• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Every song should have bass charts as well.

Also, once you've gotten some official DLC, check out the SmithyAnvil site (http://forums.smithyanvil.com/). They've got 2000+ Rocksmith customs there. Most of them have variable difficulties like the official stuff. I will note that since it's all user-done, not all of it is the most accurate. A good majority of it looks like pretty good charts from what I've sampled though.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Would have thought someone else would have posted by the time I finished typing that out. Why you guys so slow?!
Thanks. I'll check that site when I get my cable, since the damn delivery company decided to come here when there was nobody home... for the second time in a row. Despite me calling them today to ask them to come by afternoon.

Gbraga

To avoid loading screens.

I honestly think it has more to do with them assuming their story is great and people will want to watch it even if they don't have the option to skip it.

MGR uses codec calls to avoid loading screens, but once it's done loading, you can skip it instantly. In the other hand, the forced walking segment of that game cannot be skipped.

Card Boy

Banned
Fallout: NV Ultimate
no cards :(
CoJ: Gunslinger
Tomb Raider

wat game play?

Tomb Raider, game is in my top 10 of the generation. Trust me its better than Uncharted.
  • Has backtracking
  • Story is more personal
  • You get 'gadgets (tools)' to unlock other areas sort of like Batman AA.
  • Upgradeable weapons through crafting
  • The stealth is better in this game
  • Other stuff worth noting is it has a skill system.

Took me 14hrs to clock while doing most of the optional tombs and getting most of the collectables and i loved it all the way.

5 out of 5.

O yea I went through all of them twice, this game is going to take a ton of practice :p. Joined 5 vs in my region and watched quite the pwnage, I'm not complaining, it was awesome.

Tecl0n

Fallout: NV Ultimate
no cards :(
CoJ: Gunslinger
Tomb Raider

wat game play?

You mean you own all of them? Then Gunslinger -> Tomb Raider -> New vegas. In order of hours needed. And so you have more time to bask in the glory that is New Vegas.

Dawg

You mean you own all of them? Then Gunslinger -> Tomb Raider -> New vegas. In order of hours needed. And so you have more time to bask in the glory that is New Vegas.

I think you have the correct answer. All of them seem like fun, so I could just complete the two shorter games first and end with Fallout: NV
for a month or two

Thanks guys, luv ya <3

Acccent

you must be new to neogaf

KSJG9zW.png

:(

Is answering to a post that's 2 pages back not something you're supposed to do either, besides questioning buying habits? :p

EDIT: masterkajo, glad you're enjoying it!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a little giveaway. I know it's really poor, so I'm not putting any rules. Hope whoever gets it can enjoy it!

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-35B320A17E8AE3A6 - Taken by Mattiator

Fireblend

Banned
Here's a little giveaway. I know it's really poor, so I'm not putting any rules. Hope whoever gets it can enjoy it!

Oh come on, it's not like there's any gift standards in place or any sort of competition for "the best giveaway". I'm sure the gift will be appreciated by someone excited to play it and not trade it for Rage (who won't me, because I already own the game).

Great giveaway!

Acorn

Argh, the last few days I've just been staring at my Library not knowing what to play due to the fact the majority of games I want to play have such large time investments.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I started Remember Me which I generously got gifted during the Summer Sale by Accent (thanks!!!) with the help of Modbot. I was really curious to see what it was all about and so far I am really liking it. Apart from a bit stiff character movement (also, why do developer feel the need to decided for me if I can run or only walk in certain areas?) and occasionally snappy camera I am really impressed.

The scope of Neo Paris is gigantic and the art and locations are pretty believable for a future Paris. I especially liked the transition from the Slums to the noble quartiers at the beginning. The combat is really fun so far. Maybe not quite at a Batman AA/AC level but pretty damn close. I am only at Episode 3 so far so I don't have too many moves and combos available but the LT special still kicks ass. Also, in spirit of Paris I decided to play the game with French audio and even though it has been some years since I learned the language of love I can follow the plot even though I do not understand every single word.

All in all, pretty solid game so far. Looking forward to play more.
Nice to hear it, I'll check it out when it's cheaper. Funnily enough, my dad mentioned it to me 10 minutes ago because he had just read about it in a computer magazine.

denx

Argh, the last few days I've just been staring at my Library not knowing what to play due to the fact the majority of games I want to play have such large time investments.

Yeah, managing this backlogs is a bastard. My backlog management has been wrecked since I got back to play Warframe. My current Mass Effect 3 playthrough will have to wait a little longer.

The International being on right now isn't helping either.

XShagrath

Thanks. I'll check that site when I get my cable, since the damn delivery company decided to come here when there was nobody home... for the second time in a row. Despite me calling them today to ask them to come by afternoon.
The game's a lot of fun, while it can also be frustrating. I'm not a good guitarist, but it's gotten me to pick up the instrument a lot more than just trying to learn on my own. The mini-games are great for learning as well.

I actually went to a local music store today and signed up for my first month of lessons. I start them on Wednesday and am pretty excited.

Dawg

I was just checking out
4chan /tv/
and this one discussion popped up about promising actors/actresses. This one guy kept posting pics of Saoirse Ronan and defending her role in The Host etc

It was like the 4chan edition of JaseC.

FloatOn

I was just checking out
4chan /tv/
and this one discussion popped up about promising actors/actresses. This one guy kept posting pics of Saoirse Ronan and defending her role in The Host etc

It was like the 4chan edition of JaseC.

how dare you cheat on us with them

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The game's a lot of fun, while it can also be frustrating. I'm not a good guitarist, but it's gotten me to pick up the instrument a lot more than just trying to learn on my own. The mini-games are great for learning as well.

I actually went to a local music store today and signed up for my first month of lessons. I start them on Wednesday and am pretty excited.
That's great to hear, congrats man! :)

I hope the same happens to me, but with bass. I usually get together with two friends on Sundays and play some covers, but we I suck. So this game sounds like a nice and fun way of learning and improving my skills, while also not getting bored to death by online tutorials.

EDIT: 398 games according to my Steam profile count. Just 2 more and I'll reach 400, which is only 100 short of 500!

Storm360

That's great to hear, congrats man! :)

I hope the same happens to me, but with bass. I usually get together with two friends on Sundays and play some covers, but we I suck. So this game sounds like a nice and fun way of learning and improving my skills, while also not getting bored to death by online tutorials.

Rocksmith is great, I'm a drummer, and pretty awful at guitar but I've had alot of fun playing it

I just wish 2014 was cheaper, I'm having trouble justifying it, even more so with the case of uPlay being added

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Rocksmith is great, I'm a drummer, and pretty awful at guitar but I've had alot of fun playing it

I just wish 2014 was cheaper, I'm having trouble justifying it, even more so with the case of uPlay being added
Cool, we're avatar bros!

Yup, $60 plus Uplay is a big no in my book. I'm going with the first one for now, and a couple of DLC.

Card Boy

Banned
Every song should have bass charts as well.

Also, once you've gotten some official DLC, check out the SmithyAnvil site (http://forums.smithyanvil.com/). They've got 2000+ Rocksmith customs there. Most of them have variable difficulties like the official stuff. I will note that since it's all user-done, not all of it is the most accurate. A good majority of it looks like pretty good charts from what I've sampled though.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post. Would have thought someone else would have posted by the time I finished typing that out. Why you guys so slow?!

Where do i download those 2000 custom songs from? I clicked on every subforum of that site.

edit: i had to register i see.

"Influenced" is quite an understatement, and "gameplay" too limited of a term here. I can't support something this shameless.

Looks better than Other M and given how it doesn't look like we'll be seeing another Metroid for a while--which could be another Team Ninja/Sakamoto joint--I don't see why getting a spiritual successor to Super Metroid is something to be hostile towards.

It's like being upset that Satellite Reign exists.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I will say the 80s-anime overall look and music are fantastic. If he had a more talented animator working with him to get the motion down it would be top-class to watch.

Deadstar

So I started playing Dishonored and this game is really awesome. It's not trash like everyone said it was. I'm glad I started playing it. The teleport feels so good to use. I just wonder whether it's more fun to play sneaky or to play as a savage and destroy everyone.

Gbraga

I will say the 80s-anime overall look and music are fantastic. If he had a more talented animator working with him to get the motion down it would be top-class to watch.

Yeah, the animations are rough, specially the jumping animation. I hope the Kickstarter give them time to polish it.

Doesn't seem like they have a Greenlight page up, which is strange.

The tier description does say he wants it on Steam, so it's probably comming.

So I started playing Dishonored and this game is really awesome. It's not trash like everyone said it was. I'm glad I started playing it. The teleport feels so good to use. I just wonder whether it's more fun to play sneaky or to play as a savage and destroy everyone.
Say what now?

Enco

Who said that? I'll fight them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom