• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When was the future of Halo 2 MP going to be announced?

Nothing has been said of it since the tweet stating that MP support would be extended through June. On the Gamescom website, both Microsoft UK and Microsoft Germany have listed the PC listed among their commodity groups, so optimistically we may get some news next month.

zkylon

zkylewd
The rumor is that Arkane is working on Prey 2 under the direction to treat it "like a new System Shock" game.

Kotaku

Edit: There was a thread about it, that's where I read this originally. Hurr.
I wonder why they had to scratch their latest iteration of prey 2

the videos made it look amazing

the dishonored devs (forgot the name of the company) seem like a perfect fit, anyways

Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl

Yay or Nay?
bitch please

JaseC

GameFly has apparently corrected its Teleglitch price (now $13; was $10). You snooze, you lose. :p

fantomena

Gotta use that sweet grid view.

images

The_Monk

Just a quick question for those fellow GAFfers that enjoy crafting a badge every now and then.

Right we only get coupons, right? I might stop crafting them and start doing it again next sale hoping we get some cards for each badge. I had my fund during the Summer Sale but right now I feel it's not fun. I liked getting a new card each badge I made but now I only get a bad coupon...

JaseC

Just a quick question for those fellow GAFfers that enjoy crafting a badge every now and then.

Right we only get coupons, right? I might stop crafting them and start doing it again next sale hoping we get some cards for each badge. I had my fund during the Summer Sale but right now I feel it's not fun. I liked getting a new card each badge I made but now I only get a bad coupon...

In addition to the usual bonus items, yes.

The_Monk

In addition to the usual bonus items, yes.

Ah yes, one emotion and one Background. The background can be interesting but I really don't fancy the emotions.

I Hope they can repeat what they did this summer since I'm about the fun, not the profit. Halloween Sale is the best for Point & Click adventure in my opinion, so here's hoping for some great deals.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
omg so brave
[/IMG]

We get it Salsa, you prefer mediocre games over masterpieces so long as the former has better graphics.

Join us...Salsa. We have cake and beer. (cake maybe low-rez pentagon shaped instead of an actual circle shaped one.)

I still like you.
I wonder why they had to scratch their latest iteration of prey 2

the videos made it look amazing

the dishonored devs (forgot the name of the company) seem like a perfect fit, anyways

Apparently, Bethesda wanted to purchase Human Head (the previous developers) and make them a owned subsidiary instead of independent contractors. So they tried to push them to financial bankruptcy by continuously moving the game development deadlines; thereby forcing HH into a buyout to survive. Thankfully, it didn't work out in Bethesda's favor. It's unknown what the licensing agreement was, but at this point it's apparently prudent for Bethesda to start over than re-purpose what was already completed. Especially since, even if Bethesda has the rights to the completed work, HH isn't inclined to document the ins and outs of their game for Bethesda.

The_Monk

While I know it's already on GOG for PC & Mac I would really love if they put Theme Hospital on Steam. Such great nostalgia from this game.

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Any fellow GAFfer played this back in the day?

While I know it's already on GOG for PC & Mac I would really love if they put Theme Hospital on Steam. Such great nostalgia from this game.

http://i.imgur.com/PPyhKN7l.jpg[IMG]

Any fellow GAFfer played this back in the day?[/QUOTE]

To death. I even sat next to my wife while she played it and helped her out with placement of rooms etc. Theme Hospital and Dungeon Keeper were what first got me into PC gaming. Such a shame Bullfrog went down so quickly after EA bought them out and Molyneux left.

JaseC

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Bloated Head Syndrome!

It'd be nice if more publishers made an effort to put games on Steam following the end of GOG's exclusivity period.

The_Monk

Bloated Head Syndrome!

It'd be nice if more publishers made an effort to put games on Steam following the end of GOG's exclusivity period.

That Syndrome freaks me out, haha.

How hard it is to reach them or negotiate for them to release older titles on different platforms? Not too long ago they released all the Tomb Raider Games so this is why I hope some older games to appear on Steam. Same with the Fallout titles (but these I don't have them, only one and it's on gog).

Some games are not even available on gog such Dune 2000 which I enjoyed back in the day. I saw they have some sort of "Petition" for "Release this game, please!" in there.

JaseC

That Syndrome freaks me out, haha.

How hard it is to reach them or negotiate for them to release older titles on different platforms? Not too long ago they released all the Tomb Raider Games so this is why I hope some older games to appear on Steam. Same with the Fallout titles (but these I don't have them, only one and it's on gog).

Some games are not even available on gog such Dune 2000 which I enjoyed back in the day. I saw they have some sort of "Petition" for "Release this game, please!" in there.

You can try e-mailing their general enquiries addresses but you're unlikely to get a meaningful response (or one at all) due to how most companies are structured (with support staff being firmly at the bottom). For example, I e-mailed Quantic Dream about re-releasing Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit on Steam seeing as the company self-publishes the game on GOG, but never received a reply; similarly, Grief (IIRC) fired off a tweet and just got a rather useless response stating that the game is available on GOG.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
everyone's thinking the same thing, keeping cards, not selling them, thus price stays the same

hurr

Damn it, supply and demand!

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Yep, played it before and loved it, and bought it again for GoG.

All I need now is SimGolf.

The_Monk

You can try e-mailing their general enquiries addresses but you're unlikely to get a meaningful response (or one at all) due to how most companies are structured (with support staff being firmly at the bottom). For example, I e-mailed Quantic Dream about re-releasing Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit on Steam seeing as the company self-publishes the game on GOG, but never received a reply; similarly, Grief (IIRC) fired off a tweet and just got a rather useless response stating that the game is available on GOG.

I've had my luck getting some answers from the Industry so I will just need a bit of time to write a letter and then I need to find the proper or most efficient way. Fahrenheit was such a great game too, I see you have great tastes fellow GAFfer!

Either way, thank you for taking your time to answer these questions. :)

JaseC

I've had my luck getting some answers from the Industry so I will just need a bit of time to write a letter and then I need to find the proper or most efficient way. Fahrenheit was such a great game too, I see you have great tastes fellow GAFfer!

Either way, thank you for taking your time to answer these questions. :)

Ideally, Valve itself would reach out to publishers on GOG and express an interest in also distributing their respective back catalogues, but alas.

JaseC

Ah, thanks. It's just a plus sign in the default skin. But even then, I missed it.

Much nicer.

The only issue is that Steam may occasionally delete the icon cache and so you have to scroll through your library to get them again, which can feel like a chore if you have a lot of games... though having said that it's been quite a long while since I've had to do it myself.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Walking Dead episode 3 spoilers.

Lilly just shot Carley. SHIT. I'm sitting here mouth agape. Didn't even have time to recover and Duck is bitten

This fucking game......... I didn't think I'd get so into this but I feel like in a rollercoaster with some of the things that happen in these episodes, I never felt this tense when someone gets attacked in a game before.

chugen

modbot is working again?

The Walking Dead episode 3 spoilers.

Lily just shot Carly.
SHIT. I'm sitting here mouth agape. Didn't even have time to recover and
Duck is bitten

This fucking game......... I did't think I'd get so into this but I feel like in a rollercoaster with some of the things that happen in these episodes. Never felt this tense when someone gets attacked in a game before.

when lily did that
i was really shocked.. i don't remember the last time something did that to me, that fucking game is fantastic

That's not too bad. I have a fair amount hidden away in categories anyway.

But having no icons on a few of them makes me sad. I don't mind putting something like Moon Breakers in a junk folder, but I'd rather not for Super Crate Boy.

Is there any way to remove the Dota test client and L4D2 Beta from this list?

Let me know if these huge images are a bit obnoxious, but people were showing interest in this earlier.

Making some custom covers for a physical collection. How do these look? I need some feedback and criticism.

Some of these aren't finished, specifically KOTOR I, KOTOR II, and Morrowind.

The finished ones look gorgeous (you're really attached to that SS2 background!). If I ever get physical copies of DXHR and Dark Souls, I'm printing those out. Looking forward to the KOTOR ones being finished, too.

JaseC

I didn't even know this was on PC.
Now I'm sad.

I stumbled upon that fun little fact earlier in the year after saying that I hope it gets ported at some point. I was so excited... then almost instantly thoroughly disappointed. The game is only $5, though, so when I do eventually install Win8, I'll buy it -- I can't say "no" to one of these little fellas:

DUGRpk4.jpg

If it weren't for a certain Irish lass, they would be my avatar subjects of choice.

Halo is quite the different beast and have failed when they tried it already though.

Oh, I realise that. I was just making the point that while his post was in jest, it has happened before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom