• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teleglitch is $13 and those games were $1 last week. I doubt you're going to find a trade.
Damn, you're right. I guess everyone here buys Bundles? I was kind of hoping that maybe someone who hadnt gotten the games would be interested, but now that I think about it, any GAFfer who posts in a Steam thread probably buys every Bundle ever

Overdoziz

Banned
Well, finally finished my no-kill (and only) run of Dishonored. That was fun! The ending was a bit abrupt, but I guess it was a pretty decent ending and the game itself was very, very good. I might give it another shot some other day. I'd never done any sort of special run for any game (as in, no killing any enemies or something like that), so I feel kinda proud about this one
3AQmK.gif

That makes 7 games I've beaten since the end of the Steam sale. This weekend I'll go to the beach and next week I'll resume Tomb Raider. Playing games is actually fun! Who knew.
I should start playing that game again some time. I played a couple of hours a long time ago and just never came back.

Well, finally finished my no-kill (and only) run of Dishonored. That was fun! The ending was a bit abrupt, but I guess it was a pretty decent ending and the game itself was very, very good. I might give it another shot some other day. I'd never done any sort of special run for any game (as in, no killing any enemies or something like that)

Haha, I just did the exact opposite, I went out of my way to silently murder practically every living thing in every level in varied ways.... Had a blast, the movement in Dishonored is pure joy. I want to replay it or play the dlc but it crashes way too often at loading screens, driving me crazy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No it tends to add shitty particle effects that contrast harshly with the games art style and rarely seem to be effected by environment lighting. They are tack on and almost never planned by the actual game artists.
Depends on the game. Batman is not one of them, mirrors edge is supposed to have nice effects.
Welp, there's this video that compares Physx on/off in Arkham City. Skip to 33 seconds in.

That and Alice's hair in Madness Returns.
Its mostly eye candy stuff like particle physics and better fluid modeling. Its kind of a throwaway feature in most games. Borderlands 2 did some fun stuff with it, enemies melting into pools of acid etc. It also serves to make AMD users cry as it usually kills framerate as all the physics processing is dumped onto the cpu instead.

So essentially Batman uses it poorly. Kinda expected that for some odd reason lol

But in the end it's better to turn it off?

Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth - any good?

I've heard good things about CoC, kind of cult classic. From what I remember, it's Amnesia-esque with weapons, have to worry about your sanity, stuff like that

I've heard good things about CoC, kind of cult classic. From what I remember, it's Amnesia-esque with weapons, have to worry about your sanity, stuff like that

It's a very straightforward Lovecraft game. I'd get it on discount/sale. Controls are clunky. But I do give them props for writing an entertaining story that at least tries to do its own thing.

Also, Dagon, etc. are actual bosses.

The level design is horrible. Innsmouth is just a block of squares instead of an actual breathing town.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am kinda sad that Chronicles of Riddick is now removed from Steam :/ should have jumped on it when I could

The golden rule when it comes to a game using a licensed property in any fashion is to jump on it sooner rather than later.

Turfster

It's great until you get weapons. Then it turns rather bleh. Sadly, this happens all too quickly.

Tenrius

US-gaf: How much are the DOOM3 games? They are not available here.

Just use http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us (and replace US in the link with whatever your region is when you're done).

Have Spec Ops the Line
(will throw in Droplitz too if wanted)

Want
The Weekly Humble Bundle

Spec Ops: The Line essentially for $3.38 seems like a pretty good deal! I already have the game and finished it though, but surely there are some people who don't have it and they'd better pay attention to this.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My god man, I had the dry heaves upon entering that page. I pretty much hate all of the visual "upgrade" mods and sourceports for Quake, they just come off slapped together with no discretion and look awful.
http://qrp.quakeone.com/

The one and only. It is faithful. All effects aside from the upgraded yet faithful textures are fully optional and customizable, although for some reason I can't get water transparency working.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Haha, I just did the exact opposite, I went out of my way to silently murder practically every living thing in every level in varied ways.... Had a blast, the movement in Dishonored is pure joy. I want to replay it or play the dlc but it crashes way too often at loading screens, driving me crazy.
It's so satisfying when they turn to ash with Shadow Kill, I missed that effect the most during my no-kill run.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So guys, what should I get? The Quake pack + Quake IV ($12.48, that's a lot for these games so I'd prefer to wait for a deeper discount in the whole bundle) or the Heretic bundle ($2.49, never played them) and Papo & Yo ($3.74)? Or maybe none of this?

So guys, what should I get? The Quake pack + Quake IV ($12.48, that's a lot for these games so I'd prefer to wait for a deeper discount in the whole bundle) or the Heretic bundle ($2.49, never played them) and Papo & Yo ($3.74)? Or maybe none of this?

I have many fond memories of playing Hexen when I was younger.

Skullgirls
Spelunky
or
Guacamelee

I don't think I can afford all of them which one guys and gals, and no I don't really like fighters but I think I could make an exception here. Also might be worth noting that I really enjoyed About a Blob. Anyway I'm trying to figure out which one to get.

Skullgirls
Spelunky
or
Guacamelee

I don't think I can afford all of them which one guys and gals, and no I don't really like fighters but I think I could make an exception here. Also might be worth noting that I really enjoyed About a Blob. Anyway I'm trying to figure out which one to get.

If you don't really like fighters, you probably shouldn't buy the one that's a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom