• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted this in another thread, but Dark Souls does look pretty good for what it is.

Just getting psyched for the sequel, with lead development taking place on PC.

And Steamworks.

Going to be pretty great I hope. It was painful seeing it so often in the steam sales and knowing that I had already played it and couldn't really buy it again.

Also good on you for posting screenshots that are not of the final boss or ending sequence!

Picked up Euro truck 2 because of all you bastards and Fortix 2 for the cards and Stump recommendation off the indiegala store. Fortix 2 is only $0.79 with gala points (you probably have billions) so worth it for the foil chance alone.

cicero

wow. The latest IndieGameStand offering is for King Arthur's Gold. "Pay at least $1 to be eligible to receive keys for this game (Steam, Desura, GOG) as they become available! Pay more than $1.55 to unlock this game's Bonus Content! Includes: Art & Design - digital booklet."

Check out the Beta Mini-Trailer HERE, and a Time-Lapse trailer of the game's WAR mode HERE.

From their description:
King Arthur's Gold (KAG), is a 2D cooperative war game played with up to 32 players. You can play as knight, archer or builder - with physics allowing the construction and destruction of medieval fortresses. KAG blends the creative aspects of Minecraft, the medieval strategy of Age of Empires 2, with fast class-based team-driven gameplay of Team Fortress 2, sprinkled with the extreme fun from the teams previous game - Soldat.

I was just about to pay $10 on the developer's own site for a special alpha price on their current beta. This is a brilliant deal. I am buying multiple copies tonight.

EDIT: They changed the description on their Checkout Page to no longer included a reference to Steam or GOG specifically. Here is my followup post from this thread explaining why, and how a free Steam code is absolutely coming to those who buy this now. The reference to a GOG version was an obvious mistake on their end, KAG has DRM, GOG is DRM-Free.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72307176&postcount=1393

Euro Truck Sim 2 is the only game that's made me want to get a wheel. And this is coming from someone who loves racing games, but doesn't mind playing them with analogue sticks.

(ETS2 works fine with my Logitech F510, if anyone's curious)

SparkTR

Why is everything so expensive?! Where are all the discounts?

Now I know why everyone waits for the Sales to buy everything

Welcome to the real world.

I'd say 80% of the great Steam game deals outside of Steam Sales happen on other websites like Amazon, GMG, Humble Store, GetGames and Impulse. They're all Steam keys so it's still great, but yeah it sucks when you don't have a credit card.

Grief.exe

DayZ OT is looking pretty good, I am ready for that release.

If Halo Trilogy is announced I might pick up that OT as well.

Going to be pretty great I hope. It was painful seeing it so often in the steam sales and knowing that I had already played it and couldn't really buy it again.

Also good on you for posting screenshots that are not of the final boss or ending sequence!

Picked up Euro truck 2 because of all you bastards and Fortix 2 for the cards and Stump recommendation off the indiegala store. Fortix 2 is only $0.79 with gala points (you probably have billions) so worth it for the foil chance alone.

I would never post ending sequence, sometimes I do let minor spoilers slip through the cracks and people have to remind me.

I'd say 80% of the great Steam game deals outside of Steam Sales happen on other websites like Amazon, GMG, Humble Store, GetGames and Impulse. They're all Steam keys so it's still great, but yeah it sucks when you don't have a credit card.
Well I got an Amazon Gift Card and Visa Gift Card while on vacation so I can now get Humble Bundles, get games directly from dev sites (Amazon Payments and Google Checkout), as well as other sites

Already got in on the Door Kickers Alpha, debating whether to preorder Sir You Are Being Hunted, eagerly awaiting the next Bundle, and checking out a few other games

So that's progress

iavi

Typical laziness by Japanese devs who love to neglect the PC platform.

Ehh. That's not actually Capcom's usual MO. They've been on-point as far as PC ports go almost all gen.

aside, of course, from the incredible blunder that was Dragon's Dogma

E:Anybody know of any Source Engine games on the horizon that would've been added to the registry within the last month?

http://steamdb.info/app/242700/#section_history

The only one that comes to mind is Titanfall.

Yeah... the good old times were everyone was eager waiting for some big deals. Now its just -33% for a 4 year old game.
GMG had the best deals so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If we had back the original drop rate/ability to idle multiple games at a time it would be fine, but I guess they thought that dropped the value of the cards too fast.

Idling in multiple games was working for me on the odd occasion during the sale so I'll be giving it another crack.

Grief.exe

I'm really surprised they never brought that version to PC. It would be easy money for them.

I am curious as to why they didn't bring RE4 over to Steam as well.

Before Sven was let go, he said he was pressuring the Japanese publishing arm to release older RE's onto Steam. He described them as stubborn.

Ehh. That's not actually Capcom's usual MO. They've been on-point as far as PC ports go almost all gen.

aside, of course, from the incredible blunder that was Dragon's Dogma

E:Anybody know of any Source Engine games on the horizon that would've been added to the registry within the last month?

http://steamdb.info/app/242700/#section_history

The only one that comes to mind is Titanfall.

Titanfall does have a distinct possibility of releasing on Steam because it is published through EA Partners.

I've never noticed the 'sourcegame' parameter.

Milamber

This is ridiculous. here I am playing ETS2 and I keep getting some Eastern European guy adding me every 1~2 hours asking for my cards. I'm gonna set my inventory to private as soon as i make my deliveries for the week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is ridiculous. here I am playing ETS2 and I keep getting some Eastern European guy adding me every 1~2 hours asking for my cards. I'm gonna set my inventory to private as soon as i make my deliveries for the week.

The amount of random FRs I was on the receiving end of dropped liked a rock after I set my inventory to friends-only. I was getting one every 6-8 weeks until I started using the market.

Alright, I'll go ahead and mention it in this thread as well, but I have two copies left of Mercenary Kings from a 4 pack, so PM me if you want one. $11.25 a piece.

iavi

I am curious as to why they didn't bring RE4 over to Steam as well.

Before Sven was let go, he said he was pressuring the Japanese publishing arm to release older RE's onto Steam. He described them as stubborn.

Titanfall does have a distinct possibility of releasing on Steam because it is published through EA Partners.

I've never noticed the 'sourcegame' parameter.

Only just noticed it myself. But it is a definite way to tell if it's on Source. Take a look at the HL2 entry, for example.

It could otherwise be a mod (standalone or otherwise) or, dare I say it, a Valve game.

It's possible. And there's another one in there too.

I do think one is Titanfall, and I would think the other is Neo-Tokyo, if it wasn't for the fact that, in the registry, Greenlit apps explicitly state that they're indeed Greenlight apps--so far.

Watch it be
Left 4 Dead

Lain

I spent two hours playing the first level of Mark of the Ninja. This game is amazing. Also couldn't help but think about Mark of Kri when watching the cutscenes.

iavi

Contagion from the developers of Zombie Panic Source.

Ah, disappointing. I was really hoping there were no viable options aside from a Valve game or Titanfall :( lol

Good catch, though.

e: Contagion's reg entry page is about complete. That can't be it. Thank god.

iavi

If Valve would release some sales statistics, that would be amazing.

They really, really seem to want no talk about their numbers. I suspect that, or at least one of the reasons of them not wanting devs to talk sales isn't tied to the devs, per say, but that they don't want any kind of guesstimations going on as to the cut they're making.

I don't entirely see the benefit of being so tightlipped. Then again, I'm no business major,

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just started playing Alan Wake, it's one of those games which made me buy my new PC.
Great Scott, this is beautifull.
s1s.png
Oh, and the game's pretty great, too. Very mysterious and atmospheric, loving it. :D

They really, really seem to want no talk about their numbers. I suspect that, or at least one of the reasons of them not wanting devs to talk sales isn't tied to the devs, per say, but that they don't want any kind of guesstimations going on as to the cut they're making.

I don't entirely see the benefit of being so tightlipped. Then again, I'm no business major,

They don't want people to know they're rich and then come and rob them while they sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom