• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Interesting, Weird Worlds reminds of Star Control. Dungeons: The Dark Lord is like Dungeon Keeper. I don't have 5 bucks to spend but I would get it for Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers on it's own. I've bought the first two bundles these guys did and was happy with it. I've felt that the majority of their bundles have been kind of lame, but this one seems pretty neat.

Thieve

Neo Member
So you calling me a liar son?

Haha nah, maybe just poor wording on my end. I didn't mean you had to complete the badge, only that you had to earn all your card drops.

If you still got boosters maybe there's a bug with it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Don't know if this was posted but bundlestars currently has a pretty fucking awesome bundle going on right now for $5 and it comes with Cargo Commander which GAF user More_Badass recommended during the Steam sale and the game alone is worth $5.

http://www.bundlestars.com/

Also comes with

Sorry if it's been posted, all Steam redeemable and most of these games are pretty damn great.

I'll ask this again: Don't Bundle Stars always gets like a 50% discount near the end of their run?

smr00

Banned
I'll ask this again: Don't Bundle Stars always gets like a 50% discount near the end of their run?
Are you talking about the Happy Hour thing? Where you buy it during the happy hour and you get another set of key for all the games essentially making it B1G1?

$5 is a steal.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Holy shit, I can't believe I spent 8 hours in Civilization V tutorial lol.

Iknowthatfeelingbro.jog

The game sucks you in. Civ 5's tutorials are really well done. Gives you all the info you need to know about the game and its mechanics. Did you pick up the expansions?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Are you talking about the Happy Hour thing? Where you buy it during the happy hour and you get another set of key for all the games essentially making it B1G1?

$5 is a steal.

No, that's Indie Gala.

I'm talking about a "hey our bundle never sells so now you can buy all this shit for 50%" or "our minimum 2 games bundle pick-your-bundle also sells like shit so now the minimum purchase is one game" that bundle stars always does.

I'm not saying it's a bad price, I'm just asking: don't these always get cheaper?

rockx4

Iknowthatfeelingbro.jog

The game sucks you in. Civ 5's tutorials are really well done. Gives you all the info you need to know about the game and its mechanics. Did you pick up the expansions?

I picked up Civ5 gold, so I have everything except the recent expansion. During the 8 hours I really picked up on the gameplay. It was pretty damn fun and amazing, which in itself was a surprise because I couldn't get into Civ4 at all during a 4 hour gameplay. Civ5 just totally sucked me in.

Prophane33

No, that's Indie Gala.

I'm talking about a "hey our bundle never sells so now you can buy all this shit for 50%" or "our minimum 2 games bundle pick-your-bundle also sells like shit so now the minimum purchase is one game" that bundle stars always does.

I'm not saying it's a bad price, I'm just asking: don't these always get cheaper?

Bundle Stars bundles never get cheaper.

Tellaerin

So I went ahead and picked up Saints Row 2 during this sale. (Yeah, I know, it's an older game, but it's been on my wishlist for awhile and I decided to pull the trigger.) Installed it and the Gentlemen of the Row mod, which I had heard fixes a bunch of issues.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this game about a thousand times as much as GTA IV? (And I didn't think GTA IV was particularly bad, either.) I've already sunk about 8 hours into the game, mostly running around the city doing races and other side missions.

smr00

Banned
No, that's Indie Gala.

The only deal i have seen is the Happy Hour deal.

So I went ahead and picked up Saints Row 2 during this sale. (Yeah, I know, it's an older game, but it's been on my wishlist for awhile and I decided to pull the trigger.) Installed it and the Gentlemen of the Row mod, which I had heard fixes a bunch of issues.

Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this game about a thousand times as much as GTA IV? (And I didn't think GTA IV was particularly bad, either.) I've already sunk about 8 hours into the game, mostly running around the city doing races and other side missions.

I think GTA IV is overrated, Saints Row 2 and 3 are much more fun in my opinion.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It's all personal preference. I beat GTA4 twice, but you couldn't pay me to play through SR2 ever again.

luiztfc

Is Dungeon Defenders worth it? I wanted a game to play with other 3 friends and bought Castle Crashers, but the lag was unbearable. And since I like Tower Defense type games, I thought about buying Dungeon Defenders.

Blizzard

Banned
The Fortix 2 music gets kind of old and I don't like these lava levels. Moving slow makes the game not very fun!

However, I just learned (or relearned?) that if you hold control down, you can sprint on the walls. It's like pressing S or F ot whatever to move faster in Ski Free! Of course you can't sprint to put walls down but that's life. I also can't find any sort of help or controls menu option that might tell me this...am I missing one?

I also tried to quit out of a second lava level and apparently that made me lose map progress and I have to do the first one AGAIN, rage.

You beat it twice? I had to struggle my ass to beat it once. The game was boring as hell.

I couldn't even beat it once, got bored after a few hours.

I understand they wanted to make a "serious" story, but I think it's a detriment to the game, the funny nonsensical stuff in games like Saints Row or the previous GTA make them much more fun imo.

Lain

I feel like I got trolled by believing the Garshasp games were worthwhile pickups since they were featured in the first posts of the last day of sales thread.
I started playing Garshasp: The Monster Slayer and I feel cheated out of my money even though I paid 0.99€. The game plays worse than it looks, and it looks like a shit-smeared ass.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like I got trolled by believing the Garshasp games were worthwhile pickups since they were featured in the first posts of the last day of sales thread.
I started playing Garshasp: The Monster Slayer and I feel cheated out of my money even though I paid 0.99€. The game plays worse than it looks, and it looks like a shit-smeared ass.
It always feels weirdly like a Stallion Free Steam thread injoke game, but due to something similar to Poe's Law I guess one can never be sure.

But your game count is higher because of it and lets be honest, that's what really matters.

I know there's been some talk of possibly lending games to another use, but has there ever been any talk of just giving away games from an account? Like, transferring the license to someone else?

Mairu

How many games are people idling at the same time? Or do some people still think it goes faster if you're only doing one game at a time?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
But it's 60 fps and 1080p. God of War 3/Ascension can't say the same.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how I feel about that game.
You should feel great. There's something about driving a truck through European highways and cities that relaxed me. I don't know, I didn't think it would be this great, even after enjoying the demo.

I was listening to one of the internet radios in-game when a Supertramp song started playing. That's it, a game can't get better than that. It can't.

EDIT: I just saw your avatar. I feel stupid now xD

Are you playing with a wheel?
Nope, 360 controller. I have one, but it sucks: digital pedals, and though it has many buttons, many of them are repeated and are actually recognized as the same.

I may have to buy a better one someday. And sadly I had to tone down the graphics a bit, my PC can't handle its awesomeness.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still regret I didn't get Euro Truck simulator from DunderHassan when he had it for $4.
I wasn't going to pick it up at first, but now I'm so glad I did.

10 hours since Friday. I can't really explain it either.
Seems like it has the potential to become an addiction. I don't know when if I'll play the other games I bought on this sale, I only know that I want to keep playing this one. The internet radios are a fantastic addition, whoever thought of including them in the game deserves a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom