• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkie

Is there a kind soul in this thread that would be willing to take their time and buy me a Dishonored Steam key from GameFly as it's cheaper there than on Steam ?

I will pay you immediately, beforehand if you wish too. Thanks!

EDIT: A kind soul from the UK that is.

PM'ed

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Star Trek for $7.49, yes or no?

I actually purchased and completed the game at that price point and I enjoyed what I got for the money I put down. I knew what to expect. I also had literally zero glitches that people got on release. They supposedly fixed co-op too so I'm probably gonna play the game a second time when my buddy eventually picks it up.

Playing through Strike Suit Infinity, and man it's great to have more Strike Suit Zero-style gameplay but for the love of god HOW DO YOU SAVE AND QUIT. It just keeps telling me to play another round and my hands are tired and oh god make it stop

Haven't played the original Thief games, but my favorite stealth game is Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Followed by Hitman Blood Money and Mark of the Ninja

Word on MotN. That game combined awesome, awesome movement that just felt right with really fun stealth-killing. It felt sort of like a perfected, 2-D version of the "scare the enemies" rooms from Arkham Asylum.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you like the Star Trek 09 timeline and really want to see a new story set in that universe go for it. If you're playing because you want to have a great third person shooter experience pass, the gameplay is average at best.
I watched a stream of the beginning areas (up to where
he's fighting a lizard man on the deck
) and it seemed excessively terrible.

Word on MotN. That game combined awesome, awesome movement that just felt right with really fun stealth-killing. It felt sort of like a perfected, 2-D version of the "scare the enemies" rooms from Arkham Asylum.
+1

MoTN is the only "true" ninja game IMO. You really feel like a badass shadow warrior (as opposed to that other Ninja game where all you do is kill mindlessly). Nothing is more satisfying than timing a perfectly planned strike.

My favorite is when I leaped out of a bush, focused, took out the lights and put a spike mine in front of two guards all in one motion, lights went out, guard 2 got freaked out as guard 1 was skewered, and then I killed him. All in like two seconds

So, the Organ Trail cards are really cheapo right now, but I want to save that one for Halloween.

You know, like I saved Costume Quest for Halloween.

Hey, is anybody else having issue with Big Picture Mode in the beta client with a 360 controller?

I can't launch with the guide button, the controls are mapped to the dpad and the guide button doesn't work in-game.

NZNova

Finished Remember Me the other day, was fun enough. Not bad. Now I'm onto The Raven - enjoying it so far, love a good point&click. Mixing in a bit of Waves and Unepic too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So many games, and yet I don't know what to play.

Start Dishonored, Arkham City or Assassin's Creed 2? Force myself through BioShock (and probably BS2 too) just so I can start Infinite? Sleeping Dogs? Continue The Witcher, Brütal Legend or Rayman Origins (I'm definitely doing the latter soon, though probably not right now)? Continue playing all the Doom games on the 3rd difficulty and without cheats (something I've never done before)? Restart Dark Souls and see if I can understand it this time? Or none of this?

I have no idea, there's a saturation of games. So many to choose from, which makes the choice hard and I end up not playing anything.

I've heard a lot of praise for the game, but I'm trying to go in with little to no expectations just in case.
That's a good idea. The game is a piece of shit, a complete waste of money, and nobody should play it ever.

now that your expectations are rock-bottom, I'll tell you that it is indeed fantastic, and scratched an itch that had been unsatisfied since Midtown Madness 2 came out. The shift mechanic is smartly put to use in the game, and it's simply fun to play. You may become a little tired of all the side stuff there is, but that's the beauty of it: it's optional. It's there if you want it, and if like me you end up rushing through the story missions near the end, they'll still be there once you've beaten the game. So there's a reason to keep coming back to it. It was money very well spent, and everyone should play it.

oipic

Fired up Fortix last night, because, you know, CARDS and all that...

...and played for four hours straight, maybe more, when I clearly had far more important things to attend to.

Strangely addictive little game, that. Got to within seconds of defeating what I think was the 'boss' dragon thing/final level, but failed. Will play again! So yeah, thank you, Valve, for the cards etc, and the inadvertent gaming that they (sometimes) bring.

MikeDown

Banned
Finished Remember Me the other day, was fun enough. Not bad. Now I'm onto The Raven - enjoying it so far, love a good point&click. Mixing in a bit of Waves and Unepic too.

I thought Remember Me was a very fun game, i loved everything about it, wish it was more open world. As the devs first game I thought they did good, I always felt while playing that it seemed like DOTNOD really wanted to implement open world, but for whatever reason wasn't able. Would really like to see a sequel. Oh and the OST is amazing for that game.

Lint21

Neo Member
Hey, is anybody else having issue with Big Picture Mode in the beta client with a 360 controller?

I can't launch with the guide button, the controls are mapped to the dpad and the guide button doesn't work in-game.

Yes, just started today. Exactly as you describe it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Star Trek at $7.49 is probably as low as it's going to get before it's inevitably pulled.

oipic

I am not afraid to say Costume Quest is Double Fine's best game.

I haven't played Stacking yet, admittedly, but that's not an unreasonable call at all. I loved Costume Quest - it's no great feat by any means, but I think it's still the only game on Steam for which I have 100% of the achievements, too! Would be very happy to see a sequel one day.

Oh, and Jase: I'm probably very LTTP, but I love the new avatar:

image.php

So, so apt.

Exuro

I am not afraid to say Costume Quest is Double Fine's best game.
I still haven't been able to get into it. Got to the mall and started getting bored.

I loved Stacking and Psychonauts. I'll try it again around halloween. Also waiting for a cheap brutal legends

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why is it going to be pulled?

Your new avatar scares me.

It's a licensed game and generally speaking they don't have a very long shelf life.

Oh, and Jase: I'm probably very LTTP, but I love the new avatar:

image.php

So, so apt.

I wish I could take credit for it, but it's zyklon's work. ;)

Edit: Speaking of Prima guides, I hope the ones pertaining to Bethesda's games will became available again once the QuakeCon Sale is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom