• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently going through syberia.

i like it already .

game2013-08-0218-28-2xha61.png

game2013-08-0218-29-346aoa.png

Only complaint i have is that it is not playable in 1080p

Amazing game. I've completed the first one and half way through the second one now.

Milamber

3ayZWp7.png

Oh man, you never played Mindmaze?! It might have started in 96 or 98, but I had so much fun with that game. I'm really sad that there's no way to play it anymore.

EDIT: LOL Jase posted about it while I was grabbing that image AND we both used the same image.

The only "maze" I remember is Crystal Maze and being so frustrated as a kid, knowing I can do much better than the contestants.

Gvaz

Banned
Some feedback on Mars War Logs:

- Never found the
coin killer
, no one knew anything or didn't say anything. I have no idea what I was supposed to do.
- Game said to talk to Mary in Honor's Camp in chapter 3. Tried talking to her in camp with no one in my party, tried putting her in my party and talking to her in camp, tried putting her in my party and go elsewhere, nothing. She had nothing to say to me and at the end the game said I failed the quest when I went forward into the last zone.
- Had Devotion with me the entire time (which was basically just chapter 3), nothing. Couldn't advance her quest whatsoever.
- ended the game at lvl 26ish. Combat was fun except for situations when it wasn't, such as getting hit talents were buried away in a talent tree I never used and later didn't want anymore (stealth and melee) because technomancy was really the best route. Stealth would have been great on the infiltration level, except there was no reason to ever invest in stealth until then. Would have been nice to have a skill tree resetter
- didn't have enough to get all the skills? Feats?, never got the 6 point thing for the looting. The four point recycling skillpoint was useless. The 2? point one was useless and a waste too.
- final fight and segment had me going "that's it?"
- Button prompts never changed if you were using the controller, but they'd work just the same.
- game hitched a lot for a game that looked the way it does most of the time. erratic fps is kind of a downer
- voice acting for everyone but say like Honor, Charity, Roy, and Innocense was really, horribly bad. Like, really bad.
- fov was incredibly restrictive and frustrating at times. It should have been like 5 feet farther back.
- All the armors that you could customize were really ugly and boring. I liked customizing them, but the normal designs were just shit. Why couldn't I get that dude's technomancer robe? Why couldn't I get some sort of ronin armor out of Mad Max design?
- Only ever get batons? You could get some stuff with blades but they sucked or you couldn't modify them which makes them entirely worthless.
- it would be nicer to have chests contain things other than components. Some did, but not enough.
- Other than people liking you, there was no real reason not to siphon serum. You don't get a discount, but you make enough serum to make up for it, and frankly by the time you get the max rep rank the game is pretty much over so it doesn't really matter for anything. You can use it for like 3 zones, one of which you can't even use your companion against the boss
- the
worm
boss sucked. I just dodged everything and zapped him in the face because there really wasn't anything you could do. you couldn't hit his arms or anything, and dodging his attacks was kind of guess work. He leans back to his left, then he strikes with his right. Another time he leans back to his left, strikes with his left. I'm like what the fuck is this garbage. And if you didn't invest in technomancy (the only thing he's weak to) the fight would have sucked even harder.

I mean, I liked this game, but christ the game's quality just kind of sinks towards the end.

maneil99

Whats the difference between hydrophobia and Hydrophobia prophecy? It's in the gala bundle and looks cool. No cash but maybe in winter sale I'll nab it

those jaggies just sliced my eyes like papercuts

I know! Imagine it in-game, that's the other issue that seems to have occurred when I did all the steam conversion things.

So question repost: Is there an easier way to get Ice working for GTAIV on steam? Can it be updated? It's obviously fucked as the screenshot shows so I'd have to do the downgrade all over again *bangs head on desk*

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Some feedback on Mars War Logs:

- Never found the
coin killer
, no one knew anything or didn't say anything. I have no idea what I was supposed to do.
- Game said to talk to Mary in Honor's Camp in chapter 3. Tried talking to her in camp with no one in my party, tried putting her in my party and talking to her in camp, tried putting her in my party and go elsewhere, nothing. She had nothing to say to me and at the end the game said I failed the quest when I went forward into the last zone.
- Had Devotion with me the entire time (which was basically just chapter 3), nothing. Couldn't advance her quest whatsoever.
- ended the game at lvl 26ish. Combat was fun except for situations when it wasn't, such as getting hit talents were buried away in a talent tree I never used and later didn't want anymore (stealth and melee) because technomancy was really the best route. Stealth would have been great on the infiltration level, except there was no reason to ever invest in stealth until then. Would have been nice to have a skill tree resetter
- didn't have enough to get all the skills? Feats?, never got the 6 point thing for the looting. The four point recycling skillpoint was useless. The 2? point one was useless and a waste too.
- final fight and segment had me going "that's it?"
- Button prompts never changed if you were using the controller, but they'd work just the same.
- game hitched a lot for a game that looked the way it does most of the time. erratic fps is kind of a downer
- voice acting for everyone but say like Honor, Charity, Roy, and Innocense was really, horribly bad. Like, really bad.
- fov was incredibly restrictive and frustrating at times. It should have been like 5 feet farther back.
- All the armors that you could customize were really ugly and boring. I liked customizing them, but the normal designs were just shit. Why couldn't I get that dude's technomancer robe? Why couldn't I get some sort of ronin armor out of Mad Max design?
- Only ever get batons? You could get some stuff with blades but they sucked or you couldn't modify them which makes them entirely worthless.
- it would be nicer to have chests contain things other than components. Some did, but not enough.
- Other than people liking you, there was no real reason not to siphon serum. You don't get a discount, but you make enough serum to make up for it, and frankly by the time you get the max rep rank the game is pretty much over so it doesn't really matter for anything. You can use it for like 3 zones, one of which you can't even use your companion against the boss
- the
worm
boss sucked. I just dodged everything and zapped him in the face because there really wasn't anything you could do. you couldn't hit his arms or anything, and dodging his attacks was kind of guess work. He leans back to his left, then he strikes with his right. Another time he leans back to his left, strikes with his left. I'm like what the fuck is this garbage. And if you didn't invest in technomancy (the only thing he's weak to) the fight would have sucked even harder.

I mean, I liked this game, but christ the game's quality just kind of sinks towards the end.
I ran into like every issue you listed lol. And was disappointed by pretty much all the same things. I think the Coin Killer stuff in Act 3 is just straight up broken. There was one reference to it and I was never able to find the next like step for it.

Sober

I feel bad that I am not excited for Ducktales. I remember watching the show as a kid but I never knew there was a game.

Then again it was on the NES and I was probably 2 or 3 then.

itschris

Since I got a game from DyslexicAlucard, I figured I should give away some games myself. They should all work - the only key I'm a bit iffy on is Sword & Sworcery. I'm pretty sure it's good, but I thought I better warn everyone just in case. Also, Escape Goat is Desura, not Steam, I hope that's okay. I played it on Xbox Indie Games. It's a really good puzzle platformer, and there's a sequel coming out this year!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titan Quest -- MB-09B8DE0DF4C60EB1 - Taken by greendomo's ghost
Cogs -- MB-A5B2B73C710B3E0C
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-40789D174E3F6172 - Taken by Pestilence11
Escape Goat (Desura) -- MB-22B17B65060C9863 - Taken by Servizio
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-44CE57FFBF46A390 - Taken by omg_mjd
Nightsky -- MB-14CAE3A93D82C58E - Taken by Blablurn
Waking Mars -- MB-493DB8D43171A305 - Taken by denx

denx

Let me know how it goes, please. I'm interested in experiencing some Q3 multiplayer goodness again.

Check this out: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584084

In short, just download and install the Quake 3 Pro Installer. Install everything.

Note that the guide/faq that I posted says that you shouldn't install the Quake 3 1.32 executable if you are installing Q3 Pro in the Steam directory. That's because the Q3 Steam version executable has been modified so that the game can only be launched from Steam. However, you can safely overwrite the Q3 Steam exe with the original Q3 1.32 standalone exe. This will allow you to launch the game without having Steam running, use custom server browsers, and probably increase compatibility with servers that may be running older versions of the game.

So yeah, install all the contents from the Pro Installer. It will double the size of the game's folder (from 700 mb to 1.5 gb). The Pro Installer basically covers some basic ground when it comes to custom maps and servers, and should be considered as a sort of stepping stone towards getting more custom content.

Another thing, when entering the CD key in the game, use lowercases. The key won't work otherwise. Same with Team Arena. Also, you should allow automatic donwloads from the settings options.

And lastly, don't bother with setting up PunkBuster. Apparently PB doesn't support Q3 anymore.

EDIT: There is a program that supposedly allows you to change version on the fly (so you can go from 1.32 to 1.31 and so on). It's called Quake Switch or QSwitch. It should be pretty easy to find.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
"move to a country where people play our game" - every developer ever.

Yeah, it sucks for less popular games too. I never had problem finding EU people at any time of the day or night for games like SF4, but for games like Blazblue, there's only a handful of people during prime time

Skullgirls fanbase is in the vast majority in the US too.

Flunkie

Banned
Holy shit. Those DayZ blue Osprey Talon packs are the exact same daypack I have in real life. Had no idea they went for licensed backpacks this time.

Since I got a game from DyslexicAlucard, I figured I should give away some games myself. They should all work - the only key I'm a bit iffy on is Sword & Sworcery. I'm pretty sure it's good, but I thought I better warn everyone just in case. Also, Escape Goat is Desura, not Steam, I hope that's okay. I played it on Xbox Indie Games. It's a really good puzzle platformer, and there's a sequel coming out this year!

Woohoo! Thanks for Titan Quest!

omg_mjd

Since I got a game from DyslexicAlucard, I figured I should give away some games myself. They should all work - the only key I'm a bit iffy on is Sword & Sworcery. I'm pretty sure it's good, but I thought I better warn everyone just in case.

I won Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP! Thank you based itschris.

Blablurn

Thanks for Nightsky ^_^

mrgone

Don't worry, this game's alpha won't be out till September in the least, and even that's a sketchy prediction.

I hope this is the case! I'd figured it was pretty much imminent, but September/October would be much easier on my sanity :)

edit: "Rocket also gives a summary of why the Alpha isn't ready for release... yet" Eyyyy, that's the stuff.

There's still some keys left!

For those who're new because of the page, click here for my (Mostly) Humble DA Grab Bag!

Please note that some (or even many) codes may be dupes, because some sites don't keep track if a key was used and I can't remember where I got what games -- I have almost 1,000 on Steam.

Also, I'm considering doing another one of these but with Desura keys, which are much less likely to be dupes. Would it even be worth it? Would anyone care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom