• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, the Scorsese profile pic you are using is very good and makes Sorcsese look really cute. The other 2-3 pics of Scorsese you were using before this one made her look so damn ugly that i almost puked on the keyboard every damn time I looked at it.

tumblr_mkziy9al961r2sgxal2.gif

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Ok, since I already beat Fez and got a sizable amount of what it has to offer (got more of the collectibles today), I decided to take a peek on the solutions for the more cryptic puzzles.
Finding a code only to somehow figure out you have to convert it to binary, then to hexadecimal, then to ASCII?
Some of this stuff is ridiculous. :lol Looking at articles and seeing how it took a community effort spanning many days to decode
the monolith
, I guess in hindsight it was slightly pretentious of me to assume I'd be able to solve this on my own, heh. I'd endure this level of deciphering if it was the only game I was allowed to play for the rest of my life but I'll have to surrender when it comes to the extreme optional ones lest I risk soiling the good time I had with it. I'm still very fond of the game though, it contains more than enough "reasonable" content to keep you going.

Why of course! Hollandsche glorie!

hmm.

I never liked the fact that Dutch outlets thought Killzone was good because it was Dutch, in particular when the oversees criticism was that it was too bug-ridden. Which unfortunately, was very much true when I played it. (virtual ones, not the Truthjunky kind)

That said, it might have been the difference getting a sequel and being abandoned. I do wonder why Sony specifically made that game one of its flagship franchises. Must have been a hard sell, is all I'm saying.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Hope Dunder gets more copies of Rayman Legends in soon, $12.50 ? Not too shabby, would get a couple of copies for that price.

JaseC

I have a good feeling that HL3 will hit store shelves in 2014.

I'd be surprised if the initial release date announcement is outside of the 10th anniversary of HL2 by a week in either direction. Even if such an announcement does come to pass, though, a slip isn't out of the question (Portal 2 was moved from Holiday 2010 to February 2011 and again to April, for example).

cicero

JaseC, the Scorsese profile pic you are using is very good and makes Sorcsese look really cute. The other 2-3 pics of Scorsese you were using before this one made her look so damn ugly that i almost puked on the keyboard every damn time I looked at it.

dGbDTrC.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Ok, since I already beat Fez and got a sizable amount of what it has to offer (got more of the collectibles today), I decided to take a peek on the solutions for the more cryptic puzzles.
Finding a code only to somehow figure out you have to convert it to binary, then to hexadecimal, then to ASCII?
Some of this stuff is ridiculous. :lol Looking at articles and seeing how it took a community effort spanning many days to decode
the monolith
, I guess in hindsight it was slightly pretentious of me to assume I'd be able to solve this on my own, heh. I'd endure this level of deciphering if it was the only game I was allowed to play for the rest of my life but I'll have to surrender when it comes to the extreme optional ones lest I risk soiling the good time I had with it. I'm still very fond of the game though, it contains more than enough "reasonable" content to keep you going.

The first spoilered thing is actually funny--you can solve the puzzle without doing any of that due to a glitch in how it's implemented. So I choose to ignore that particular solution and go for the easier glitch solution. I solved it without realizing that how you solved it, only after I fully completed the game did I realize I had short-cutted it.

JaseC

I use it in a mocking satirical way. I despise the word myself.

I remember I was on the bus to school one afternoon and one of my mates literally said "ROFL" instead of just, uh, laughing. It was a very awkward moment.

He now works at Google AU, though, so I suppose he really did get the last laugh. ;)

This bethesda sale has been perfect timing. Literally just ordered my pc, coming in the next week, and jumped on steam a few days ago to start building my steam library from it's pitiful handful of games I've acquired randomly over the years. I'll come out the weekend with Rage, Dishonored, Fallout, and Skyrim. Pretty decent start. I think I'm going to love pc gaming.

Nymphae

Banned
I have a good feeling that HL3 will hit store shelves in 2014.

Do people still think this is coming out? Have they ever directly said they were working on this? I mean, the cliffhanger ending of Ep. 2 would certainly imply that, but I have completely lost hope.

Fuu

The first spoilered thing is actually funny--you can solve the puzzle without doing any of that due to a glitch in how it's implemented. So I choose to ignore that particular solution and go for the easier glitch solution. I solved it without realizing that how you solved it, only after I fully completed the game did I realize I had short-cutted it.
Haha, I think this is what happened to me and it's the reason why I felt compelled to check online. I was casually rotating the room and suddenly the
red cube
appeared out of nowhere. I got curious about what was the right way to do it and looked online to see what exactly had I done. Pretty funny. I didn't know it was a glitch though, I just assumed I managed to do the sequence by accident.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Haha, I think this is what happened to me and it's the reason why I felt compelled to check online. I was casually rotating the room and suddenly the
red cube
appeared out of nowhere. I got curious about what was the right way to do it and looked online to see what exactly had I done. Pretty funny. I didn't know it was a glitch though, I just assumed I managed to do the sequence by accident.

If you are playing on controller and you tap the triggers along with the sequence in the sky, you'll unlock it. One of the subsets of the sequence happens to be the code itself. D'oh.

Fuu

If you are playing on controller and you tap the triggers along with the sequence in the sky, you'll unlock it. One of the subsets of the sequence happens to be the code itself. D'oh.
Ah right, I get it now. The final sequence is so short and simple, it's funny how the implementation being convoluted sort of worked against it.

MikeDown

Banned
Do people still think this is coming out? Have they ever directly said they were working on this? I mean, the cliffhanger ending of Ep. 2 would certainly imply that, but I have completely lost hope.
I'll work on finding the source but Gabe said they are working on Ricochet 2, which we all know is code for the next installment of Half-Life. We prolly won't see anything till after source 2 is revealed.

JaseC

Thought he was going to keep it open, just not advertise in the B/S/T thread and do all of his business through his Google doc store.

The impression I got from his posts on the matter was that the Google Doc store is a means to an end -- i.e. a way of addressing demand to a realistically manageable extent -- and that, now he's graduated and is on the path to forging a professional career, will shut up shop completely when Real Life(tm) begins to demand much of his attention.

Perhaps I misinterpreted, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom