• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
The honorable thing to do is set the same price as JaseC. Then you can both watch idiots undercut you and commiserate.

He already sold it, so I kinda feel alone now :(

tumblr_mpue94Wwrw1sp0ltyo1_500.gif

Teach me your ways, master!

I have some coupons that I want to trade for some steam cards if anyone is interested:

50% Postal
66% Awesomenauts
33% Shadow Warrior Classic Delux
33% A Game of Dwarves

Pm if interested.

Morrowind is the best one then, even though it's the oldest. There's a lot of graphics mods that make it at least as pretty as Oblivion, if not prettier, and it's just the better game. Skyrim is the next best thing, but more expensive due to newness.
Oblivion is rather shit, really.

Thanks, I'll hold off on Skyrim until the holiday sale. Maybe one day I'll get around to Morrowind.

Grief.exe

I haven't played any Elder Scrolls game ever.

If you don't mind older games whose objectives are intentionally more obtuse, like Deus Ex or System Shock 2 then Morrowind is the place to start.

Morrowind has the best story, atmosphere, factions, and quests of the series.

Its not dumbed down to ridiculous levels Luke Skyrim was. The RPG mechanics in Morrowind are very deep and allow for some interesting builds.

Oblivion straddles the large gap between Skyrim and Morrowind.
There are certain points where Bethesda began to dumb down the game.
But it still has the deep leveling system and good quests.

All three games use the same engine and, basically, the same combat.
Its kind of laughable to me that Skyrim didn't fix the latter.

Grief.exe

I managed to resist buying Dishonored 2 times during the sale. I don't think I'll be able to hold back now hnnng.

Don't hold back, its a great game and I'm really enjoying my play through right now.

Of course, I like exploring in games with interesting lore and I love hiding bodies in trash bins.

Don't hold back, its a great game and I'm really enjoying my play through right now.

Of course, I like exploring in games with interesting lore and I love hiding bodies in trash bins.

I know, but I still have all those summer sale games to finish... Meh, I'll buy it anyway. It being on sale after such a short time must be a sign from above.

If you don't mind older games whose objectives are intentionally more obtuse, like Deus Ex or System Shock 2 then Morrowind is the place to start.

Its not dumbed down to ridiculous levels Luke Skyrim was. The RPG mechanics in Morrowind are very deep and allow for some interesting builds.

Older pc games are no issue for me. I had Morrowind for the original Xbox, just never got around to playing it - that's probably a good thing.

~Kinggi~

Banned

Gameplay and combat is light-years better in Skyrim than Morrowind, which is laughable in the combat department. But that really depends at what angle you are coming at it. Lot of people dont mind the old school dice rolls of combat feeling clunky in the old games and only care about the quests.

Bricky

Could somebody buy me the Humble 1C Bundle for 1$? I don't get money before after the 11th august and I really want that bundle.

I still have my Steam-key unused since I was only interested in Dead Island and the Saints Row 3 DLC (from the above-avarage bonus). You can have it for free if you want? :)

Grief.exe

Gameplay and combat is light-years better in Skyrim than Morrowind, which is laughable in the combat department. But that really depends at what angle you are coming at it. Lot of people dont mind the old school dice rolls of combat feeling clunky in the old games and only care about the quests.

That is actually the place where they made the most significant change from Morrowind.
They made every hit automatically connect, which is an improvement, but that change was made in Oblivion.

To be honest, if you build your character correctly, you should be connecting just about every swing anyways.
Of course, those mechanics are very obtuse for a new player.

ArjanN

Just played the Metro Last Light faction pack, the second mission in the library where you scavenge artefacts is really tense at times. Neat throwback to the first Metro game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Hey now, Deus Ex ain't obtuse. The game is pretty clear in that aspect: "Here's what you have to do. How you do it is up to you."

what's with Steambros and weed
No idea. Here's hoping for a crack emoticon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom