• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to playing Mark of the Ninja that I picked up during the sale. Man, that game is amazing! The movement... it's so perfect.

Yeah, I was surprised Mark of the Ninja was so great after playing Shank. Shank was so annoying and frustrating but MotN was excellent.

Speaking of which I saw RPS had a article/video of Klei's new game Incognita. It looks really good. A bit like XCOM, which is great. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/29/kleis-incognita-steps-from-the-shadow/

oipic

Dupy, your giveaways are wonderful, as always - thanks. You've bestowed some great games upon some lucky GAFfers. Enjoy, folks. :)

Still cranky I missed Dust, though. ;)

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hmmm, on second thought I shouldn't have put the limitation of "all time" winners. Should have just done within the last day.

Let me find a way to remove it...

the three unclaimed sleeping dogs are taunting me

Somebody please fix this with Sleeping dogs:

captureghuta.png

Exeunt

Just finished the original Deus Ex this evening. You guys weren't kidding; the game is damn good in my opinion, even in 2013. It could use some better AI and voice acting at parts (having generic hit sounds and death cries for each gender is pretty hilarious, but also immersion breaking) but it's still a really solid experience. I ended up spending about 40 hours with the game in a single playthrough, but some of that was spent playing around and seeing what would happen if I took different routes or just did things that I wasn't supposed to.

But I say that in a rather broad sense, since the flexibility in the level design really stands out to me. Crawling through vents, picking off lone soldiers, sneaking past with augmentations... you can enjoy the game in a number of ways, and most paths aren't build-specific (though number of multitools and lockpicks will come into play) so you can change things up as you go. Nice.

denx

That and some of the rules for the giveaways are hilariously specific.

It was said before that only people that posted in the last Summer Sale thread were eligible, but I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure if I even posted in the Summer Sale threads honestly. I was mostly away from the internet for two weeks and when I got access I really only checked the Steam store page. Gave the sale threads a glance but didn't want to post because they looked like a giant clusterfuck. I missed the regular Steam thread. :(

But yeah, not really sure what the requirements for entering a giveaway are.

Also, is the Steam store page not loading for anyone else?

gabbo

It was said before that only people that posted in the last Summer Sale thread were eligible, but I'm not sure about that. I'm not sure if I even posted in the Summer Sale threads honestly. I was mostly away from the internet for two weeks and when I got access I really only checked the Steam store page. Gave the sale threads a glance but didn't want to post because they looked like a giant clusterfuck. I missed the regular Steam thread. :(

But yeah, not really sure what the requirements for entering a giveaway are.

Also, is the Steam store page not loading for anyone else?

I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone, just that the reactions to 'within the last day/week/thread' are the best reactions from GAF

Just finished the original Deus Ex this evening. You guys weren't kidding; the game is damn good in my opinion, even in 2013. It could use some better AI and voice acting at parts (having generic hit sounds and death cries for each gender is pretty hilarious, but also immersion breaking) but it's still a really solid experience. I ended up spending about 40 hours with the game in a single playthrough, but some of that was spent playing around and seeing what would happen if I took different routes or just did things that I wasn't supposed to.

But I say that in a rather broad sense, since the flexibility in the level design really stands out to me. Crawling through vents, picking off lone soldiers, sneaking past with augmentations... you can enjoy the game in a number of ways, and most paths aren't build-specific (though number of multitools and lockpicks will come into play) so you can change things up as you go. Nice.
clint-nod.gif

maty

I promised myself I wouldn't do another giveaway for some time but given the occasion.

Cheers :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-BB08294A37BB64B4 - Taken by DTKT

Exeunt

I love in DX1 how you could bypass entire levels by just finding a vent behind a thing.

I had good fun in the
Majestic 12
hangar that you find yourself in when you get to
Hong Kong
by stacking boxes on the stairs so that I could enter a vent that was higher up on the wall. It was pretty awesome when I finally maneuvered myself in there and bypassed a whole bunch of guards who were hanging out in the room I think you'd normally have to sneak or fight through!

In Deus Ex HR, my go to path to infiltrate places was finding a vent. Always felt like cheating bypassing like 10 guards though a vent, lol.

Then you get to those bosses that you have to fight in one specific way.

That's why I loved the boss in Missing Link. Even though you ultimately had to either kill or incapacitate him, you had a number of ways to do so.

DTKT

Thanks Born, it's going to be nice to go back to Rapture after finishing Columbia. I hope that Grief's prediction about Steamworks and Minerva's Den ends being true.

Grief.exe

Speeking of some Sleepy Dawgs, just made this DVD cover

Link to all of the ones I have made: http://z46.minus.com/m82ebMgeogdpK

What is the next game on your list?

denx

I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone, just that the reactions to 'within the last day/week/thread' are the best reactions from GAF

Nah, didn't feel like you were pointing fingers at anyone, no worries. :)

Also Bioshock 2, damn son this giveaways. Only reason I'm holding on doing a Bioshock 1/2 playthrough is because I'm waiting for GFWL and SecuROM to be patched out from the Steam version.

Also, the store page still won't load. :(

That's why I loved Burke in Missing Link. Even though you ultimately had to either kill or incapacitate him, you had a number of ways to do so.
I didn't even had to get into his room to take him out. I just shot him with a sniper rifle from like 40 meters away or something, before I even took out most of his mooks. It was pretty awesome.

Edited for spoilers.

Sajjaja

Speeking of some Sleepy Dawgs, just made this DVD cover

Link to all of the ones I have made: http://z46.minus.com/m82ebMgeogdpK

Like me some high res nipples.

Then you get to those bosses that you have to fight in one specific way.

That's why I loved Burke in Missing Link. Even though you ultimately had to either kill or incapacitate him, you had a number of ways to do so.

Errr...spoiler much? I haven't played ML yet D:

Exeunt

Either Half-Life or Earthbound on Wii U. I have to wait on monthly Internet data resetting to download something else, like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.; I'm leaning towards a Half-Life-Earthbound-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. combo to finish the summer.

Oh, not to mention the secret MJ12 facility beneath VersaLife that you could get to by inputting the code 123.

Wait, didn't you have to go through there as part of the story? What did I do here?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sleeping Dogs

:(

edit: speaking of gifts, I have a copy of Overlord in my inventory from the summer sale. I have no idea who I gave it to (I have the email address, but I don't want to post that in public), and I can't find the PMs of the person that won it. Would it be appropriate to give it away again?

Salsa

DUPY 2.0 COMING THROUGH

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

THE SHIP!! -- MB-5E179AD3B65E25B8 - Taken by JBourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom