• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorskin

----- ------
Anyone care to explain why
image.php
is a meme now?

My name is Sayid Jarrah, and I am a torturer

I dont get it either. Infinite Nine's avatar was a much better meme.

No.

Kifimbo

Reposting for the morning crowd.

Originally Posted by ModBot

Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gratuitous Space Battles -- MB-69AB24DB6C0CA035

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rayman Origins -- MB-458ECBBC4CC4BFDD - Taken by cicero

Good luck.

Freezard

I figured it was about time I dipped my toes in the Steam trading waters. I found offers of Rayman Legends for 8 TF2 keys (~$17), so I though it'd be a good introductory point. (I had to add USD$25 to my Wallet to get the keys, but that's money I'd spend sooner rather than later, anyway.)

Nice giveaway :) But why would someone offer a $40 game for keys worth $17? Is this common or what o_O

KiDdYoNe

Nice one, JaseC.

Gonna get rid of my PS3 version if i'll win and you will see what happens next.

Nice giveaway :) But why would someone offer a $40 game for keys worth $17? Is this common or what o_O

And even make profit from it. Not everywhere 40$ game is 40$ ;)

JaseC

The bloke's profile didn't mention a location, but I assume it's an Eastern Euro copy (don't worry, there are no region-specific subs).

Woah, thanks. Fingers crossed :p
Nice, thanks a lot!
Sent my entry in JaseC, I'm sure I was 10 people late though!
Nice give away fellow country man :D
Thanks for the raffle, Jase! Love some Rayman!
Amazing giveway JaseC

No worries. :)

Games are often >%50 cheaper in russia. If russians sell it for 8 keys they still make a little profit. That doesn't always work since bigger releases often have russia specific versions that are region locked.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Installing my old retail PC copy of Stranglehold (i have a soft spot for it and replay it from time to time). I keep forgetting how it's one of the few games that I either need to keep cd in the drive or use a NO CD crack for. It never had a digital release did it ?

The_Monk

Very kind of you fellow GAFfer JaseC I did not enter myself because I still have the first one to finish (and I have it on Vita, it's great on the Oled screen *runs*).

fantomena

Oh fuck. I forgot that I already have Rayman Origins on Steam. What do I do if I win? Give it away again?

Edit: I did not win, good.

JaseC

Installing my old retail PC copy of Stranglehold (i have a soft spot for it and replay it from time to time). I keep forgetting how it's one of the few games that I either need to keep cd in the drive or use a NO CD crack for. It never had a digital release did it ?

Not as far as I can tell, and I assume it's EOL too as Amazon's listings are fulfilled via affiliates.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I am putting this here because I have to post about it somewhere. I had a dream that I made a video game. It was a role-playing adventure card/board game.

You create a character like an oldschool WRPG, roll stats, pick traits, customize appearance. The character is either a pickle or other fruits or vegetables. The plot is that you're running for election in the fruit/veggie kingdom.

The game is laid out like a board game--the whole fruit/veggie kingdom is divided into different spaces. Each turn you move to a space, like Arkham Horror really, and draw a card from the deck associated with that space. The card triggers an event.

Events play out I guess primarily like dialogue challenges from old WRPGs or adventure games. Say you're caught having an affair. You'll get many dialogue options, like early Fallout or Planescape or whatever, to respond to the allegations. And depending on your Charisma/Intelligence, you might have more or fewer options. And I'm picturing that visually the events would be expressed in large expressive 2D art panels, sort of like dialogue segments in Master of Orion or Civilization or early Fallout.

And I also pictured a stats page which would break down your support across the kingdom, like that Tomato Labourers are 85% likely to vote for you but you're losing support among Eggplants and women over 65. Species of fruits/vegetables could be an allegory for race relations.

(TM) DIS GAEM TRADEMARK OF STUMP INC 2013

Needs to be cross posted into this thread.

Will buy...
as long as Obsidian writes the dialogue.

fantomena

JaseC, the Scorsese profile pic you are using is very good and makes Sorcsese look really cute. The other 2-3 pics of Scorsese you were using before this one made her look so damn ugly that i almost puked on the keyboard every damn time I looked at it.

wilflare

Sonic is one awesome racer omgawd. love it!

btw... I'm using a DS3 to play Skullgirls :/ I can't seem to pull off some combos :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom