• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

Meanwhile a little bit of a heads up for those not following it, there will be a Super House of Dead Ninjas 15 minute speed run in about 2 hours time. Figured steam gaf would want to watch because it is getting a lot of love.

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/schedule

Sadly not many PC games are featured this time but it's an awesome event nevertheless. Slightly related to Steam (although the Steam version is not used because apparently it's crap), there is a GTA: Vice City run tomorrow which is going to be awesome, the runner is a really cool guy.

Zimbardo

anyone know if Lost Planet 3 was going to be Steamworks? it doesn't say on the Steam page.

i really hope that its not going to be Games for Windows Live like part 2.

Grief.exe

anyone know if Lost Planet 3 was going to be Steamworks? it doesn't say on the Steam page.

i really hope that its not going to be Games for Windows Live like part 2.

Capcom and the rest of the world have dropped GFWL.

Highly doubtful, gonna watch the trailer right now.

Card Boy

Banned
I just had a over almost 70 minutes straight of Nation Red in 4 player co-op online and my hands feel all tenderized because of the 360 pad rumbling the whole time due to shit blowing up and shooting. My eyes are not seeing straight the same way they do after a Beat Hazard session.

sogood.gif

I just had a over almost 70 minutes straight of Nation Red in 4 player co-op online and my hands feel all tenderized because of the 360 pad rumbling the whole time due to shit blowing up and shooting. My eyes are not seeing straight the same way they do after a Beat Hazard session.]

Nice Nation Red is pretty good although my multiplayer expirences have been all lag-fests sadly :(

Grief.exe

The Lost Planet 3 Trailer from a couple weeks ago doesn't have a GFWL symbol.
Historically, every game that features GFWL has the symbol in the trailer. I haven't checked all of them, but I have checked a good amount.

And Capcom's recent policies would point towards full Steamworks.

Khronico

Any way to lock the framerate or set an fps cap on stalker games? My fps jumps all over the place from 30 to 60 and its causing control issues.

Grief.exe

Batman AA updated yesterday, BioShock 2 beta builds updated today.

First time this week actually.

Any way to lock the framerate or set an fps cap on stalker games? My fps jumps all over the place from 30 to 60 and its causing control issues.

I haven't played it in a while, but there is probably a setting causing those kind of frame skips.

My guess would be AO, but experiment. That engine is buggy and unoptimized.

Of course, you can cap it at 30 through drivers.

The Lost Planet 3 Trailer from a couple weeks ago doesn't have a GFWL symbol.
Historically, every game that features GFWL has the symbol in the trailer. I haven't checked all of them, but I have checked a good amount.

And Capcom's recent policies would point towards full Steamworks.

lol you still think gfwl is alive. capcom completely dropped them along with everyone else. the writing was on the wall once capcom and some other japan company dropped it. even MS took it out from MS flight and the new age of empires right? Now we need gears and halo trilogy with steamworks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol you still think gfwl is alive. capcom completely dropped them along with everyone else. the writing was on the wall once capcom and some other japan company dropped it. even MS took it out from MS flight and the new age of empires right? Now we need gears and halo trilogy with steamworks.

Microsoft hasn't patched GFWL out of its previous games (such as Microsoft Flight), it's just no longer used in the company's more recent efforts (such as Age 2 HD).

Card Boy

Banned
Bought Rising Storm; realized 10 minutes after installing no one is playing Rising Storm. Oh well, only $6.

I literally knew this would happen soon as it was announced the game would cost money. I believe originally they said it was mean to be free prior to the release of RO2. People gave me shit when i said it would be dead online within the month.

Salsa

omg

iGrRbVUMx40KH.PNG

success.gif

i6IOj94CKeGpS.PNG

tumblr_lnxcxgUNHt1qltxkuo1_400.gif

first ever, after hundreds and hundreds of drops. If the percentage chance is the same across games then this is some BULLSHIT

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
omg

http://i.minus.com/iGrRbVUMx40KH.PNG[/MG]

[MG]http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/success.gif

[MG]http://i.minus.com/i6IOj94CKeGpS.PNG[/IMG]

IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnxcxgUNHt1qltxkuo1_400.gif[/IMG]

first ever, after hundreds and hundreds of drops. If the percentage chance is the same across games then this is some BULLSHIT
9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom