• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that Papo & Yo discount is too good too soon. Bought it at release and havent played it yet. Been a while since something got a 75% discount this quick after release.

It's also pretty much the exact opposite of your Tropico criticism from yesterday... put it higher on your backlog list. Only takes 4 or 5 hours and it's a beautiful game, even if the gameplay portion is fairly straightforward.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Keen is way slower, way more vertical, and way more maze oriented than Mario.
But still great, is it? At least 1 and 4, as you said before :p

Jazz is more like Sonic than Keen is like Mario. You might like Keen more than Apogee's Crystal Caves though, but to be honest that game was pretty cool too so it could go either way.
Never played much of Crystal Caves either, but I loved the hell out of Secret Agent, which I believe ran on the same engine.

ZeroXZee

Anyone knows the deals for the next days?

And how is the Hexen/Heretic games?

Friday: Fallout Series with 75%
Saturday: Elder Scrolls Series with 40-75%
Sunday: Dishonored with 50% (not so sure about this one)

I never really played Heretic and the first Hexen, but i remember playing Hexen 2 demo in loop for 3 months! xD
It's a great game actually, and really cheap right now :)

I asked this earlier in the thread, but I think it got lost amid all the giveaways. I'm (relatively) new to PC gaming. What controllers do you guys recommend?

Been looking at this, can anyone recommend it?
71140HkGt2L._SL1500_.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U2XE8A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Grief.exe

In case you guys missed this, some potentially huge news in GFWL-gate.

5456a41d4076244a6c593cbb260c3384493a7727.jpg

Huge news! This is, honestly, probably one of the largest pieces of evidence we have seen yet.

This update just went through for Arkham City

• less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyonlaunch_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Added showcdkeyinmenu_macos – 0
  • less than a minute ago Changed changenumber – 259930 › 259939
  • 9 minutes ago Removed cddbfingerprint – -693650002
  • 9 minutes ago Changed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation –
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp200260\SteamKey › HKEY_CURRENT_USER

They turned off showing cd key on launch, which is a necessity for GFWL games.

From what I can tell, they also completely removed where the CD Key was previously stored. If they remove the key, then Securom's registry entry cannot reference it properly for activation limits. Need a little more evidence on this one.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SecuROM.

Thread: Steam Versions Batman:AA/AC & Bioshock 2 Adding Achievements, Removing GFWL/Securom?

iQ1GVeUAf8Abk.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Coming soon to Enhanced Steam:

eE85V0R.png

Turfster

Jill of the Jungle! Can I give you an internet high five? Amazing games, they defined my childhood along with Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (one day I gotta get past E2M2!), Secret Agent, Hocus Pocus and Duke Nukem 3D (already have it on Steam).
Internet high-fives are acceptable, yes ;)
I've been slowly rebuying all the stuff I have lying around on floppies as digital (which was mainly old Sierra and Lucasfilm/arts adventures), but there's a couple that seem to be lost to the vagaries of time.

hhhhhhnnnnggggg

Haven't even played Morrowind and the older ones.

Wow, that looks like a repackaged version of the original CD-ROMs for the first 3 games. Really hope they at least patched Daggerfall... ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Net Loss :((((

Why the hell is Rogue Warrior only 25% off? Bethesda, I am willing to pay you money for a BAD GAME. You don't understand. You failed at your job and I still want to give you money. You're selling mouldy bread. I am willing to buy it, even though it isn't edible. Take what you can get. 75% off or bust.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Megasoum

Banned

Why the hell is Rogue Warrior only 25% off? Bethesda, I am willing to pay you money for a BAD GAME. You don't understand. You failed at your job and I still want to give you money. You're selling mouldy bread. I am willing to buy it, even though it isn't edible. Take what you can get. 75% off or bust.

Because it's not an iD game so it's not part of the daily?

According to the quakecon stream, bethesda is discounting their games over the next couple of days. Not sure if it'll apply to rogue warrior, but it may see a better discount soon.

I love the old Apogee / Epic Megagames PC gaming. So many fond memories of me playing Hocus Pocus, Jill of the Jungle, Halloween Harry, Keen, Jazz, nostalgia to the max!

Grief.exe

Arkham City Registry app just updated again with a beta entry titled, 'Crash_Test.'

We could be getting real close.

Haha, I realized I already have all the games on sale from id save for Doom 3: BFG and one or two DLC. But why is there no new Wolfenstein?

Got removed when the IP changed hands to Bethesda.

Nokterian

Bought Quake Collection,Hexen- Herectic Collection and Wolfenstein pack. Got all my shooters now (bought the doom pack a few months ago when it was on sale) i have played since my younger days so good for 13 euro's total.

Oh god, don't forget Duke Nukem, Bio Menace and Monster Bash.
Of course not! Those were awesome too!

What's Boppin? Never heard of it.
Boppin is quite obscure really, it was a puzzle game.
There ya go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faySmvWjBNs

There was a "blood mode" that totally made my day back then.

Back to Epic, I'm remembering now of Solar Winds. Kinda want to play that game again, to check if it was good or not. I didn't understand a word of english back then and that game appeared to be quite heavy on text. I remember not knowing what the hell I should do.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I need a $7.50 foil card so I can buy the Quake pack with that money. Of course, someone would have to buy it soon, but the first thing is to get that foil. Any game will do, I don't care.

Then I gotta get a $5 one to buy Quake IV. That would be perfect.

This made me want a Apogee/Epic Megagames appreciation thread.
I second this. If I knew how to format it nicely, I'd do it myself.

Turfster

I wonder why Morrowind, its construction kit and its expansions are still on separate CDs. They could easily put all that on a single DVD.

I'm going with leftovers/coolness in the binder.
Arena, Daggerfall and Morrowind could easily fit on one DVD, after all.

I need a $7.50 foil card so I can buy the Quake pack with that money. Of course, someone would have to buy it soon, but the first thing is to get that foil. Any game will do, I don't care.
Not Anodyne or Go Home Dinosaurs then.
I've dropped my foils for those to 0.80€ in the hope of finally selling them, because I've had them for over a month and the prices have kept dropping and dropping...

chugen

the hell is wrong with these little girls in recettear, if you dont have money get out of my store, i dont care about your allowance bitch

Eternia

I love the old Apogee / Epic Megagames PC gaming. So many fond memories of me playing Hocus Pocus, Jill of the Jungle, Halloween Harry, Keen, Jazz, nostalgia to the max!
I didn't even understand Solar Winds back then but it was interesting. Epic Pinball was the stuff though and (I just looked it up) apparently they made One Must Fall: 2097 as well? Memories!

the hell is wrong with these little girls in recettear, if you dont have money get out of my store, i dont care about your allowance bitch
I literally gave stuff away to those cheapskates until I built enough rep with them. Got to give them a little taste of the goodies first before you can start robbing them blind.

I second this. If I knew how to format it nicely, I'd do it myself.

Great idea!

I might make one tomorrow if I can find the time to do so, unless someone else wants to - then just go ahead.

Was also thinking about perhaps making one big Shareware appreciation thread if there's interest in that since I think most of the exposure to these titles where from Shareware releases. There's an old thread that hasn't been active since 2007, so it should be ok to do a new one?

What do you think?

I didn't even understand Solar Winds back then but it was interesting. Epic Pinball was the stuff though and (I just looked it up) apparently they made One Must Fall: 2097 as well? Memories!
They made OMF indeed. It looked awesome but it played janky IMO, just like Apogee's Xenophage

I had the same problem with them yesterday.

Poor girl: I want an apple.
Me: 130.
Poor girl: Nope, lower please.
Me: 110?
Poor girl: I"M NOT MADE OF MONEY! *leaves*
Me: Well, screw you bitch! Don't come back.

On the other hand, the old guy is old so he accepts any high price you offer.

chugen

I literally gave stuff away to those cheapskates until I built enough rep with them. Got to give them a little taste of the goodies first before you can start robbing them blind.

yeah, i'll let them taste my candies before going to the next level, thanks.

also that game is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom