• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

King's Bounty: Armored Princess -- MB-ACB1F46932C09D15 - Taken by The_Monk
King's Bounty: Crossworlds -- MB-2B35DBE2D09F0D62 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
King's Bounty: The Legend -- MB-D3F75D3568DEE70B - Taken by Dawg

From Humble Weekly, I don't need the King's Bounty games.

wilflare

I'm better off getting Fallout NV Ultimate Edition at $4 than trying to secure the DLCs right? I already have the base game (thanks JJB!!)

Does anyone know if FO3 (non GOTY) on Gamefly is Steam-redeemable?

I played Wake just now to get some cards. The game is kinda...

... the idea is there, but somehow the Game seems more like an Alpha or a Prototype than a full Game. I can see the potential, but somehow "something" was missing.

Autofokus

Congrats to Blizniak for winning the Giveaway!

To everyone else, I donated a few games for todays GAF Bingo (at least one yet unreleased game), so maybe you're more lucky there. :)

DagsJT

Good man, thank you! :) I assume it's usually WW versions for games from them ? I can only really think of games having separate Russian versions and that's about it really (well that and say some censored versions for Germany etc)

Yeah Titan will be $60 in the US, probably £40 in the UK for me (or maybe £35)

My concern is that SR4 might only have Portuguese language etc but I'll probably take a punt.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats to Blizniak for winning the Giveaway!

To everyone else, I donated a few games for todays GAF Bingo (at least one yet unreleased game), so maybe you're more lucky there. :)

\o/ Thanks a lot. Now I'll be able to check if my name ended up in the final game XD

Gbraga

I don't know what other languages are available, but I only play in english, and I ver got a game that forced me to play in portuguese. But again, can't say for sure, this one may be the exception. It's very unlikely, but who knows...

Enemy reinforcements coming out of nowhere and killing your general before you can react in Skulls of the Shogun makes me want to stop playing the game, awful design

Tomodachi

Just 100%ed FEZ. The person making something like this could be a nazi, I wouldn't care one bit. Definitely one of the defining games of my whole existence (lol).

Gbraga

It's Phil Fish.

image.php

didamangi

So I got Dust at launch day but only started playing it a few days ago, big regret...
why didn't I play this awesome game sooner?!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I am putting this here because I have to post about it somewhere. I had a dream that I made a video game. It was a role-playing adventure card/board game.

You create a character like an oldschool WRPG, roll stats, pick traits, customize appearance. The character is either a pickle or other fruits or vegetables. The plot is that you're running for election in the fruit/veggie kingdom.

The game is laid out like a board game--the whole fruit/veggie kingdom is divided into different spaces. Each turn you move to a space, like Arkham Horror really, and draw a card from the deck associated with that space. The card triggers an event.

Events play out I guess primarily like dialogue challenges from old WRPGs or adventure games. Say you're caught having an affair. You'll get many dialogue options, like early Fallout or Planescape or whatever, to respond to the allegations. And depending on your Charisma/Intelligence, you might have more or fewer options. And I'm picturing that visually the events would be expressed in large expressive 2D art panels, sort of like dialogue segments in Master of Orion or Civilization or early Fallout.

And I also pictured a stats page which would break down your support across the kingdom, like that Tomato Labourers are 85% likely to vote for you but you're losing support among Eggplants and women over 65. Species of fruits/vegetables could be an allegory for race relations.

(TM) DIS GAEM TRADEMARK OF STUMP INC 2013

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I am putting this here because I have to post about it somewhere. I had a dream that I made a video game. It was a role-playing adventure card/board game.

You create a character like an oldschool WRPG, roll stats, pick traits, customize appearance. The character is either a pickle or other fruits or vegetables. The plot is that you're running for election in the fruit/veggie kingdom.

The game is laid out like a board game--the whole fruit/veggie kingdom is divided into different spaces. Each turn you move to a space, like Arkham Horror really, and draw a card from the deck associated with that space. The card triggers an event.

Events play out I guess primarily like dialogue challenges from old WRPGs or adventure games. Say you're caught having an affair. You'll get many dialogue options, like early Fallout or Planescape or whatever, to respond to the allegations. And depending on your Charisma/Intelligence, you might have more or fewer options. And I'm picturing that visually the events would be expressed in large expressive 2D art panels, sort of like dialogue segments in Master of Orion or Civilization or early Fallout.

And I also pictured a stats page which would break down your support across the kingdom, like that Tomato Labourers are 85% likely to vote for you but you're losing support among Eggplants and women over 65. Species of fruits/vegetables could be an allegory for race relations.

If you put this up on Greenlight as a concept, I'd upvote it.

You create a character like an oldschool WRPG, roll stats, pick traits, customize appearance. The character is either a pickle or other fruits or vegetables.

Bought.

EGGPLANT WIZARD 2014

FloatOn

Whatever you're smoking, I want it.

(I would absolutely play this game and rule the world as King Avacado with an iron fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom