• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using PixelVision for yonks (in fact, it's the only custom skin I've ever used), while Metro is also often recommended. As far as Grid View is concerned, it's possible to reduce the horizontal spacing between images (see Mavromatis' post here -- his link includes pre-configured files for the two aforementioned skins).

Thanks for that, really like how it looks without the spacing

XShagrath

I could never do grid view. I love the way it looks, but I've got 150 or so games installed. Not being able to put in categories also hurts it a bunch (at least for me).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Max Payne Complete Bunde deal on GMG was tempting but nottoday.gif. Still too many games to play. In other news, after weeks deliberating (not really) I decided to play HR before the original Deus Ex.

I installed the JC2 mod that allows for 100% completion, but it seems the water tower doesn't actually increase the completion percentage. The missing resource items bump me up to 99.72%, but destroying the water tower, complete with a little pop-up message saying I've destroyed all 221 of them, doesn't add to that at all.
Oh man this sucks. Avalanche, you had one job!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure if this is new, but Anachronox is in the steam registry.

I bought this on GOG yonks ago but haven't bothered to install it. On a related note, now that Hasbro has a few games on Steam, I hope it eventually brings over Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights and Icewind Dale.

Tellaerin

Be still my beating heart.
If they don't go too retarded on the price, I'll double dip... if nothing else to show them some of us still want that sequel!

I still have my original discs (and I really need to finish it!), but I definitely wouldn't mind having it on Steam.

Finished Ys I+II today, I picked the whole series during the Summer Sale. Ys I was okay but it could have been better without the insane amount of backtracking in the tower near the end of the game. It was even worse for me since
when I arrived near the top of the tower, I realized I couldn't go further without opening the prison cell ... which required an item that I missed at floor 2. I almost headbutted my screen D:
. Also, I didn't have any problems with the combat system when dealing with regular enemies but with some bosses it was a mess, I just ran around hoping for the best (the boulder and final boss were the worst).
Ys II did a lot of stuff better, there wasn't so much backtracking but it was still present (especially at the Shrine) and you can also teleport to important locations. Boss fights are also a huge improvement too, most of the bosses must be killed with ranged attacks which makes combat less of a mess but even the few bosses that requires melee attacks are real fights and not runnin' around hoping to land some lucky blows.

I'm going to play Oath in Felghana and Origins as soon as I finish FEZ, I heard they are a lot better (I wish they kept the 16-bit graphics though but that's just me).

I know I was trying to pawn off Painkiller yesterday but now I'm reading about it and the game sounds pretty fun. I enjoyed Bulletstorm, I'd probably like Painkiller? Game still holds up?

Turfster

I still have my original discs (and I really need to finish it!), but I definitely wouldn't mind having it on Steam.

Yeah, same. (re; having the OG discs, I finished it twice)
It's really sad it never really got the attention it deserved, since apparently all the Ion Storm advertising budget went to making us Romero's bitch or something.
The story was great and the gameplay was pretty good too, but where it shone were the world and the characters that lived in it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I played like one match with fire waifu, threw two spells, ran out of mana, got instagibbed by something off screen, spent all my money on items that I never acquired and decided dota was too hard for me

Well, if you're not going to learn even the basics and shrug off the game as being too hard... there's not much else to be discussed here.

Grief.exe

I've been using PixelVision for yonks (in fact, it's the only custom skin I've ever used), while Metro is also often recommended. As far as Grid View is concerned, it's possible to reduce the horizontal spacing between images (see Mavromatis' post here -- his link includes pre-configured files for the two aforementioned skins).

Air skin is the new hotness Jase

Grief.exe

To buy or not to buy Obllivion, that is the question.

What are your opinions on Morrowind and Skyrim?

The only things I don't like about air are that it doesn't show my my wallet funds and that its a slower then even the default skin, but that overlay is gorgeous.

I basically only use the client for Library, Friends, and viewing profiles.
Then Enhanced Steam for everything else.

It seems to have similar speeds to pixel vision to me.

r7Y4dZ6.png

1331230941_crazy_lady_at_the_library.gif

Now i gotta wait for JaseC to sell his, or should I go into an undercutting fight with him?

I basically only use the client for Library, Friends, and viewing profiles.
Then Enhanced Steam for everything else.

It seems to have similar speeds to pixel vision to me.

Maybe I should do something similar. I have always thought steam (client) needed the features of enhanced steam anyway.

Yeah it was my first skin. It very well may be the case that I'll find all skins slower then the default client until I get used to the skin speed.

Turfster

I haven't played any Elder Scrolls game ever.

Morrowind is the best one then, even though it's the oldest. There's a lot of graphics mods that make it at least as pretty as Oblivion, if not prettier, and it's just the better game. Skyrim is the next best thing, but more expensive due to newness.
Oblivion is rather shit, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom