• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

While I know it's already on GOG for PC & Mac I would really love if they put Theme Hospital on Steam. Such great nostalgia from this game.

PPyhKN7l.jpg

Any fellow GAFfer played this back in the day?

When I was still a young Dawg, the Bloaty Head disease in Theme Hospital was very scary to me. I remember one of the causes was unpurified rainwater or something and I was afraid to drink any water at all.

For the first time in my life a friend wanted to play a coop game, that is when I realized that there are way too few games that support this feature.

Prophane33

with all those bundles i got a lot of desura keys, gonna have to try it. anyone using that thing?

Desura is pretty neat, it's kind of like steam, but for indie games. It's kind of hard to find where to add games though: You have to do it through the website and not the client...at least I never found an easier way.

Played through Shadowrun yesterday, loved the art and the general feel of the world. The combat mechanics worked well (<3 xcom). The story was well written, and had me reading every line of dialogue (which surprised me as I usually skip through most text in games).

Game was a little buggy playing through it on day 1, but there was a sizable patch today and from my second play through, I haven't run into any of the scripting problems that I saw yesterday (although I'm still early).

Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the community on the workshop.

antitrop

What about his wife? And more importantly, what about the cats?
Oh ya, his wife was awesome. I want to go back and watch all the new footage.

I don't think the other Meat Boy guy is really all that crazy, I think it was just clear that when the movie was being filmed he was at the end of his rope and what you are seeing in that film is probably not the way he was normally before that crunch time.

I'm sure he's a bit neurotic in real life, but in Indie Game: The Movie he is practically mentally ill.

I don't think the film does a great job accurately portraying the personalities of these developers. Or at least I would like to hope so.

Maybe everyone except for Fish.

Meier

Anyone have the Scissor Kick card in FM they'd trade to me? It'd let me finish my first badge for a game I've played about 450 hours of. :lol

Desura is pretty neat, it's kind of like steam, but for indie games. It's kind of hard to find where to add games though: You have to do it through the website and not the client...at least I never found an easier way.

To add games/codes in the client, click on the desura icon in the top left corner in the blue rectangle, then Tools->Activate CD Key or Gift. Though when I copy/paste codes in the box, the activate button remains greyed out until I add another character and delete it to the end of the key. Not sure why.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, didn't know Steam is now doing the "this preorder bonus gets better the more people preorder".

liezryou

God dunder's 30$ for xcom declassified is so god damn tempting, especially considering the preorder bonuses. Hope xcom: eu is giftable though.

You're probably not going to see those summer sale cards go for much for a very very long time, if at all. For reference, there was a rare crate drop in TF2 (#40) that stabilized in a price of $10. It's long since stopped dropping and remains at that $10 price point because the interest just isn't there when it's any more expensive. There are 350~ on the market right now so it might get higher once that starts dwindling down to the double digits, but with items that are 50,000~ in number? You're kidding yourself if you think people are actually going to put much value in the things handed out in bulk.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
God dunder's 30$ for xcom declassified is so god damn tempting, especially considering the preorder bonuses. Hope xcom: eu is giftable though.

Given the distinct lack of "Already own ...? Gift it to a friend!", I don't think it will be. See also: Blacklist's non-giftable copy of the Conviction DDE.

Turfster

The desura client is dogshit.
I can't download any of the games I have on it, because their own ftp servers they get the authentification from, are "empty" on the 4 different systems in 3 different locations I tried it on.

fantomena

Does XCOM: Enemy Unknown support cloud? Im not using my gaming desktop at the moment (traveling), so if it does not use cloud, is there any way to transfer XCOM saves from one PC to another or should I just wait and use my desktop PC?

Fireblend

Banned
Does XCOM: Enemy Unknown support cloud? Im not using my gaming desktop at the momen, so if it does not use cloud, is there any way to transfer XCOM saves from one PC to another or should I just wait and use my desktop PC?
I'm almost sure it does support Steam Cloud

I'm just conforming to standard practice.

With cases, the platform logo always goes at the top of the spine, and the top left on the front. I am foregoing any symbol on the front in favor of a more minimalist look.

The collection would kind of look strange next to my classic games if I didn't have the symbol there.

Understood; I think it would look better in isolation but wouldn't want them breaking the pattern when lined up with the icons at the top either.

Thanks for the info...searching for the complete mod now.

Check the last few pages of this thread; you will find links to more mods than you could shake a stick at [whatever that means].

Stalker: Shadows of Chernobyl

Yay or Nay?

Yay was the general opinion when it was discussed extensively yesterday with the proviso of mods being recommended.

modbot is working again?

Nope. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom