cooldown will last for 5 days. If the account has not been accessed for two months before the reset was performed, the trading cooldown will last for 30 days.

*Currently, there is an issue where 30 day trading blocks are showing as a 5 day cooldown when you attempt to trade. This will be resolved in a future update. A 30 day cooldown will not end early regardless of the error message that is presented.

Steam Support cannot modify these automated trading cooldowns.

An answer that is completely unrelated to my issue but yet still answers my question. I assume that the cooldown also applies to funds added by Russians too

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you complaining about the price? The offer for foils is real thin. "Starting at" is not likely to mean much.

And heck, you should always always place a few cents above the starting at price for regular cards.
I always set it to one cent less than the starting price. probably not the best of ideas but I move way too many cards to bother with each and every one and by doing this I get quick results and free games fast

jediyoshi

ouch. i'm at about 6-7 foils and 250ish drops in
blessed be gabe

I always set it to one cent less than the starting price. probably not the best of ideas but I move way too many cards to bother with each and every one and by doing this I get quick results and free games fast

nothing wrong with that, it's essentially paying a cent to ensure it'll get sold sooner rather than later. my rule of thumb is if the first half of the cheapest page of results has the same price, i'll undercut. if the cheapest price only has 4-5 listings, i'll stick with it.

Can someone start up Strike Force Zero and tell me how much memory the launcher uses for your CPU?

I have an I53570K and it's taking up 33% which seems a bit much given it's a launcher.

Also: Boooo at the Summer Card price crash.

Sajjaja

Well.... I just finished Gemini Rue. Holy crap that was a great time. I wrote a recommendation and I thought I'd share it with you all. Tried to be vague as to not spoil anything.

A noire sci-fi thriller point-n-click which asks the question; what makes us who we are? Our memories? Our environment? Our friends?

Assassin turned cop, Azriel Odin, seeks to find out what happened to his brother in New Pittsburgh after the Gemini War.

Delta-Six wakes up in a mysterious facility alongside other patients. Having no recollection of his past or his identity, he must find out why he is in this facility and how he can escape.

The player can take control of both characters at anytime (except for the beginning) until he is finished that "chapter," if you will, only to switch back to the other character to complete their "chapter."

The puzzles can be difficult, but never tedious. A few may be frustrating or rely on small items within the environment, but still very doable if you pay attention to detail.

This roughly 8-9 hour game starts slow, but when it picks up, it picks up hard and fast. A definite must play for anyone seeking a great story and/or a noire/sci fi game. 9/10

I definitely recommend anyone wanting to play a point-n-click play this. The mechanics are solid and modernized providing you with a smooth and relatively intuitive gameplay experience.

Thorgal

Might be a weird question but just asking this for the future.

when the time comes that i get myself a new pc (not for several years,atleast) all i have to do to get my steamaccount + games back is log in on the steam site and input the security code they sent me by email and then install the client and im set ,right ?

maneil99

when the time comes that i get myself a new pc (not for several years,atleast) all i have to do to get my steamaccount + games back is log in on the steam site and input the security code they sent me by email and then install the client and im set ,right ?

You'll download the client then log in and put the code in but yes, thats all.

you log into steam and input the security code after installing the client though

and yes that's basically it

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Can someone start up Strike Force Zero and tell me how much memory the launcher uses for your CPU?

I have an I53570K and it's taking up 33% which seems a bit much given it's a launcher.

Also: Boooo at the Summer Card price crash.

CPU: 25
Average CPU: 25ish

CPU Usage is bouncing around between 25% and 33%.

I have a I5 760.

Well.... I just finished Gemini Rue. Holy crap that was a great time. I wrote a recommendation and I thought I'd share it with you all. Tried to be vague as to not spoil anything.

I definitely recommend anyone wanting to play a point-n-click play this. The mechanics are solid and modernized providing you with a smooth and relatively intuitive gameplay experience.
It lost me about half way through, and some of the voice acting was a little hokey "hey chaaaarlie" but I did enjoy it. I got the Blackwell games from Wadjeteye also. However they haven't sunk into me either. I like the characters but I guess I just have to be in the mood for this type of game.

JaseC

If your current Steam installation is on a drive that you won't be carrying over to your next PC, you can save yourself having to re-download your games by backing up the steamapps folder. I'd also recommended backing up the userdata folder as this contains your custom categories, non-Steam shortcuts, favourite server listings, screenshots and offline copies of Steam Cloud saves (and on that note, Gamesave Manager is also handy).

Sajjaja

It lost me about half way through, and some of the voice acting was a little hokey "hey chaaaarlie" but I did enjoy it. I got the Blackwell games from Wadjeteye also. However they haven't sunk into me either. I like the characters but I guess I just have to be in the mood for this type of game.

I haven't played many point-n-clicks. This is probably the only one I've finished actually. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a refreshing experience. And yeah, the VA did get a little spotty at times, but I didn't mind it at all.

Don't think I'll be picking up the Blackwell games anytime soon as I have another point-n-click to get through called The Whispered World. It looks beautifully hand drawn.

denx

So people, what are your rules of thumb to sell cards on the market? I got access to the market yesterday and I've been able to sell 20+ cards, (made some 4+ dollars) but I wonder how can I sell cards faster without driving the prices of cards down (prices should hopefully go up).

I'm asking this because I really want to buy the Puppygames Ultrabundle but I blew my budget on the STALKER games, and right now I'm a dollar and 20 cents away from being able to afford the bundle but money seems to be moving so sloooooow...

EDIT: just one dollar away now. Just sold a card for .24 cents.

maneil99

So people, what are your rules of thumb to sell cards on the market? I got access to the market yesterday and I've been able to sell 20+ cards, (made some 4+ dollars) but I wonder how can I sell cards faster without driving the prices of cards down (prices should hopefully go up).

I'm asking this because I really want to buy the Puppygames Ultrabundle but I blew my budget on the STALKER games, and right now I'm a dollar and 20 cents away from being able to afford the bundle but money seems to be moving so sloooooow...

If your selfish price them 1cent below average

Some cards just sell faster than others based on ther popularity. Generally, if you want to sell relatively fast:

1-3 cards on the market at the same lowest value: price it at that
more: price it 1c lower

If you want to sell cards which generally don't sell well fast, you might to have to set the price 3-5c lower

EDIT: Some cards from new games with low quantities can fluctuate +-10 cents over a day, so if you want to maximize profits rather than speed, you might want to look out for that

JaseC

Sell as soon as possible and don't undercut as you're just participating in the race to the bottom. If you don't need money in a hurry and the cards are popular, you can typically get away with pricing your offerings slightly above the cheapest available.

I haven't played many point-n-clicks. This is probably the only one I've finished actually. I really enjoyed it and thought it was a refreshing experience. And yeah, the VA did get a little spotty at times, but I didn't mind it at all.

Don't think I'll be picking up the Blackwell games anytime soon as I have another point-n-click to get through called The Whispered World. It looks beautifully hand drawn.
Broken Sword 1, 2 and potentially 2.5 might be worth a look.

Thorgal

You'll download the client then log in and put the code in but yes, thats all.

you log into steam and input the security code after installing the client though

and yes that's basically it

Thanks guys .
If your current Steam installation is on a drive that you won't be carrying over to your next PC, you can save yourself having to re-download your games by backing up the steamapps folder. I'd also recommended backing up the userdata folder as this contains your custom categories, non-Steam shortcuts, favourite server listings, screenshots and offline copies of Steam Cloud saves (and on that note, Gamesave Manager is also handy).

if still servicable , i think il put the old drive into the new pc but thats a bridge we will cross when we get there.

But thank you for the tip.

Sell as soon as possible and don't undercut as you're just participating in the race to the bottom. If you don't need money in a hurry and the cards are popular, you can typically get away with pricing your offerings slightly above the cheapest available.
I always price to be on the first page but rarely cheapest. I haven't bought any cheap undercutting cards to raise the value yet. But I've seen other people doing it and it is clearly working if you want to risk a couple bucks temporarily.

denx

Thanks for the advice guys. I've been pricing my cards slightly above the minimum price in most cases. In other cases my cards have ended up being .10 cents higher than the minimum because of some ridiculous price undercutting (it seems obvious that The Cyborg Midwives card won't sell anytime soon :(

I'll revise the price of some cards, but it seems that overall I've been doing well so far. Since my last post I actually sold 4 cards in a row. :D

EDIT: HOLY SHIT I GOT MY FIRST FOIL AND IT'S SELLING AT 4 DOLLARS.

Hopefully there's some market for this thing.

You just reminded, I actually finished Broken Sword 1. That was good too. I have Broken Sword 3 but I haven't played it. How is that?
I didn't bother playing the 3D iterations as soon as I heard there were block pushing puzzles. I don't think it was well received which is what led to 2.5 being made as a fan game. 2 however is great, it has a bit more of a fruity colour palette with you visiting South America and the Caribbean. Some of the characters are quite good.
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been pricing my cards slightly above the minimum price in most cases. In other cases my cards have ended up being .10 cents higher than the minimum because of some ridiculous price undercutting (it seems obvious that The Cyborg Midwives card won't sell anytime soon :(

I'll revise the price of some cards, but it seems that overall I've been doing well so far. Since my last post I actually sold 4 cards in a row. :D
I would say the only time that you want to definitely undercut is if a game has just released cards. The prices are highly inflated for the first few hours then drop off like a rock. I was a bit stubborn with Hotline Miami cards and tried to wait it out at 50 cents.. by the time I realised my mistake they were worth 20-30 cents.

Give me a shout if you can make use of any of these...

10% OFF Toki Tori 2+
10% OFF Toki Tori 2+
25% OFF Dungeon Hearts
33% OFF Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
50% OFF Strike Suit Infinity
50% OFF Triple Town
50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
66% OFF Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
75% OFF Hamilton's Great Adventure
75% OFF Serious Sam 2
90% OFF Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

catabarez

Give me a shout if you can make use of any of these...

10% OFF Toki Tori 2+
10% OFF Toki Tori 2+
25% OFF Dungeon Hearts
33% OFF Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten
50% OFF Triple Town
50% OFF Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
66% OFF Gettysburg: Armored Warfare
75% OFF Hamilton's Great Adventure
75% OFF Serious Sam 2
90% OFF Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter

Is that Gettysburg game any good? :p

Mairu

Similar, coupons for whoever wants:

-10% Toki Tori 2
-10% Toki Tori 2
-10% Toki Tori 2
-25% Zeno Clash 2
-33% Tropico 4
-50% Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
-50% Garry's Mod
-50% Garry's Mod
-90% Serious Sam 2

Gvaz

Banned
I doubt it'll be great, but I also doubt it'll be 'laughably terrible'. It's the Bioshock 2 team, they know how to make competent games.

If it's Bioshock anything it's going to be a mediocre game that should have instead been used to create System Shock 3

JaseC

At this point, and considering circumstances, I'm not even sure who I'd trust with the task of creating System Shock 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom