• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
For future reference, you can encode multiple keys into one key pack by doing something like:

Dungeons of Dredmor Plus DLC - KEY1-1111-1111 KEY2-2222-2222

I tried this key but it said invalid. LAME GIVEAWAY!

The second one too! OMG.

Wait a minute, what kind of key is all one number? Lol Steam, no wonder they were already taken.

Modbot just does that.

What was the total prize pack you won?

Everything listed plus the second Dungeons of Dredmor DLC pack, which is the only thing I didn't yet own. (Stupid Steam sales making me buy all the things.)

Hmm, wonder if it's worth remaking the giveaway to combine the game and DLC. I actually have no idea how essential the DLC is to the game so maybe it's okay to give away the two separately?

denx

I don't even play dota

Yet I've been watching The International all day

My backlog is crying out to go through it

But I'm like "nope, TI"

help

Exuro

I don't even play dota

But I'm like "nope, TI"

help
This is how I am, although I've played a few matches and would like to play more but am still nervous clicking the find a match button.

hitmon

So I won one of the GAF bingo rounds! Unfortunately it wasn't the round I was hoping to win in, but prizes are prizes. So I'm giving away everything I already own!

NOTE: That second Dungeons of Dreadmor key is ACTUALLY the Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC. I followed ModBot's instructions for titles with dashes in them, so I'm not sure if everything's actually okay for that one or if I screwed up. Hopefully there are no problems!

Sleeping Dogs is awesome. Nice to see more people will play it.

liezryou

I don't even play dota

But I'm like "nope, TI"

help

lol, too much backlog but gotta watch ti3 :D

This is how I am, although I've played a few matches and would like to play more but am still nervous clicking the find a match button.

Try the tutorial or play vs bots first to learn, you can also add me, i'd be happy to help a newbie.

Razorskin

----- ------
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition -- MB-B8CA76C7B05A6597 - Taken by XShagrath
good luck

So I won one of the GAF bingo rounds! Unfortunately it wasn't the round I was hoping to win in, but prizes are prizes. So I'm giving away everything I already own!

NOTE: That second Dungeons of Dreadmor key is ACTUALLY the Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC. I followed ModBot's instructions for titles with dashes in them, so I'm not sure if everything's actually okay for that one or if I screwed up. Hopefully there are no problems!

Why oh why did I do ModBot this week.

Why did I not wait.

Oh, the folly of man.

Cth

Jeez.. I need to stop playing Rogue Legacy.

Halfway through the achievements, Level 102 and still only beat one of the four bosses.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I replayed Arkham Asylum and Arkham City over the past two weeks. Asylum is definitely the better game, but combat got quite a bit better in City and getting around was a bit better. But the things to see in Asylum were so much more exciting, all the small references to villains. So good.

Fox318

The next groupees bundle
mYlssBR.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remastered and Yatagarasu Attack. The first 2 games have steam cards.

Thank you for Cubemen Dimitri!

This I'm curious about the details.

that looks cool

denx

so I manage to tear myself apart from The International for some gametime. I go to the internet just for 10 minutes to look up something, end up watching Quakecon.

well shit

Jesus! DOTA2 has passed the 400k concurrent player base.

It almost hit the 500k mark earlier in the day.

Gvaz

Banned
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-82DCD6946C505491
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-2208E54A928B968D - Taken by cammy84
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD -- MB-E7EC4198D750D381 - Taken by Cloudius12
Dungeons the Dark Lord -- MB-DBFAAB03B6A5927F - Taken by Cyberquake
Disciples III Renaissance -- MB-84CFC321DE760255 - Taken by jshackles
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise -- MB-67EDD773FEE2ECE4 - Taken by intheinbetween
Cargo Commander -- MB-C7356F75336FE026 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Zeno Clash -- MB-023E63249CC74439 - Taken by sibarraz
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-D6F6E1A81C2EDBA7 - Taken by fantomena

Oniken is actually a DESURA key, just so you know.

Oniken is still available!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
WoW is sitting at 8 million total subscribers now last time I checked GAF? LoL has 5 million concurrent. Think about that.

Why does LoL have so many more players?

Unless I'm way out of mark here, It was a paid game, it had a small amount of characters, became F2P rapidly after being released, it has characters behind the pay wall...

Other than being an easier take on the (original) DOTA gameplay, I don't understand why it's so popular.

Everybody and their mother plays LoL in Brazil, and I can't understand why they would, then there's Dota 2.

Sajjaja

Unless I'm way out of mark here, It was a paid game, it had a small amount of characters, became F2P rapidly after being released, it has characters behind the pay wall...

Other than being an easier take on the (original) DOTA gameplay, I don't understand why it's so popular.

Everybody and their mother plays LoL in Brazil, and I can't understand why they would, then there's Dota 2.

Yeah I'm kinda confused how it has 10x more than its rival.

Momentary

Banned
WoW is sitting at 8 million total subscribers now last time I checked GAF? LoL has 5 million concurrent. Think about that.

Yeah... but this is 500,000 people online at one time. There's no telling how many individuals there are in total.

LoL sits at around 1.3 million online at one time at its peak throughout the day.

denx

I think it's because they are already invested in the game. LoL came out first, and over the years the people that play the game have unlocked a lot of heroes, runes and items either by playing the game for shit tons of hours or by paying money. It's not easy to change game when you have that sort of time/money investment.

There's also the fact that LoL is easier to get into.

Sajjaja

Yeah... but this is 500,000 people online at one time. There's no telling how many individuals there are in total.

LoL sits at around 1.3 million online at one time at its peak throughout the day.

But there is a very popular statistic that said LoL reached 5 mill CONCURRENT. And what do you mean by "in total?"

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah I'm kinda confused how it has 10x more than its rival.

From the (very little) that I understand, it's a more streamlined experience than DOTA, but it's heavily based on DOTA, while DOTA 2 is a straight up ripoff of everything DOTA, including crazy Warcraft 3 engine limitations that became the norm.

While I understand that making a game like this more accessible is somewhat of a necessity (not really, I guess, right Valve?), I don't see how that can create a, as you said, 10x difference in userbase.

LoL is out in China while Dota 2 isn't, right?

Edit: Now we need to figure out this 5 million LoL userbase vs 40 million Steam users (hey, the game is free, every Steam user has the game, right? :D). The more important number is the concurrent users. If it's 500 vs 1.5mil, that's more understandable.

Sajjaja

From the (very little) that I understand, it's a more streamlined experience than DOTA, but it's heavily based on DOTA, while DOTA 2 is a straight up ripoff of everything DOTA, including crazy Warcraft 3 engine limitations that became the norm.

While I understand that making a game like this more accessible is somewhat of a necessity (not really, I guess, right Valve?), I don't see how that can create a, as you said, 10x difference in userbase.

There are Chinese teams in TI3. Doesn't that mean DOTA 2 is in China? Orrr............... D:

Freezard

Edit: Now we need to figure out this 5 million LoL userbase vs 40 million Steam users (hey, the game is free, every Steam user has the game, right? :D). The more important number is the concurrent users. If it's 500 vs 1.5mil, that's more understandable.

LoL is not on Steam you mixed em up, DOTA 2 is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom