• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

New game idea, Open world, rouge like paranormal simulator. You (and maybe some friends ) are tossed into a random situation ( Mountain with bigfoot, forest with mothman, boat at night against a sea monster ) and have to somehow escape your surroundings. Too spook

How can you escape the boat?

A somehow unique idea. But i dont see the rouge aspect being good in a game like this.

Yeah, I don't see red either.

maneil99

How can you escape the boat?

A somehow unique idea. But i dont see the rouge aspect being good in a game like this.

by rogue I mean it would be random as opposed to a string of missions, you get tossed into a forest, you don't know whats out there, only that there is something deadly and horrifying. For the boat level I suppose you'd need to get to land

Grief.exe

The Mass Effect 1 Texture Mod I've been keeping an eye on was just released.

Horrible timing for me since I have so many games to play, but may be perfect timing for someone else.
If you have played Mass Effect on PC, or console for that matter, then you know how horrible the textures are. Massive difference.

37945424.jpg

xu7m.jpg

rr0k.jpg

i1q0.jpg

I clocked 2 and 3 (I'm an expect)
(sorry)
, maybe you should look up some basic sentence structure.

Lets keep the negativity and, especially, the ad hominem attacks to a minimum.

Has the situation changed since last week?

Both Batman and Bioshock 2 got updated today, not too much happened last week.

KOFXIII got some updates today as well.

by rogue I mean it would be random as opposed to a string of missions, you get tossed into a forest, you don't know whats out there, only that there is something deadly and horrifying. For the boat level I suppose you'd need to get to land

Too many aspects that need too much time. Landscape generation? Its not as hard but it has to work for the situations so it would need much tweaking and changing and etc. Assets need to be made for the situations. Then next aspect is the "Whats the point?". Its just like Slender x4. And the boat level needs some driving aspect. And that would cost a bit time too.

I could imagine a Prototype of this with one level being produced in 2 Months or less.

Grief.exe

Also, Wasteland 2 stuff

Wasteland2Guru harvested the map count, among other details, from a recent Game Star preview; there may be some inaccuracies in translation as a result. That said, the preview claims Wastelands 2 will have between 40 and 50 maps, and compares this figure to Fallout 2′s 23 maps, suggesting the word refers to visitable locations.

That’s quite a lot, and as you’d expect, the preview also said the RPG will take 20 hours to complete – without sidequests.

Wasteland 2 will use the CLASSIC attribute system (Charisma, Luck, Awareness, Strength, Speed, Intelligence and Coordination) and offer 32 skills:

Combat skills: Blunt Weapons, Bladed Weapons, Anti-Tank-Weapons, SMG, Shotguns, Energy Weapons, Assault Rifles, Sniper Rifle, Handguns
Scientific skills: Picklock, Safecrack, Alarm Disarm, Toaster Repair, Computer Tech, Synth Tech, Demolitions, Brute Force
General skills: Silent Move, Salvaging, Hard Ass, B.S. Detector, Outdoorsman, Evasion, Leadership, Folklore, Animal Whisperer, Field Medic, Surgeon, Weapon Smithing, Field Stripping, Perception, Barter

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/30/wasteland-2-will-have-40-50-maps-and-be-20-hours-long/

maneil99

Too many aspects that need too much time. Landscape generation? Its not as hard but it has to work for the situations so it would need much tweaking and changing and etc. Assets need to be made for the situations. Then next aspect is the "Whats the point?". Its just like Slender x4. And the boat level needs some driving aspect. And that would cost a bit time too.

I could imagine a Prototype of this with one level being produced in 2 Months or less.

Yea, not much of an idea to base an entire game around. I just liked the first few months of GTA:SA and 4 when I was searching for the ratman and bigfoot. I hope they add something like that to 5.

eyeless

I clocked 2 and 3 (I'm an expect)
(sorry)
, maybe you should look up some basic sentence structure.
damn bro you're serious when you misinterpret the tone and overlook the element of humor in posts

maybe you should look up how not to say "should of" instead of "should have", among the greatest crimes perpetrated against the english language

also i used to be hellof serious about grammar when i was like 16, would type perfectly with capitalization and periods in msn messenger conversations anyway long story short thanks for the tip but from what i've seen ya don't have any grammar lessons to impart to me nahmean my posting style is deliberate but thx for the passive aggression anyway bro

Is it enjoyable to dive into the latest XCOM on ironman mode or is that too much of an exercise in frustration? If there is a lot of "things you always die to the first time" it just pisses me off, especially if there's no way to see it coming.

Knurek

Is it enjoyable to dive into the latest XCOM on ironman mode or is that too much of an exercise in frustration? If there is a lot of "things you always die to the first time" it just pisses me off, especially if there's no way to see it coming.

I think Ironman on Easy should be okay... Reminds me of Cannon Fodder a lot. :)

Aaron

Don't do it. The game is just too buggy to ironman.

If you've never played the series before, then Ironman would be too frustrating on Classic difficulty or higher. The game will autosave after every move, so you have to be willing to accept the outcomes of your decisions. Of course, you have all the time in the world to make your moves, so if you play conservatively and safely you should be fine. You can always play non-Ironman but self impose rules on yourself, like only save at the beginning of missions or if you have to stop playing to do something else.

denx

the headline of the latest article on rps is the worst thing that's ever happened to me

That headline made my heart skip a beat, then curse to the skies. How dare they troll with something like that?! :(

That was the first time in months I visit RPS actually.

Gvaz

Banned

Horrible timing for me since I have so many games to play, but may be perfect timing for someone else.
If you have played Mass Effect on PC, or console for that matter, then you know how horrible the textures are. Massive difference.

Lets keep the negativity and, especially, the ad hominem attacks to a minimum.

Both Batman and Bioshock 2 got updated today, not too much happened last week.

KOFXIII got some updates today as well.

Except you have to use TEXMOD which is the worst program ever. having to inject textures into your ram is horrible and I hate bioware for not making mass effect moddable.

jediyoshi

Except you have to use TEXMOD which is the worst program ever. having to inject textures into your ram is horrible and I hate bioware for not making mass effect moddable.

Mass Effect Updated/Improved Textures Mod (TexMod free version) This is the latest version of the mod, it is a direct install, extract ALL 9 parts into the same location of your choosing and run the ME1UITM.exe and follow prompted instructions. Make sure to direct the install to your MassEffect folder. The new version is much larger, its because of the game engine and the fact that we are now replacing the files directly, this avoids all TexMod glitches. Expect near vanilla performance with minor hitching as the game engine loads the high-res textures. overall much better performance than TexMod and zero graphical glitches.

Leks

Awesome work. Glad the creator worked on an installer file, select all the textures via TexMod and wait a few minutes to start the game wasn't useful.

is Steam screwing up for anyone else?

Yep, its messing up on my 2010 White Macbook right now. Wanted to play TF2, was getting good at 2FORT as a scout after I practiced on the 360 version :D

(This machine takes a while to load up games, but once i've been playing for 10 minutes it works decently.)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yesterday, I asked stuff about Splinter Cell Conviction and morningbus recommended it.
I just wanted to say one thing; thanks. :)

Steam is down here, too. Gabepocalypse!

Striek

Noo, my L4D2 time :( I guess the master server is down.

OTOH, I tried to sell more of those dumb cards earlier (I sold some during summer sale) and steam told me I couldn't since I hadn't bought a game in the last year. Mighty chuffed about that.

I've actually bought a lot but none via Steam itself because of there far and away crappiest/late sales of steamworks titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom