• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
I decided to go with a $15.00 copy of Rayman Legends and Papers, Please. I'll pick up Dragon Commander, Saints Row IV, XCOM The Bureau, and Lost Planet 3 when the complete editions hit 75% off.

Might also pick up Spelunky and Guac later... and by later I mean the day they are released.

This guy knows how to Steam!

Do you!
Other equally priced games I'm interested in are The Ball, Morrowind, Super House of Dead Ninjad, and Dustforce. But would prefer Papers, Please or Morrowind GOTY

I won't clutter this thread with any more trade-related posts. If you're interested, I also posted in the Trading thread

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I decided to go with a $15.00 copy of Rayman Legends and Papers, Please. I'll pick up Dragon Commander, Saints Row IV, XCOM The Bureau, and Lost Planet 3 when the complete editions hit 75% off.

Might also pick up Spelunky and Guac later... and by later I mean the day they are released.

Wait what did I miss, $15 Rayman Legends?

Echoplx

Other equally priced games I'm interested in are The Ball, Morrowind, Super House of Dead Ninjad, and Dustforce. But would prefer Papers, Please or Morrowind GOTY

I won't clutter this thread with any more trade-related posts. If you're interested, I also posted in the Trading thread

It was a BTA game in the indiegala magicka recently, which according to wikipedia had an average price of $4.50, it's also been cheaper in the past. 'equal value' doesn't really work well with digital games that go on sale so frequently.

then again you are the guy who tried to trade keys he was given for free for other games.

NIN90

I highly doubt you will find someone to trade Painkiller with because
a) it's been on sale like a million times by now (for much lower than Paper, Please) and everyone who would be interested already owns it
and b) I sincerely doubt anyone has a spare copy of these games sitting in their inventory since they they were never featured in any kind of bundle to my knowledge.

Eanan

I highly doubt you will find someone to trade Painkiller with because
a) it's been on sale like a million times by now (for much lower than Paper, Please) and everyone who would be interested already owns it
and b) I sincerely doubt anyone has a spare copy of these games sitting in their inventory since they they were never featured in any kind of bundle to my knowledge.
Judging by all his other trade requests, hes just chancing his arm on the off chance some poor soul comes along and doesn't happen to know the real value of those very average bundle games hes offering.

Judging by all his other trade requests, hes just chancing his arm on the off chance some poor soul comes along and doesn't happen to know the real value of those very average bundle games hes offering.
Thing is, I can't buy like six Humble Bundles and every game that's on sale and have a huge collection of keys and inventory gifts like most people here. I literally only have two keys so I might as well give it a chance. Got nothing to lose

Grief.exe

Thing is, I can't buy like six Humble Bundles and every game that's on sale and have a huge collection of keys and inventory gifts like most people here. I literally only have two keys so I might as well give it a chance. Got nothing to lose

Not everyone has that, the majority of people here wouldn't fall under that description.

Most of us just trade fair value for other games.

Darkroronoa

I picked Aztaka from groupees after toma recommended it a few pages back,this game is really good!
I played about 3 hours already and i loved it!Definitely worth it for such a low price.
So glad i didn't let this one slip into the backlog forever!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Not everyone has that, the majority of people here wouldn't fall under that description.

Most of us just trade fair value for other games.

Now I feel bad for posting my huge list of leftover keys and wanting to trade a bunch of them (like, 8 or something) for Papers, Please... :(

maneil99

Not sure what Dunder is selling it for but I can get dragon commander for 19.21$

Catshade

And someone who has Papers, Please has the most to lose...not really a fair trade, don't you think? You might get a quicker and better response if you're trading bundled games for other bundled games.

Ok guys, I can't guarantee that all of these keys are unused. I'm really sorry if you get a duplicate key.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Penny Arcade The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 #2 -- MB-10288AD546A48091 - Taken by wilflare
Darwinia -- MB-CD10BBFC9A4D3E9E - Taken by Accent
IBomber -- MB-28B2E5F586FE6351 - Taken by fantomena
Penny Arcade The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 -- MB-103BFB51C1598B68 - Taken by Freezard
Multiwinia -- MB-FD7E06D280C9DE50 - Taken by alr1ght
Ticket to Ride USA1910 DLC -- MB-32DE8019072BDD27 - Taken by Cth - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
Cubemen -- MB-F28607965E4400BB - Taken by didamangi
Red Faction Armageddon DLC -- MB-2938E3464C16DBCF
Blackwell Bundle -- MB-94746DFF07DC3FEE - Taken by JakeD

Grief.exe

Now I feel bad for posting my huge list of leftover keys and wanting to trade a bunch of them (like, 8 or something) for Papers, Please... :(

Well, if they can be construed as equal value. I didn't look.

Like Paypal? Or equally priced games? Can't do Paypal either, unfortunately

Equally priced games.

http://www.steamprices.com/us

If they have been in a humble bundle, then the value will be diminished.

didamangi

The next groupees bundle
mYlssBR.jpg

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remastered and Yatagarasu Attack. The first 2 games have steam cards.

Ok guys, I can't guarantee that all of these keys are unused. I'm really sorry if you get a duplicate key.

Thank you for Cubemen Dimitri!

liezryou

Not sure what Dunder is selling it for but I can get dragon commander for 19.21$

It's not only you, but has anyone else taken a look at the buy/sell/trade thread lately? Ever since dunder 'quit' from neogaf and then when it was exposed how he was selling so cheaply, there have been masses of people trying to sell steam gifts on buy/sell/trade thread 'cheap' when actually its quite more profitable then what dunder was doing.

Kinda hits a nerve when those same people complaining about dunder's feedback sent him packing from that thread.

maneil99

It's not only you, but has anyone else taken a look at the buy/sell/trade thread lately? Ever since dunder 'quit' from neogaf and then when it was exposed how he was selling so cheaply, there have been masses of people trying to sell steam gifts on buy/sell/trade thread 'cheap' when actually its quite more profitable then what dunder was doing.

Kinda hits a nerve when those same people complaining about dunder's feedback sent him packing from that thread.

What happened with dunder?

Well, if they can be construed as equal value. I didn't look.

Equally priced games.

http://www.steamprices.com/us

If they have been in a humble bundle, then the value will be diminished.
Oh, I was going by the Steam prices. Yeah, that trade isn't fair, forget it. Other bundled or discounted games I was interested were The Ball, not sure about the others

Ok, on other note...woo hoo 7 Day FPS 2013!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/02/second-round-7-day-fps-2013

Last year brought us Receiver and other unique games so I can't wait to see what cool concepts we'll see this year

liezryou

What happened with dunder?

Basically everyone was raging on the buy/sell/trade thread that there was so much feedback for dunderhassan other sellers were getting their posts buried. So he packed up and move to google docs for his business.

He himself said that that wasn't the reason.

Oh please, we all know he only said that because hes really nice and he doesn't want to point fingers or cause any arguments. That IS the reason he all of a sudden got up and left to google docs.

chixdiggit

Basically everyone was raging on the buy/sell/trade thread that there was so much feedback for dunderhassan other sellers were getting their posts buried. So he packed up and move to google docs for his business.

Oh please, we all know he only said that because hes really nice and he doesn't want to point fingers or cause any arguments. That IS the reason he all of a sudden got up and left to google docs.

Do you have link to his google docs? I had it and lost it.

Grief.exe

Oh, I was going by the Steam prices. Yeah, that trade isn't fair, forget it. Other bundled or discounted games I was interested were The Ball, not sure about the others

Ok, on other note...woo hoo 7 Day FPS 2013!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/08/02/second-round-7-day-fps-2013

Last year brought us Receiver and other unique games so I can't wait to see what cool concepts we'll see this year

Have you seen 7 Days to Die?

Looks really interesting, their Kickstarter is about to be fully funded.

So I won one of the GAF bingo rounds! Unfortunately it wasn't the round I was hoping to win in, but prizes are prizes. So I'm giving away everything I already own!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-74E768BE8D28FC8C - Taken by Kifimbo
Dungeons of Dreadmor -- MB-F74041406ED08B5B - Taken by 73V3N
Dungeons of Dreadmor #2 -- MB-A5DE70E21CF1DD48 - Taken by Terra_Ex

NOTE: That second Dungeons of Dreadmor key is ACTUALLY the Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC. I followed ModBot's instructions for titles with dashes in them, so I'm not sure if everything's actually okay for that one or if I screwed up. Hopefully there are no problems!

Grief.exe

So I won one of the GAF bingo rounds! Unfortunately it wasn't the round I was hoping to win in, but prizes are prizes. So I'm giving away everything I already own!

NOTE: That second Dungeons of Dreadmor key is ACTUALLY the Realm of the Diggle Gods DLC. I followed ModBot's instructions for titles with dashes in them, so I'm not sure if everything's actually okay for that one or if I screwed up. Hopefully there are no problems!

Modbot just does that.

What was the total prize pack you won?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For future reference, you can encode multiple keys into one key pack by doing something like:

Dungeons of Dredmor Plus DLC - KEY1-1111-1111 KEY2-2222-2222

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom