• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, regarding Thief 2: Are the graphics in this gameplay video modded? They look better than I expected. Now I regret getting Deadly Shadows instead of 2

Video is a little dark, but those look like the vanilla textures. Thief 2 is still a great looking game after all this time.

Thief Deadly Shadows is still a good game, so don't feel too bad....but I would have recommended 2 over it.

If I sell my very last card on the market I have exactly enough wallet funds to buy SMB (I promised myself not to spend any more money on steam until the next sale). So if someone here is looking for Axis Assault - Day of Defeat: Source Trading Card and is willing to pay 2 cents more than the lowest bid; that'd be great :p
Now go get SMB.

So which is better?
Oh ignore my suggestion I see how it is!

Got $ 20 Steam credit to use.

Two games that interest me most are Rogue Legacy and Shadowrun Returns. Leaning towards Rogue Legacy...any advice?

Grief.exe

Well the other programs/sites seem more professional. And I've heard of Fraps before. No offense

MSI Afterburner is one of the best over clocking utilities available.

It is also one of the best recording utilities available.

Don't discount it. The most popular choice is usually the worst.

MSI Afterburner is one of the best over clocking utilities available.

It is also one of the best recording utilities available.

Don't discount it. The most popular choice is usually the worst.
Afterburner is amazing. Overclocking + pc stats on screen display + FPS capping in all games. I always have it installed and running.

Freezard

So which is better?

Go for OBS. I used to record with FRAPS for many years but OBS just has too many advantages compared to what FRAPS has so that's what I'm recording with nowadays. Also you can stream with it as well and switch between local recording and streaming profiles with one click.

lmpaler

I think.... I think I like Fallout a lot more than Elder Scrolls. Finally playing New Vegas and I find myself more immersed in the experience. Skyrim is great and with mods it's amazing and satiates my fantasy fix for the time being, but I keep finding myself coming back to Fallout more and more.

Bethesda can definitely create a great open world, but good god they just need to hire Obsidian to write their games from now on

Go for OBS. I used to record with FRAPS for many years but OBS just has too many advantages compared to what FRAPS has so that's what I'm recording with nowadays. Also you can stream with it as well and switch between local recording and streaming profiles with one click.
With OSB (and the others as well), are there any special steps needed to upload to Youtube? Or is it just like uploading any other video?

NIN90

Where is the fun in losing everything you gained in a game where it needs HOURS to unlock things?

Because the base gameplay is fun. You know, the part where you are actually playing the game and not running at a carrot on a stick.

I think.... I think I like Fallout a lot more than Elder Scrolls. Finally playing New Vegas and I find myself more immersed in the experience. Skyrim is great and with mods it's amazing and satiates my fantasy fix for the time being, but I keep finding myself coming back to Fallout more and more.

Bethesda can definitely create a great open world, but good god they just need to hire Obsidian to write their games from now on

One game was done by Obsidian and the other game wasn't. Go figure!

Gbraga

b8Ju8mf.png

Sorry if asked, but this thread moves fast.

What Sleeping Dogs DLC is worth getting?

Year of the Snake
Nightmare in North Point
Zodiac Tournament

all add story-based missions

Wheels of Fury adds a batmobile and some missions. I still need to play them all, but those are usually the ones recommended. Everything else is clothing or other cosmetic stuff.

Oh and the free high res texture pack.

Year of the snake
Nightmare in North point
Zodiac Tournament

Year of the Snake
Nightmare in North Point
Zodiac Tournament

all add story-based missions

Wheels of Fury adds a batmobile and some missions. I still need to play them all, but those are usually the ones recommended. Everything else is clothing or other cosmetic stuff.

Oh and the free high res texture pack.

Thanks guys!

lmpaler

Because the base gameplay is fun. You know, the part where you are actually playing the game and not running at a carrot on a stick.

One game was done by Obsidian and the other game wasn't. Go figure!

I get that, but I feel Bethesda does the world overall better, but the writing of Obsidian is leagues above. Granted Bethesda isn't perfect, Skyrim has very shitty dungeons

SteamPipe is a real revolution. I can't play HL2 anymore, it's crashing almost each time the game saves or loads something (it was working perfectly fine before the SteamPipe updage).

Amazing.

fantomena

Is it against the rules to publish a link to my blog where I have a review of a game?

Im almost done with my CloudBerry Kingdom review, and want to publish a link here to it.

SteamPipe is a real revolution. I can't play HL2 anymore, it's crashing almost each time the game saves or loads something (it was working perfectly fine before the SteamPipe updage).

Amazing.

Have you tried "verify integrity of game cache"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom