• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skullgirls
Spelunky
or
Guacamelee

I don't think I can afford all of them which one guys and gals, and no I don't really like fighters but I think I could make an exception here. Also might be worth noting that I really enjoyed About a Blob. Anyway I'm trying to figure out which one to get.

Spelunky is the pick there.

If you are not into fighters, Skullgirls isn't a great starting point.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It might be a case of nostalgia.
On the other hand, it's the price of a loaf of bread for 5 games.

I played about half an hour of the first one again earlier, and I had fun.
Sorry, but I'm not a fan of those kind of price comparisons. Sure, it may be cheaper than a trip to Disney, but if it's a bad game then I'd rather pay the latter than buy the game (never been to Disney, but still...)

Besides, saying it's cheaper than X thing doesn't take into consideration the usefulness of the things in question. A loaf of bread can help me avoid death by hunger, while a game can only help me avoid death by boredom (the second being more important, of course). I'm not mad at you, by the way, it's just that I've been jarred right now because I decided to read the Steam forums for impressions on Papo & Yo, and seeing those kind of comments got on my nerves. So if I sound harsh I apologize, that's not my intention at all.

All of this is theoretical, mind you, since the game is already on my cart and I'm debating whether or not to grab another thing too.

Turfster

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of those kind of price comparisons. Sure, it may be cheaper than a trip to Disney, but if it's a bad game then I'd rather pay the latter than buy the game (never been to Disney, but still...)
Sorry, I usually don't do them either. Anyway, they're definitely not bad games ;)

Salsa

Skullgirls
Spelunky
or
Guacamelee

same crusade, tho im pretty sure i'll only be able to get one

1) Spelunky

2) Skullgirls
3) Guacamelee

in terms of priority for me

also, I dont give a crap about how long a game is if the gameplay's good enough, but for those debating this into a "what can I get the most gameplay out of": Guacamelee is around 5 hours to beat I think? whereas with Spelunky or a fighter you pretty much set your own limit so theres that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Commander Keen $1.24? One of the first games i ever got on computer was Commander Keen.

Buying it with nostalgia goggles in full force.

I wonder if id/Bethesda will ever get around to adding Keen Dreams and Aliens Ate My Babysitter. It bothers me knowing that the series is incomplete!

Salsa

Skullgirls I might as well count it as $40 for me cause I can assure you that if I get it im gonna want to mod in the sanwa joystick fuckin yesterday. Stock already causes some headaches on MK and Skullgirls doesnt fuck around

There are too many good games coming out in august. :(

I know, for some reason I thought I was getting rest this month ;-;

Going to buy Pikmin 3, Dragon's Crown vita, and Spelunky Vita/PS3 but after that(although I pre-ordered X-Com and Castlevania) nothing until GTAV and then nothing after that until the next consoles. Self control protocols have been activated!

There are too many good games coming out in august. :(

ducktales.1363971225.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I got Papo y Yo with the soundtrack, since if the soundtrack is like the trailer music, it sounds pretty neat. For all I know there may not be much game there, but I figure it should at least be a surreal puzzle/environment game with a neat soundtrack.

And one day I will have to try Call of Cthulhu again. I have bitter memories of attempting it back on some old (AMD?) graphics card, and the screen was filled with giant diamonds presumably where raindrops were supposed to be, and no matter what I couldn't find any solution for my particular graphics card, so I never went further.

JaseC

Going to buy Pikmin 3, Dragon's Crown vita, and Spelunky Vita/PS3 but after that(although I pre-ordered X-Com and Castlevania) nothing until GTAV and then nothing after that until the next consoles. Self control protocols have been activated!

So no Halloween/Autumn Sale purchases for you, then?

JaseC

is the one on steam not complete? were those separate stories?

Keen Dreams is a "lost episode" while AAMB is the last episode of the series. The former in particular I'd like to see on Steam as it was my favourite of the bunch as a kid.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got Papo y Yo with the soundtrack, since if the soundtrack is like the trailer music, it sounds pretty neat. For all I know there may not be much game there, but I figure it should at least be a surreal puzzle/environment game with a neat soundtrack.
I'm thinking whether I should do the same (regular edition though). If I manage to sell my latest Mark of the Ninja card, I'll do it. Which is stupid, since it'll only cover $0.11 out of the $3.74 it costs, but I'm taking it as motivation to buy it.

Turfster

I wonder if id/Bethesda will ever get around to adding Keen Dreams and Aliens Ate My Babysitter. It bothers me knowing that the series is incomplete!

I know you're probably half joking, but I don't even want to imagine where the rights for those games are these days. Softdisk doesn't really exist anymore, having become a dialup ISP which then went belly up. FormGen got bought by GT Interactive, which got bought by Infogrames, which became Atari...

Acorn

I'm aiming to cut my purchases prior to gta too. Once gta is out I won't need another game for atleast two months. Currently contemplating a third run through gta 4 ( first on pc).

JaseC

I know you're probably half joking, but I don't even want to imagine where the rights for those games are these days. Softdisk doesn't really exist anymore, having become a dialup ISP which then went belly up. FormGen got bought by GT Interactive, which got bought by Infogrames, which became Atari...

Keen Dreams is now owned by Flat Rock and was actually recently released on Android. AAMBS is either attached to the corpse of Atari or buried somewhere at 3D Realms.

Turfster

Keen Dreams is now owned by Flat Rock and was actually recently released on Android. AAMBS is either attached to the corpse of Atari or buried somewhere at 3D Realms.

Yes. I can't see id/Bethesda hurrying to get something arranged for those 2 games, though, sadly.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So Fallout 3 will be $5 tomorrow? Do I need all the DLC for 3 and New Vegas for "Tale of Two Wastelands"? Just looked it up, and it does. Damn.

denx

So my OCD tendencies kicked in and I added a link to Mass Effect 3 in my Steam library. Any suggestion for a good grid icon for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom