• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

Wow, the prices for Magical Diary cards are great. Not selling nearly fast enough, though. Similar to EVE Online cards, I was able to make some decent money with those three cards (about $2.5 lol), but it took a while.

how does a foil even look? are there any pics?

Just search for "foil' on the market. It's basically the same card, different frame.

Grief.exe

how does a foil even look? are there any pics?

http://www.steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-63710

120x140f
120x140f

wilflare

Isn't that impossible, Steam was released on September 12, 2003?

Beta testers, perhaps? Has anyone seen a profile that is earlier than September?

boo :( guess I'll be one year behind. only a member since November 2004
with my first Valve game being HL2 Retail

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Some really great games got cards today -- Fortix 2 in particular is the best Qix-like game ever made, easily.

Yeah, playing that one now, great excuse. Surprised Fortix 1 got cards too, I think its the first game that multiple games in the same series got cards for.

When did Steam stop displaying gifts in someone's inventory?

Its an inventory option, you can turn it off and on.

I bought Half-Life 2 retail at launch as well. I have an account dated since November 2004. Unfortunately, I totally forgot about it as I've been a Mac user for the majority of the last ten years and didn't have a capable gaming PC. In the last sale, I not only remembered that account, but the login details. Shattered that there is no way for me to transfer my game library to that account. :( I have 164 games attached to my now current account. I'm going to login on that account on the 10-year anniversary. Hoping for something special.

Weens

Neo Member

Where can you see the account creation date? I've got 9 year badge but not sure how late in the year I was.

Edit: NVM found it by clicking on the badge. Only May 2004.

wow just started playing sins of a solar empire, this might be the most satisfying $10 I have ever spent. Where has this game been all my life. I love me some GalCiv 2 but sins is just the right kind of different and it has me hooked

I registered a giveaway with ModBot several minutes ago but have not received the reply PM with the details for posting. Is such a delay expected?

This is the format I followed:

PM to ModBot, title: register
Body:
Game - ABCD-EFGH-IJKL
RECEIPT
NOWINNERSDAILY
etc.

Vyer

I got a foil Bioshock card a while back, but nothing since. Still not really understanding how the drops work.

and man, I shouldn't have fired up Torchlight 2. That type of game is horribly addictive for me.

chixdiggit

So since Fortix 1 is in Fortix 2 if you own both, do you still have to boot up each game separate to earn all cards? Or can you just play Fortix 1 in Fortix 2?

Nymphae

Banned
Thank-you. I just wanted to be sure that I hadn't registered the giveaway incorrectly.

I think it screws up if the game name contains a colon and you also use one to separate the code from the game name, but I would think most people would be smart enough to avoid making that error.

I think it screws up if the game name contains a colon and you also use one to separate the code from the game name, but I would think most people would be smart enough to avoid making that error.

Following the guide exactly, I listed the Game as "Game Name - Code-Code-Code"

The "Friends recently bought" column has taken over the whole right hand side of the store page for me. Good job Gaf :D.

Edit: Err apparently I can't tell the difference between left and right :(.

Prophane33

Eh, I wan randomly gifted ( by steam) a Bioshock infinite booster pack lol.

Anyone else have this happen?

That's how boosters work. Once you've gotten all the drops you can for a game you are eligible for a booster. Apparently, once someone crafts a badge a booster is sent out to 1 person who is eligible. Thus, they are pretty damn rare. Out of 150~ish cards I've recieved only 1 booster. Compared, to 2 foils. Also, for boosters you don't have to be idling/playing any particular game, as long as you log into Steam once a week you can be randomly gifted a booster.

Cth

Woo hoo! Finally sold my old car!

If Kentucky Route Zero isn't a midweek special, I'm getting it and Shadowrun!

Might do a giveaway or two later as well. What's the most requested thing now? Rogue Legacy still? Euro Truck 2?

Woo hoo! Finally sold my old car!

If Kentucky Route Zero isn't a midweek special, I'm getting it and Shadowrun!

Might do a giveaway or two later as well. What's the most requested thing now? Rogue Legacy still? Euro Truck 2?

Rogue Legacy. As it never saw a daily, flash or community, many passed it over.

sunnz

That's how boosters work. Once you've gotten all the drops you can for a game you are eligible for a booster. Apparently, once someone crafts a badge a booster is sent out to 1 person who is eligible. Thus, they are pretty damn rare. Out of 150~ish cards I've recieved only 1 booster. Compared, to 2 foils. Also, for boosters you don't have to be idling/playing any particular game, as long as you log into Steam once a week you can be randomly gifted a booster.

Ah, that's pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom