• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

it's just easier to get into

I played lol once and got hooked, I played dota after playing lol for a year and a half and I was lost beyond help

also people play the multiplayer games their friends are playing, so lol's playerbase just snowballs off the huge amount of people already playing it.

it's the same as call of duty

also waifus

Oh yes the waifus in LoL are also very important.

Dota 2 waifus are alright but they ain't got nothing on LoL waifus.

Card Boy

Banned
Why does LoL have so many more players?

Unless I'm way out of mark here, It was a paid game, it had a small amount of characters, became F2P rapidly after being released, it has characters behind the pay wall...

Other than being an easier take on the (original) DOTA gameplay, I don't understand why it's so popular.

Everybody and their mother plays LoL in Brazil, and I can't understand why they would, then there's Dota 2.

* LoL has being out for 4 years longer
* Game is very casual and easier to get into
* More maps
* Riot has players by the balls, the more they invest in their accounts the harder it is to let go
* More marketing
* Characters have more charm to both males and females
* Matchmaking takes 5 seconds.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oh yes the waifus in LoL are also very important.

Dota 2 waifus are alright but they ain't got nothing on LoL waifus.

it's a special kind of pleasure the one you get from saving up for weeks to be able to buy yourself a new waifu

ain't nothing dota can do to compete with that

I also kinda appreciate lol not being on steam so there's no recording of the amount of life I've dedicated to that game

Wok

I'm thinking about playing DoTA 2 because you have to have a lot of MOBA playtime to even comprehend what's going on in a tourney. But the match times combined with the stories about the community really put me off.

Oddly enough, I had none of those issues with Awesomenauts.

Another problem is it will suck all your freetime.

Knowing my luck, if I choose to wait, the game will be a Daily and then :weed: will crash. But then again, luck seems to be on my side today, so...

I would sell now.
- It looks like the price right now is around the avarage of what it sold for in the past
- There is no way to predict where the price will go in the near future, next week could be +-$5 just randomly, but if it was on sale the price would definitely go down
- Speculating on the Steam market is recipe for disaster

Cash out now and look at it like you just found $15 lying around.

it's a special kind of pleasure the one you get from saving up for weeks to be able to buy yourself a new waifu

ain't nothing dota can do to compete with that

I also kinda appreciate lol not being on steam so there's no recording of the amount of life I've dedicated to that game

Dota's Waifus have personalities. Not those sexualized 4-lines LoL girls have.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase.

Think of it.

You can buy Saorise Ronan.

Hmm...

tumblr_mk9xml9sma1qb6c0k83.gif

Edit: I listed it at $24.47 ($21.29).

iavi

Wok

I would sell now.
- It looks like the price right now is around the avarage of what it sold for in the past
- There is no way to predict where the price will go in the near future, next week could be +-$5 just randomly, but if it was on sale the price would definitely go down

Cash out now and look at it like you just found $15 lying around.

So far, the good strategy had been to sell as soon as possible, and buy again when the market crashes.

don't do this to yourself bro

we're trying to have a friendly conversation here

also tbh I wish lol had a few more dota-like frog people monsters

Im not saying that LoL is shit. Gameplay wise LoL and Dota2 have + and -. But overall i have to say that Dota characters are better done than LoL characters.

Turfster

It so very much is.
I basically lost 15€ speculating on foils right before they moved out of beta without giving us (enough) advance notice. I still haven't sold one of them, and the price is down to 70 cents now.

JaseC gets more (free) money to get more games.
The birth of another 2K+ Gaming God is upon us.

Is it just me or does having money in your steam wallet make you less likely to buy games?

Normally if I want something I just get it. But with that card money I get much more choosey. Heck, I worked for that balance.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm...

tumblr_mk9xml9sma1qb6c0k83.gif

Edit: I listed it at $24.47 ($21.29).

it's yours for $0.47

io60Vg5heszpb.PNG

Im not saying that LoL is shit. Gameplay wise LoL and Dota2 have + and -. But overall i have to say that Dota characters are better done than LoL characters.
eh I dunno, don't really know enough about dota to compare but with some exceptions I like most lol champions since there's tons of waifus and silly stuff like amumu and draven, and even old champions like mundo grew on me because of how janky they look.

but you're probably right, since dota seems to have had a more deilberate design while riot sounds like they just threw shit in for two years until they finally figured it out what kind of lore they wanted to make

boothisman.gif

a3a9bd59c13f4f761df5d6iylp.png

why do you hate gingers?
lol that's actually some pretty art (if a bit boring from those pics, I mean it's just some ladies in simple clothes)

I played like one match with fire waifu, threw two spells, ran out of mana, got instagibbed by something off screen, spent all my money on items that I never acquired and decided dota was too hard for me

also for some reason dota lags like hell in argieland, a lot more than na-lol so w/e

but you're right, league needs more gingers

eyeless

how do i get my steam codes after a purchase from gamefly

last time i bought something i didn't need to download their client, please tell me they didn't change that

edit: i declined giving them my phone number to help 'authorization', they're not really gonna delay giving me my key trying to get my phone number are they

wilflare

how do i get my steam codes after a purchase from gamefly

last time i bought something i didn't need to download their client, please tell me they didn't change that

Check your order history!

@toddhunter - I guess it's the fact that you can see your amount decreasing VS unseen balance in your credit/debit card

eh I dunno, don't really know enough about dota to compare but with some exceptions I like most lol champions since there's tons of waifus and silly stuff like amumu and draven, and even old champions like mundo grew on me because of how janky they look.

but you're probably right, since dota seems to have had a more deilberate design while riot sounds like they just threw shit in for two years until they finally figured it out what kind of lore they wanted to make

lol that's actually some pretty art (if a bit boring from those pics, I mean it's just some ladies in simple clothes)

I played like one match with fire waifu, threw two spells, ran out of mana, got instagibbed by something off screen, spent all my money on items that I never acquired and decided dota was too hard for me

also for some reason dota lags like hell in argieland, a lot more than na-lol so w/e

but you're right, league needs more gingers

Play Dota2 a bit more often. A match here and there just for fun. Believe me it will start to make fun after a while. I didnt liked it at first too but i needed a break from LoL. After a few matches with some awesome guys i started to love Dota2 more than LoL. And you have some really crazy characters in it with some awesome lines like Bane buying Blink-Dagger (http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/a/a5/Bane_blink_03.mp3). It isnt in the game right now but i hope it will be later. And overall his lines are awesome (You can listen to them all here : http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Bane_responses).

Whooter

yeah i've done that and got 'This order has not been processed. Please complete our authorization process to finish processing your order.' fuuuck anyone have experience with this? i want my codes now but don't want to give them my phone number

could i put a fake number, do they call? ah motherfuckers

Phone number and zip code are two big keys to getting an authorization. What you give the merchant has to match what's on your credit card information. They don't try and call you.

Edit: actually, no the phone number shouldn't be necessary. I'm not sure what I was thinking. Name and Zip Code are the two.

zkylon

zkylewd
Play Dota2 a bit more often. A match here and there just for fun. Believe me it will start to make fun after a while. I didnt liked it at first too but i needed a break from LoL. After a few matches with some awesome guys i started to love Dota2 more than LoL. And you have some really crazy characters in it with some awesome lines like Bane buying Blink-Dagger (http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/a/a5/Bane_blink_03.mp3). It isnt in the game right now but i hope it will be later. And overall his lines are awesome (You can listen to them all here : http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Bane_responses).
there's a bunch of reasons why dota ain't happening for me but basically I'm not a moba fan, I like lol and having fun with my friends and I can't imagine putting as many hours into another game as I've done with lol

I'd like to at least understand it tho

also I wish lol copied more things from dota like having your champions say stuff when you ping mia and stuff

Wok

also I wish lol copied more things from dota like having your champions say stuff when you ping mia and stuff

Do you mean there is no voice in LoL? If that is the case, I could not play such game. Imagine playing Warcraft without any voice, it would be dull. Like playing Dear Esther without the music.

zkylon

zkylewd
This is the best thing
New avatar please JaseC
:D

Do you mean there is no voice in LoL? If that is the case, I could not play such game. Imagine playing Warcraft without any voice, it would be dull. Like playing Dear Esther without the music.
no, they talk a bunch, they just don't call out mias like they do in dota

I play the game on really low volume though so I barely notice

wilflare

Xanathus

so No More Room in Hell hits steam very soon

not sure we need "another" zombie game, but it could be decent, they are giving out steam keys if you have a GitHub account and have posted on there before...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92917582 steam page

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10302 to get your key

God there are so many idiots/assholes there posting brand new github accounts which were obviously created just for this, and don't have any submitted bug reports prior to the beta test post.

jediyoshi

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Thanks to Spin for a random and wonderful gift of Papers, Please! Fear me, illegal immigrants!

Tak3n

Banned
God there are so many idiots/assholes there posting brand new github accounts which were obviously created just for this, and don't have any submitted bug reports prior to the beta test post.

Indeed they are, but then I think the devs make no sense as they set up these semi strict steam key requirements, but then are giving keys away on twitter... 50 yesterday if I recall...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I installed the JC2 mod that allows for 100% completion, but it seems the water tower doesn't actually increase the completion percentage. The missing resource items bump me up to 99.72%, but destroying the water tower, complete with a little pop-up message saying I've destroyed all 221 of them, doesn't add to that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom