• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'm definitely at a loss for doing Half-Life 1 and 2 box arts.

How do you do one of the most iconic games of all time?

These images are pretty good

tumblr_ma2kykfWqu1rfdx4ho1_1280.jpg

half_life_2_troops_by_jestebangp.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Just finished the original Deus Ex this evening. You guys weren't kidding; the game is damn good in my opinion, even in 2013. It could use some better AI and voice acting at parts (having generic hit sounds and death cries for each gender is pretty hilarious, but also immersion breaking) but it's still a really solid experience. I ended up spending about 40 hours with the game in a single playthrough, but some of that was spent playing around and seeing what would happen if I took different routes or just did things that I wasn't supposed to.

But I say that in a rather broad sense, since the flexibility in the level design really stands out to me. Crawling through vents, picking off lone soldiers, sneaking past with augmentations... you can enjoy the game in a number of ways, and most paths aren't build-specific (though number of multitools and lockpicks will come into play) so you can change things up as you go. Nice.
well done man

now if you haven't play bloodlines

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I got The Ship. Now I feel bad about calling Salsa a NeoGAF asshole on that other forum, and making all those memes about him.
No I don't.

Grief.exe

So Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Bioshock 2 are all being tested by the same Q&A firm.
This could be why I am seeing updates to the QA build on a consistent basis between the 3 games. I thought the updates might have been contracted out to the same company, but its probably the same testing company doing some of the updates.

http://steamdb.info/sub/17039/#section_apps

https://www.vmc.com/gamelabs/SitePages/ServicesGameTesting.aspx

Those are all pretty awesome covers Grief, except that steam logo being on top is really irking me. I feel like it should be on the bottom.

When viewed in a vacuum, I agree that the Steam symbols look a bit strange. To be honest, it would be better off if I left them off of there entirely.

But if you place them next to other games in a collection, as these are intended, then they will fit in perfectly.

FauX

I've been around for 8 years reading GAF and I've never been able to win anything here on the forum, way too much giveaways that in the end I've never believed in them.

Today's different. Dupy and... ModBot have given a Sleeping Dogs key.

I've recovered my faith on GAF. Thank you so much Dupy!

So Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, and Bioshock 2 are all being tested by the same Q&A firm.
This could be why I am seeing updates to the QA build on a consistent basis between the 3 games. I thought the updates might have been contracted out to the same company, but its probably the same testing company doing some of the updates.

http://steamdb.info/sub/17039/#section_apps

https://www.vmc.com/gamelabs/SitePages/ServicesGameTesting.aspx

I just want this to happen soon. I am having an itch to play through Arkham Asylum again and I want those achievements.
I really want cards for the Batman games

Sajjaja

I just want this to happen soon. I am having an itch to play through Arkham Asylum again and I want those achievements.
I really want cards for the Batman games

Those cards would never drop in price. Comic book characters are too iconic.

Some asshole would just undercut everyone anyways.

dot

I've been around for 8 years reading GAF and I've never been able to win anything here on the forum, way too much giveaways that in the end I've never believed in them.

Today's different. Dupy and... ModBot have given a Sleeping Dogs key.

I've recovered my faith on GAF. Thank you so much Dupy!

aww

well you finally won something

now go play/idle Sleepy Dogs! I hear it's quite good.

Grief.exe

Unless GTA5 can top it, Sleeping Dogs is the best open world game of the generation.

GTAV is looking to fix a lot of the problems I had with GTAIV.

Adopting the Max Payne 3 shooting gameplay is a massive step in the right direction.

Sleeping Dogs is my open-world GTA-style game of the generation though.

Milamber

They should make the new Sleeping dogs have an even bigger area that transitions to Shanghai and MC can gamble at local street vendors, collect tiny plastic figures at vending machines and race fork lifts around docks.

maneil99

I cannot stand Saints Row for some reason, the city just feels so dead to me, the shooting is very light, idk maybe I need to play it more

Card Boy

Banned
Saints Row IV is a dark horse contender. Could be the Crackdown that the PC never got.

Nah i have written it off, its the same as adding super powers to GTA6, the two don't mix together. Make a new IP if your going to put super powers in a established franchise, or do a spin-off like Yakuza: of the End. I know SR4 was a spinoff or expansion orignally and they should of kept it that way.

maneil99

Does anyone here think of awesome video game ideas while they are taking a shower? I came up with a great idea for a star wars series featuring Boba Fett, Darth Maul, General Grevious and a Cyborg Mace Windu

Salsa

Card Boy

Banned
Does anyone here think of awesome video game ideas while they are taking a shower? I came up with a great idea for a star wars series featuring Boba Fett, Darth Maul, General Grevious and a Cyborg Mace Windu

Did you think Haze was an awesome video game idea?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains

I thought of this awesome game called Wafflestomp while in the shower today.

eyeless

Nah i have written it off, its the same as adding super powers to GTA6, the two don't mix together.
do you know what saints row is

you should look up saints row on the internet

or ask a friend to tell you about the saints row franchise

maneil99

Did you think Haze was an awesome video game idea?

I think the idea behind the game was great, it was originally suppose to be in Iraq and involve switching sides and fighting US marines, was too edgy for ubisoft and got turned into a more sci fi game. I love haze, I find the gunplay good and the multiplayer with bots great. I'd give it a 7/10, graphicly it looks awful most of the time ( Althought the Map Pack looks better the rest of the game ) and the ai needs work but I don't think its a bad game at all.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Nah i have written it off, its the same as adding super powers to GTA6, the two don't mix together. Make a new IP if your going to put super powers in a established franchise, or do a spin-off like Yakuza: of the End. I know SR4 was a spinoff or expansion orignally and they should of kept it that way.
The build I played at E3 was completely balls out insane. The whole city was your playground, and you had no shortage of toys. It felt right. Maybe it's because the franchise has been getting crazier this gen while GTA went in the opposite direction.

maneil99

New game idea, Open world, rouge like paranormal simulator. You (and maybe some friends ) are tossed into a random situation ( Mountain with bigfoot, forest with mothman, boat at night against a sea monster ) and have to somehow escape your surroundings. Too spook

omg_mjd

Stalker CoP...nice game but it's driving me nuts. Have to fire up Task Manager and kill its stray processes every time I quit or Steam thinks it's still open.

Anyone know a fix for this?

New game idea, Open world, rouge like paranormal simulator. You (and maybe some friends ) are tossed into a random situation ( Mountain with bigfoot, forest with mothman, boat at night against a sea monster ) and have to somehow escape your surroundings. Too spook

How can you escape the boat?

A somehow unique idea. But i dont see the rouge aspect being good in a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom