• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed very slow to me.

Playing games might give you faster drop rates than ideling. When I was playing Natural Selection II, it took about an hour for all 4 cards.

Awesomenauts too about 3 hours for 4 cards.

I actually was playing the game! Seems kind of fun, will play through the cards at least not sure if I'll keep going after

TheExodu5

Banned
Hmmm...anyone have a 75% off Lunar Flight coupon by any chance?

Didn't realize it had Oculus Rift support. Wouldn't mind trying it out.

Row

Banned
anyone having issues running hotline miami? I know there's issues if you enable steamworks, but I don't and get weird warning messages like "floating point division by zero" and this:

for object objDevolver:

Error defining an external function.

The_Monk

Hmmm...anyone have a 75% off Lunar Flight coupon by any chance?

Didn't realize it had Oculus Rift support. Wouldn't mind trying it out.

I have one fellow GAFfer! Valid until Tuesday May 31 2016 so you must be quick.

Just give me Shadowrun Returns, promise me you won't trade this coupon for a copy of Rage and it's yours.

Joking of course, just add me on Steam, link on profile :)

Yep, hooking it up to an HDTV is totally worth the effort, I love how seamless the setup is these days. Congrats on the new place!
I was surprised to see an HDMI cable through a DVI converter on my video card pass sound, I was floored. Needless to say, that little extra bit put me in full confidence on setting up this whole PC thing. I'm going to have everything at my desk still (in the adjacent room) and run an HDMI cable to the front room.

Windows+P and BAM. Shoot everything to the next room. Comfy couch gaming at sixty frames per second (or so they say).

And thanks, by the way. I'm ready to be moved in and done with the stress.

Nabs

anyone having issues running hotline miami? I know there's issues if you enable steamworks, but I don't and get weird warning messages like "floating point division by zero" and this:

for object objDevolver:

Error defining an external function.

Check the forum or the OT. A lot of us had that problems early on.

I recommend trying the beta, they ported the game over to OpenGL for the PSN release and are currently testing it for PC. Right Click Hotline Miami > Properties > Betas > PW: hlm (HLM). It adds resolution support, better controller support, and is just an overall better experience.

cicero

Nah, it feels like it's moving too slow now...

especially at night. I really liked the rapid pace of the sale thread.

I didn't. There were very few informative posts in comparison to now, mainly just excited comments, pathetic javadots behavior/backlash, constant repeated comments/questions from random people who had never been in the Steam threads previously and who tended to ask questions that had been asked and answered numerous times before or that were answered in the OP, etc. Unless you sat there reading for hours you couldn't keep up with the 50-100 pages of posts every day. I prefer quality over quantity. Notice how many of those new posters never stuck around post-sale...

maneil99

Just sold my 680, running integrated graphics off my 3570k, gotta wait for the GPU to arrive and take it in to get assembled, gonna be a looong week

Grief.exe

And we actually picked up a lot of quality posters in the interim.

I think we kind of hit a lull period where everyone is taking a break after the frenzy that was the summer sale.

The_Monk

Fellow GAFfers I'm going to sleep now. TheExodu5 if you still want that coupon let me know and it's yours. Send me a PM or something, sorry for not waiting more time but I'm tired.

See you all tomorrow, good people!

Tenrius

Do you ever go to the Bad Rats community hub? It's fairly active!

4EF5404A922A7819925ABA567880C83DEA4337CC

KayRule said:
Proposed Bad Rats Cards/Emoticons/Backgrounds for Steam Trading Card Service

These are proposed and premade Steam Trading Cards, Steam Emoticons and Steam Profile Backgrounds for the devs and Valve to use, since I know the devs are very busy working on the sequel I made them for them.

Full Size and Individual images can be seen here.
http://imgur.com/a/JRDKp#0

Thanks 2 all my Badrats.

There's also a guy asking if the game is really GOTY material.

Grief.exe

Reminds me of BC. Nice. Will keep a watch on that.

BC? I forgot about that game, it looked so ambitious.

Whatever happened to that one? Was there ever any information as to why it was cancelled.

What are you replacing the 680 with?

Not much to replace it with. 700 series is merely a stopgap right now.

Fellow GAFfers I'm going to sleep now. TheExodu5 if you still want that coupon let me know and it's yours. Send me a PM or something, sorry for not waiting more time but I'm tired.

See you all tomorrow, good people!

Later Monk.

maneil99

What are you replacing the 680 with?

780 ACX superclocked. Want to take it to my local shop because hes like 45 seconds away but he moved. Want him to rotate my heatsink and install a 200mm fan but he movedl ike 20 minutes away, not sure if he'll bother picking it up.

hate touching my PC, I broke my old i7 930 heatsink pin, killed my old ud3h motherboard and fucked up my 212 + installation

Mugatu

Check the forum or the OT. A lot of us had that problems early on.

I recommend trying the beta, they ported the game over to OpenGL for the PSN release and are currently testing it for PC. Right Click Hotline Miami > Properties > Betas > PW: hlm (HLM). It adds resolution support, better controller support, and is just an overall better experience.

Good advice, the beta fixed all my problem with that game.

Firehead

BC? I forgot about that game, it looked so ambitious.

Whatever happened to that one? Was there ever any information as to why it was cancelled.

I believe that was the problem -- it was just way too ambitious for Molyneux. At most, they managed to complete about 50% or so of the game and then they just gave up.

Unfortunate, really. Was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox at the time.

feel

While not technically on Greenlight yet, check out The Stomping Land.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=142490129

Its a multiplayer survival game where you have to hunt dinosaurs and fend off other players. You can build bases, traps, and collect various trophies.

Reminds me of DayZ except switch zombies for dinosaurs and make them an actual threat.
Been looking forward to this one for a while.

B.C. (Original Xbox game by Peter Molyneux) getting cancelled still hurts to this day. edit- lol it has been mentioned in this thread, Steam-gaf makes me proud everytime

zoku88

Europa Universalis IV comes out in 2 weeks. Hot damn, isnt that like Crusader Kings 2 on crack, if thats possible?

Well, I wouldn't really compare it to CK2. I would say that CK2 is somewhat harder to manage than EU, since you're not dealing with character relationships, but rather country relationships (and there are a whole lot less of those.)

Grief.exe

I need some help. I've been making custom covers for DVD cases.

I want to make one for Deus Ex, but U can't find a good, high-res source picture that would suit the game.

I need something that is at least 2100 pixels tall. I can stretch the image, but it would be better if I didn't.

Just looking for ideas.

I believe that was the problem -- it was just way too ambitious for Molyneux. At most, they managed to complete about 50% or so of the game and then they just gave up.

Unfortunate, really. Was one of the reasons I bought an Xbox at the time.

True Fantasy Live Online was the other reason to buy an Xbox...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom