• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Well, back from the beach and into Tomb Raider! Gotta get my backlog ready for the Indie release-pocalypse on Thursday.

Also preordered Rayman Legends as soon as it was up. God I can't wait for that game. My gf and I will probably call in sick just to marathon through it.

Oh shit, Knife of Dunwall is on sale? Right on time. How I missed you, Gabe.

Edit: Any generous US/UK GAFfer able to help for the Knife of Dunwall Gamefly discount? I can pay you with paypal :)

Have you tried "verify integrity of game cache"?

Yep, I tried all the classical workarounds. I even re-installed the game, with no luck. It seems that I'm not the only one with the problem, but I don't think that anyone has a real solution.

Too bad. I'll probably go and play something else instead.

Its so satisfying to kill the targets in Dishonored.

The Pendeltons had some custom kill animations. Felt right considering how evil and corrupt they were.

Otherwise, I'm going for a no kill and no alert play through.

I loved the walkthrough where you could force push them out the windows.

Dawg

One day left until Dragon Commander releases.

You should totally support this underrated Belgian dev by buying tha game.
it has cards

I rebooted my computer this morning and somehow Spec Ops the Line just up and appeared in my steam inventory. I'm rather confused. There was no gift message. Just Steam saying I had a new item in my inventory. I already own and completed the game so if someone was to gift it to me they would see I already own it. I've haven't bought a bundle or anything that would include a giftable copy. If someone gifted it to me, thank you. If not... any ideas how this happen?

I rebooted my computer this morning and somehow Spec Ops the Line just up and appeared in my steam inventory. I'm rather confused. There was no gift message. Just Steam saying I had a new item in my inventory. I already own and completed the game so if someone was to gift it to me they would see I already own it. I've haven't bought a bundle or anything that would include a giftable copy. If someone gifted it to me, thank you. If not... any ideas how this happen?

Did you pre-order X-Com the Bureau? If so everyone gets a copy of the game when they do so.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well, if you're not going to learn even the basics and shrug off the game as being too hard... there's not much else to be discussed here.
it's just so different an experience I had compared to lol

first match of lol, I picked malph because he looked sturdy and bought recommended items and was sorta hard to kill and kinda got somewhere.

dota I just ran around aimlessly 4 levels behind everybody never understanding why someone had gotten runes or something, or how can I get the items I bought or whatever, or why I was constantly killed in like 2 hits by stuff I couldn't even see.

it's just a way shittier first impression and I'm not gonna put in the hundreds of hours to learn a whole new moba. I admire people that can play both games, for me it's not even a time thing (though if I have to choose between tried and true lol with my friends and taking my chances with random people in dota I know what I'm picking), I just don't have the willpower to learn another hundred heroes, all new items, etc.

what does JaseC look like?
you already know

The_Monk

Can any kind fellow GAFfer tell me if the first Borderlands have two different images in GRID view? One for regular borderlands and a different one for those who have the GOTY version?

I have the orginal Borderlands but for some reason it's telling me I have the DLC but in the Grid view I do not have the GOTY Version just the normal one.

Thanks in advance.

ieavei

Can any kind fellow GAFfer tell me if the first Borderlands have two different images in GRID view? One for regular borderlands and a different one for those who have the GOTY version?

I have the orginal Borderlands but for some reason it's telling me I have the DLC but in the Grid view I do not have the GOTY Version just the normal one.

Thanks in advance.

I have Borderlands GOTY edition and only one image is showing up for me in grid view.

The_Monk

I have Borderlands GOTY edition and only one image is showing up for me in grid view.

Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer. I have this one:

VkSWhevl.jpg

And not this one:

Flk24vr.jpg

But when I click on DLC this is what I get:

ht2E3OJl.png

vermadas

So I'm considering Sleeping Dogs. I haven't really been satisfied by an open world game in a while though. What's the ratio of driving related missions to combat ones? I really like driving around the city in these games but if there are too many missions where you have to kill a bunch of people I'll probably give up on it well before finishing.

Is it against the rules to publish a link to my blog where I have a review of a game?

Im almost done with my CloudBerry Kingdom review, and want to publish a link here to it.

Have you tried "verify integrity of game cache"?

I don't think so, I've seen numerous links to outside reviews from writers on here.

Don't hold me to that though because I'm not certain, but I do want to know because I'm wanting to write one up myself.

Did you/are you enjoying it though? Feels a bit placid in terms of atmosphere but the gameplay itself is absolutely fantastic. Been addicted to arcade mode every time I boot it up.

eyeless

Thanks for answering fellow GAFfer. I have this one:

http://i.imgur.com/VkSWhevl.jpg[IMG]

And not this one:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Flk24vr.jpg[IMG]

But when I click on DLC this is what I get:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ht2E3OJl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]i've got the goty edition but not the goty icon, so that must be how it's supposed to be

fantomena

I don't think so, I've seen numerous links to outside reviews from writers on here.

Don't hold me to that though because I'm not certain, but I do want to know because I'm wanting to write one up myself.

Did you/are you enjoying it though? Feels a bit placid in terms of atmosphere but the gameplay itself is absolutely fantastic. Been addicted to arcade mode every time I boot it up.

Yeah, I did enjoy it, but it felt repetive and boring after a while. The music and sound was not the best either, but it was overall an entertaining game.

Publishing my review tommorrow, gonna link it here then.

Yeah, I did enjoy it, but it felt repetive and boring after a while. The music and sound was not the best either, but it was overall an entertaining game.

Publishing my review tommorrow, gonna link it here then.

I still need to sink a lot more time into it, but I'm actually loving the simplicity of the gameplay so far.

Yeah, definitely post it if you can - like I said, I don't think it's against the rules but can't see why it would be. If you're really unsure then you can always PM a mod and double check, but it's been done frequently in a lot of threads :]

XShagrath

So I'm considering Sleeping Dogs. I haven't really been satisfied by an open world game in a while though. What's the ratio of driving related missions to combat ones? I really like driving around the city in these games but if there are too many missions where you have to kill a bunch of people I'll probably give up on it well before finishing.
It's been a while since I played through it, but there seemed to be a pretty fair mix of driving and shooting/melee in the game. The melee is great, and feels a lot like the Batman games (to me). It's cheap enough that I'd recommend just going for it. Game is beautiful too.

vermadas

It's been a while since I played through it, but there seemed to be a pretty fair mix of driving and shooting/melee in the game. The melee is great, and feels a lot like the Batman games (to me). It's cheap enough that I'd recommend just going for it. Game is beautiful too.

Oh cool. I love the combat in the Batman games. Sold.

Thanks for the feedback!

The_Monk

Have you tried going into the game and seeing if you can travel to one of the DLC locations from the waystation?

I haven't installed since I'm doing some Backlog Cleaning first, fellow GAFfer.

But here's some random thought. Maybe this happened because some people got it directly on Steam and some got it on Amazon and amazon keys were the GOTY ones but it does not appear in that way on the Grid view.

Joe Molotov

But here's some random thought. Maybe this happened because some people got it directly on Steam and some got it on Amazon and amazon keys were the GOTY ones but it does not appear in that way on the Grid view.

Did you buy the DLC seperately, or get seperate key-codes for the DLC?

The_Monk

Did you buy the DLC seperately, or get seperate key-codes for the DLC?

Just one single key fellow GAFfer. It's the GOTY but on grid view I have the regular version, but it seems I'm not the only one in here with the same problem.

So I caved and bought dishonored. What is most fun, a stealth run or action approach?

I tried the Stealth approach 90% of the time. The other 10% was in the end. I found more fun to play it that way but I believe a decent mix of both is the best way to go. If you desire, you can replay the game and try a full Stealth without killing a single enemy which is possible by the way. I played on the PS3 but the logic is the same.

The GOTY edition isn't a separate entry in the database (I assume) so it has the same icon as the regular edition. Nothing a custom icon can't fix.

Thank you for answering good sir!

Just one single key fellow GAFfer. It's the GOTY but on grid view I have the regular version, but it seems I'm not the only one in here with the same problem.

The GOTY edition isn't a separate entry in the database (I assume) so it has the same icon as the regular edition. Nothing a custom icon can't fix.

Gotcha, well to let you know like I think others have said, mine does not say GOTY on the grid view but I know I have GOTY from Steam and not Amazon. If that helps any.

The_Monk

Gotcha, well to let you know like I think others have said, mine does not say GOTY on the grid view but I know I have GOTY from Steam and not Amazon. If that helps any.

So my theory from Steam/Amazon is not effective it seems. That's alright, I can always get the GOTY Steam Icon and will fix it myself.

Thank you for the help fellow GAFfers!

Is there a kind soul in this thread that would be willing to take their time and buy me a Dishonored Steam key from GameFly as it's cheaper there than on Steam ?

I will pay you immediately, beforehand if you wish too. Thanks!

EDIT: A kind soul from the UK that is.

EDIT: Thanks for the help Hawkie!

I'm finally back from vacation and have more time for Steam thread posting now that I can actually play on PC again.

I bought Papers, Please and will buy Castlevania as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom