• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
They really, really seem to want no talk about their numbers. I suspect that, or at least one of the reasons of them not wanting devs to talk sales isn't tied to the devs, per say, but that they don't want any kind of guesstimations going on as to the cut they're making.

I don't entirely see the benefit of being so tightlipped. Then again, I'm no business major,

http://www.destructoid.com/tripwire-valve-absolutely-not-exploiting-steam-devs-151832.phtml

Without breaking any non-disclosure agreements, let me just say that our royalty deal was great, and is in line with what I understand that other digital distribution services are offering. We were able to recoup our development costs for our first game within the first week of sales, and sales were straight profit from that point on."

Most likely 20-30%.

wilflare

That works out to less than $2 per game and you can give away the rest via ModBot. Win-win! ;)

Maybe I'll do just that! Haha I missed the Amazon CAG Bundle 2 that had all the games I wanted
-Afterfall
-Mars
-Triple Town
-Galaxy
-Strike Suit ZERO

Arthea

So yesterday, in celebration of the summer sale end, I got the very first foil card, and Sonic no less! (><)
How rare are foils actually? Thinking to sell or not to sell.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So yesterday, in celebration of the summer sale end, I got the very first foil card, and Sonic no less! (><)
How rare are foils actually? Thinking to sell or not to sell.

I'd sell now. With the Summer Sale having just ended there's undoubtedly a fair amount of people who have Sonic Racing but haven't loaded it up yet and the prices have already tanked despite there being less than 30 of each type on the market.

wilflare

wow. The latest IndieGameStand offering is for King Arthur's Gold. "Pay at least $1 to be eligible to receive keys for this game (Steam, Desura, GOG) as they become available! Pay more than $1.55 to unlock this game's Bonus Content! Includes: Art & Design - digital booklet."

Check out the Beta Mini-Trailer HERE, and a Time-Lapse trailer of the game's WAR mode HERE.

From their description:

I was just about to pay $10 on the developer's own site for a special alpha price on their current beta. This is a brilliant deal. I am buying multiple copies tonight.

bought! just hope the Steam key comes quick :D

Thaster

Not sure if I should ask this here but could I get an invite to the GAF steam group?
After buying all these games I'd like to group up with others to get some games going.

Steam name is Thaster

wow. The latest IndieGameStand offering is for King Arthur's Gold. "Pay at least $1 to be eligible to receive keys for this game (Steam, Desura, GOG) as they become available! Pay more than $1.55 to unlock this game's Bonus Content! Includes: Art & Design - digital booklet."

Check out the Beta Mini-Trailer HERE, and a Time-Lapse trailer of the game's WAR mode HERE.

From their description:

I was just about to pay $10 on the developer's own site for a special alpha price on their current beta. This is a brilliant deal. I am buying multiple copies tonight.

Bought, looks fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't think he meant percentage, it's been known for a while Valve take around 30%. Rather the overall income. If you have sales numbers you can make some math. Just my guess.

The evidence included in Sega's filing against THQ confirms the 30% cut to the cent, and our very own Feep (http://store.steampowered.com/app/200910/) recently said that "all developers are treated equally". There's also Phil Fish's tweet encouraging people to purchase through the Humble Store widget, in which he also states Valve's cut is 30% (and confirms the same of GOG, too).

didamangi

Enhanced Steam keeps getting better and better.

3NfO5HZ.jpg

From their description:

Multiplayer or singleplayer?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Enhanced Steam keeps getting better and better.
This feature is pretty unreliable for me, seems like I keep getting logged out of enhanced steam and the only way I can log back in is to change the custom background for my profile, and even when I'm logged in it doesn't seem to display the price anymore. Not sure why.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Played a bit of Bit Trip Runner again because of the cards, and goddamn that crystal ufo boss. Still can't get past him. I can knock the two crystals off but that last phase is just too much. Such a hard game.

didamangi

Can't seem to find any mention of Steam or GOG in the site's description. Will we really get both keys for Steam and GOG? On checkout it only says activation key for Desura.

Tak3n

Banned
Can't seem to find any mention of Steam or GOG in the site's description. Will we really get both keys for Steam and GOG? On checkout it only says activation key for Desura.

Neither can I, in fact if you go to buy it says "pay at least $1 for a key to activate in Desura"

Arthea

I'm sure Valve outsourced the reveal to a private person in Russia.

At this point, why not? (><)

Time for some impressions of games I bought, that gaf suggested or insisted.
Mark of the Ninja is probably the greatest. I imagine me playing and replaying it for a long time. Gameplay is so elegant, it looks nice and plays nice, also "look Ninjas, ninjas everywhere!"
more like guards everywhere lol
Don't really get what so good about FTL, then again may be I played too little.
Hotline Miami does seem to be not my type of a game, my intuition was right on this, but I can understand why people like it.
Just started New Vegas, so far I like it. Do you think it's worth to mod it on first time playing?
I was a little disappointed by Universe Sandbox, but then again perhaps my expectations were unreasonable.
The Binding of Isaac is brutal lol in fun way and it is addictive. Some bosses are way too mean, worm for example, how you even kill that bastard! (><)
Dungeons of Dredmor seems to be fun, I played too little of it though.

That's it so far.

summary: buy Mark of the Ninja, if you don't have it yet.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Unable to connect to Steam network - Offline mode is unavailable

Is Steam down for anyone else? I can't start it at all. Tried deleting clientregistry.blob but still the same thing :/

wilflare

Is there anyway if we can check if a code is used before?
I have multiple codes of a certain game.. (I redeemed one of them) - I just wanna find out which one is it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom