• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

Hammerwatch will be released on August 12.

4APyyBc.jpg

Looks like a neat little top down dungeon crawler. It'll include online and local co-op and a level editor.

Store Page

Greenlight Trailer

Has anyone heard anything new about the Thomas Was Alone DLC or trading cards? I thought it was supposed to be released by the end of July.

Awesome. Do the PC drivers for the 360 controller work for this fightpad as well? Or do you have to do a more complex setup by emulating the fightpad through third party programs and so on?

Also yeah, I guess it's a matter of what you are used to. I used to play fighting games on arcade machines when I was younger, but then I got a SNES and got used to the digital inputs of the controller. Now everytime I try to play a fighting game on an arcade stick I find it cumbersome. :( I still like using arcade sticks for shmups and beat'emups though, but since the 360 controller does the job well enough for me on those games I don't think I need one.

I've got an old 360 SF4 fightpad that works perfectly on PC, bonus is its great for 2D indie stuff also.

And that S&SASRT is an amazing deal. If anyone wants to play MP, add me on Steam

mannerbot

nexen

I don't like kart racers, but I really enjoyed Sonic Transformed. It's very pretty, has some depth, and the levels are just fun to race through.

Surprising little game. This may be blasphemy to some, but I like it way better than the Mario Karts.

I don't like kart racers, but I really enjoyed Sonic Transformed. It's very pretty, has some depth, and the levels are just fun to race through.

Surprising little game. This may be blasphemy to some, but I like it way better than the Mario Karts.

I've always been a huge fan of the MK games, but I honestly think Sumo knocked it out of the park with Transformed. Everything about it is done just so perfectly right.

liezryou

It's the most fun I've had with a racing game in many years, though I wasn't a fan of the transforming segments. The flight sections were too simple, the boating sections are annoying. If it was pure car racing, I'd have put a lot more time into it, but I'm still happy with it as-is.

liezryou

dunder was cool and all, but I know for a fact he was/is making a pretty penny out of the whole thing

at the end of the day who cares when it works for the buyers end, but yeah

Ok if you call making pennies on a trade some good money then ok he was making some good money. He was making maybe a couple of dollars per day. I wouldn't call that some good dough for how much effort he was putting in.

iavi

dunder was cool and all, but I know for a fact he was/is making a pretty penny out of the whole thing

at the end of the day who cares when it works for the buyers end, but yeah

If the thing is substantially cheaper for the buyer, and legit, I don't see the need for an uprising, even if the seller is making a cut.

Unless, it's supposed to be some community thing where gafffer shouldn't profit from gaffer, but let's get real.

Salsa

Ok if you call making pennies on a trade some good money then ok he was making some good money. He was making maybe a couple of dollars per day. I wouldn't call that some good dough for how much effort he was putting in.

do you know this first hand?

pretty penny is a way of saying, im not saying he makes pennies. In the grand scheme of things its besides the point, sure

If the thing is substantially cheaper for the buyer, and legit, I don't see the need for an uprising, even if the seller is making a cut.

Unless, it's supposed to be some community thing where gafffer shouldn't profit from gaffer, but let's get real.

I dont either, I just thought it was worth bringing up. No one's selling things out of the goodness of their hearts here.

nexen

It's the most fun I've had with a racing game in many years, though I wasn't a fan of the transforming segments. The flight sections were too simple, the boating sections are annoying. If it was pure car racing, I'd have put a lot more time into it, but I'm still happy with it as-is.

I like the boat sections. I do agree that the flying could use more depth though.
I'm stuck with about 50-something stars right now, I need to go play the harder difficulty levels to unlock more stuffs.

iavi

I like the boat sections. I do agree that the flying could use more depth though.
I'm stuck with about 50-something stars right now, I need to go play the harder difficulty levels to unlock more stuffs.

Oh, the flying has a bit of depth to it. Wait till hard/expert. Become close friends with that right/trick stick and drift trigger.

sibarraz

Banned
rome 2 is 26 dollars cheaper than the normal price, I honestly con't care if dunder is making a good profit or not since I think that both parts are winning (More considering than this are original keys and not some kind of russian stolen key)

Megasoum

Banned

pretty penny is a way of saying, im not saying he makes pennies. In the grand scheme of things its besides the point, sure

He said so himself in the post announcing his retirement. He was not making any serious money from those trades.

liezryou

pretty penny is a way of saying, im not saying he makes pennies

I dont either, I just thought it was worth bringing up. No one's selling things out of the goodness of their hearts here.

I know what pretty penny means xD. And yes i know first hand he actually is literally making pennies on the trades. Not only did he just tell me like an hour before your post, but i am also an experienced trader and i estimated how much profit he was making long before he told me (In fact if you look it up I'm the first one who explained how he was getting games so cheap, somewhere in this thread).

No doubt he was making profit, but not as much as these other guys are trying to make. .50c on a single game he's selling is nothing, it barely makes up for the opportunity cost of how much time and effort he spends on it.

If you want to experience it yourself, try to get rayman legends with 7 tf2 keys and resell it for 12.50 at a profit. At the maximum key point for a .25c profit you would need to find a trader to sell keys to you at 1.75$ a piece. And trust me there is NO one willing to sell at that price atm, try finding one yourself ;).

nexen

Oh, the flying has a bit of depth to it. Wait till hard/expert. Become close friends with that right/trick stick and drift trigger.

Actually, yeah. I just tried a ring race on hard not too long ago and it stomped me into the mud.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It'd be really something if Dunder managed to squeeze any meaningful profit out of his sales, them being the absolute lowest you could possibly find on GAF. It's part of the reason why he became such a legend. But if he did, then hey all the more power to him. He saved me quite a bit of cash during my buys from him.

Is that....

...is that using stills of RealMyst? Ugh.

EDIT: Holy shit, you can't even use the 3D screen with it. The 3D screen displays a static image the entire time!

PdOJQlL.jpg

Salsa

Alright, I apologize if that's the case. I just find it weird that we're suddenly in this "seller" war when we're defending some people against another and whatnot. People are selling games because they make some money off it, just buy from whenever you find more trust-worthy, or not, and that's that.

I just want the thread to derail less into finding cheap games through weird ways and more towards yerba mate

sibarraz

Banned
Alright, I apologize if that's the case. I just find it weird that we're suddenly in this "seller" war when we're defending some people against another and whatnot. People are selling games because they make some money off it, just buy from whenever you find more trust-worthy, or not, and that's that.

I just want the thread to derail less into finding cheap games through weird ways and more towards yerba mate

I had yet to taste yerba mate, when I went to argentina and uruguay I tried to taste some of it, but never had the chance or money to do it

Yeah, I'm that cheap, that's why I'm looking for cheap ass games

Wok

Sure, but at least, he is not actively trying to make a profit. If he makes one, it is thanks to the amount of games he can sell. And now that we know he was not just using a VPN to the Ukrainian store, but trading on the TF2 market, I would say he is allowed to be paid for the time he invests in this trading and selling. Somehow, he deserves his online reputation.

masterkajo

I started Remember Me which I generously got gifted during the Summer Sale by Accent (thanks!!!) with the help of Modbot. I was really curious to see what it was all about and so far I am really liking it. Apart from a bit stiff character movement (also, why do developer feel the need to decided for me if I can run or only walk in certain areas?) and occasionally snappy camera I am really impressed.

The scope of Neo Paris is gigantic and the art and locations are pretty believable for a future Paris. I especially liked the transition from the Slums to the noble quartiers at the beginning. The combat is really fun so far. Maybe not quite at a Batman AA/AC level but pretty damn close. I am only at Episode 3 so far so I don't have too many moves and combos available but the LT special still kicks ass. Also, in spirit of Paris I decided to play the game with French audio and even though it has been some years since I learned the language of love I can follow the plot even though I do not understand every single word.

All in all, pretty solid game so far. Looking forward to play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom