• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The graphics look wonderful, but the animations are still the same.

The animations are still fucking awful. I feel like I'm watching Quake 3.

Apparently most of the new animations haven't been implemented yet.

Don't know if that has changed since E3. I kind of doubt it since they have been working on crushing the game crashing bugs since then to try to get a release ready.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's the (mostly) Humble DA Grab Bag!

I've slackened the rules, so grab what you want. But please note that some keys may not work because sites (like Indie Gala and Indie Royale) don't keep track of what you've already used. When you have nearly 1,000 games on Steam, you start to lose track where you bought everything. :p
Just saw the Cortex Command key in the indie key dump. Which reminded me of this thread. Some of the GIFs in there are amazing:

ThinkYouCanHide.gif

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10370&start=720

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Check this out: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=584084

In short, just download and install the Quake 3 Pro Installer. Install everything.

Note that the guide/faq that I posted says that you shouldn't install the Quake 3 1.32 executable if you are installing Q3 Pro in the Steam directory. That's because the Q3 Steam version executable has been modified so that the game can only be launched from Steam. However, you can safely overwrite the Q3 Steam exe with the original Q3 1.32 standalone exe. This will allow you to launch the game without having Steam running, use custom server browsers, and probably increase compatibility with servers that may be running older versions of the game.

So yeah, install all the contents from the Pro Installer. It will double the size of the game's folder (from 700 mb to 1.5 gb). The Pro Installer basically covers some basic ground when it comes to custom maps and servers, and should be considered as a sort of stepping stone towards getting more custom content.

Another thing, when entering the CD key in the game, use lowercases. The key won't work otherwise. Same with Team Arena. Also, you should allow automatic donwloads from the settings options.

And lastly, don't bother with setting up PunkBuster. Apparently PB doesn't support Q3 anymore.

EDIT: There is a program that supposedly allows you to change version on the fly (so you can go from 1.32 to 1.31 and so on). It's called Quake Switch or QSwitch. It should be pretty easy to find.
I'm going to do this later so I can get Q3 running perfectly, thanks! That said, I managed to connect to a few servers with the vanilla Steam version, but there were many that didn't let me.

eemijun

Neo Member
King's Bounty: The Legend Steam Key
King's Bounty: Armored Princess Steam Key

From the latest humble weekly sale, quote to see

hitoshi

There's still some keys left!

For those who're new because of the page, click here for my (Mostly) Humble DA Grab Bag!

Please note that some (or even many) codes may be dupes, because some sites don't keep track if a key was used and I can't remember where I got what games -- I have almost 1,000 on Steam.

Also, I'm considering doing another one of these but with Desura keys, which are much less likely to be dupes. Would it even be worth it? Would anyone care?

Sadly the Ship key was a duplicate, but thank you anyway!

Has anyone recently had issues with their wireless 360 controllers not calling up the big picture mode overlay when you hit the guide button? It seems like some recent update broke it for me.

Lain

It's the (mostly) Humble DA Grab Bag!

I've slackened the rules, so grab what you want. But please note that some keys may not work because sites (like Indie Gala and Indie Royale) don't keep track of what you've already used. When you have nearly 1,000 games on Steam, you start to lose track where you bought everything. :p

Thanks for Bunch of Heroes!

Edit: key doesn't work, says it's a duplicate QQ Oh well! Still thanks!

Salsa

im playing skullgirls straight up as if it was mahvel (comboing while throwing them in the air then juggling) and im killin it. Im guessing its full of newcomers who got the beta keys

Reposting before going away for a few hours.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King's Bounty Armored Princess -- MB-055651DEC2E3818E
Men Of War Red Tide -- MB-225E179496E52F27
Men Of War -- MB-44CC4CC86F18AD33

King's Bounty: The Legend Steam Key
From the latest humble weekly sale, quote to see

Took this one, thank you!

Also seeing how they say it's better to give than to receive...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cave Story Plus -- MB-D01B2D4AE6DC9076 - Taken by BorntoPlay
Legend of Grimrock -- MB-694BE88944FC21FE - Taken by Nabs

hitoshi

Okay here is another key I don't need

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Tiny Troopers -- MB-9E2140D2F799AC1A - Taken by Deques

There's still some keys left!

For those who're new because of the page, click here for my (Mostly) Humble DA Grab Bag!

Please note that some (or even many) codes may be dupes, because some sites don't keep track if a key was used and I can't remember where I got what games -- I have almost 1,000 on Steam.

Also, I'm considering doing another one of these but with Desura keys, which are much less likely to be dupes. Would it even be worth it? Would anyone care?

Thanks!

Bummer, it's a dupe.

Thanks greendomo's ghost!!... (great nickname, but who is greendomo??..XD)

Thanks! greendomo was the first account I tried to register, under my att address. But the verification email never came, so my account was stuck in limbo! So after two years of waiting and lurking, I created this account, and now I haunt the threads like I used to, but now I can post!

Gvaz

Banned

Deques

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is only $5 at the Sega Digital Store, redeems on Steam. Not the greatest game by a long shot, but probably worth the admission price if you're a fan of the Aliens universe.

http://us.download-shop.sega.com/buy-download-pc-games/Aliens:-Colonial-Marines(TM)-3072-38.html

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/se/en/pc/games/shooter/aliens-colonial-marines-and-season-pass/

The game plus the season pass for £7, lesser with this coupon GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

Turfster

oh shit : /

Exactly.
I was like "okay, it's free, I might as well try it, how bad can it be? Surely not worse than Duke Nukem Forever!" Little did I know... I think I spent 10 minutes watching an alien try to walk through a chest high block to get to me during a "tense" section...

Blablurn

Exactly.
I was like "okay, it's free, I might as well try it, how bad can it be? Surely not worse than Duke Nukem Forever!" Little did I know... I think I spent 10 minutes watching an alien try to walk through a chest high block to get to me during a "tense" section...

Damn! Guess I pass then :| Thanks for the info, mate!

Turfster

Have all the bethesda packs gone up ? : /

Swear the Wolfenstein one was about $7.50 yesterday. Same with the old school quakes and dooms.

Yesterday was id day. They were 1 day only offers.

Damn! Guess I pass then :| Thanks for the info, mate!

You're welcome. You're better off spending those 5$ on a game that's actually worth it. Maybe one of the bethesda deals if you don't have one of them yet, or one of the many indie/publisher bundles currently on offer on various sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom