• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm360

Cool, we're avatar bros!

Yup, $60 plus Uplay is a big no in my book. I'm going with the first one for now, and a couple of DLC.

Seems like the way to go, I still need to pick up DLC, Ideally I want some confirmation that things won't mess up if I get a retail copy of 2014

kafiend

So I started playing Dishonored and this game is really awesome. It's not trash like everyone said it was. I'm glad I started playing it. The teleport feels so good to use. I just wonder whether it's more fun to play sneaky or to play as a savage and destroy everyone.

Way to go to throw a WTF? in the thread.

trash... WTF?

Turfster

So I started playing Dishonored and this game is really awesome. It's not trash like everyone said it was. I'm glad I started playing it. The teleport feels so good to use. I just wonder whether it's more fun to play sneaky or to play as a savage and destroy everyone.

You what? Are you pulling our legs? Who said it was trash?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I kinda see where Dice is coming from tbh

at least make the guy not spin when he jumps or something. C'mon.
Plus some red flags like how the big worm thing looks like a direct translation of a Metroid boss. We were already repeating bosses within the same game with Metroid, so for a homage game we could make some new ones. I'm just saying there are people out there really putting tons of imagination into something unique (ala Sealark), and if I have yet-unallocated funds free I'd rather put them to such projects before something like this. For a homage, something like Radio the Universe has some Zelda to it but it also seems totally fresh.

Digoman

I don't think there were many who said it was trash. Sure, for some people some it's flaws (like the balance of the abilities) are magnified... but "trash"... that's just wrong.

I personally vastly prefer to play it stealthily. You explore the levels a lot more, the game lasts longer, and you really appreciate the several paths to the objectives.

Isn't the last DLC for it just about to be released? Knife of Dunwall was great.

Getting sick (real sick). Feeling cold, mucus in the thrroat and very lazy. And I actually started training for the past weeks (running, push-ups and sit-ups). :(

Hoping I will get better till Wednesday (driving lessons, Im 18 years, so still in time) and especially thursday for Spelunky.

Have a good day/night GAFfers!

well you mentioned a game name...so I guess its not completely OT...

Grief.exe

You must have confused Skyrim with Dishonored.

Easily done, both are published by Bethesda

You must have confused Skyrim with Dishonored.

Easily done, both are published by Bethesda
8wVNJ0k.png

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Guncraft Steam keys coming soon for those who purchased elsewhere, including the Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle if you paid $4 or more:

Thanks to Sysgen for the heads up.

Lain

Is that name inspired by Serial Experiments Lain by any chance?

Yep.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a really awesome game. Been playing it for some days now and I've had a lot of fun with it. Fidget is also great, I love her VO lines and the humour she packs.
If I had to find a negative to it, it'd be the running animation. I really dislike it.

Storm360

Guncraft Steam keys coming soon for those who purchased elsewhere, including the Groupees Be Mine 8 bundle if you paid $4 or more:

Thanks to Sysgen for the heads up.

Thanks, I keep forgetting about these bundles

Is there a complete list of bundles that later provided keys?

Fireblend

Banned
Yep.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a really awesome game. Been playing it for some days now and I've had a lot of fun with it. Fidget is also great, I love her VO lines and the humour she packs.
If I had to find a negative to it, it'd be the running animation. I really dislike it.

I absolutely loved the game, running animation included. It seriously might be one of my favorite indie games in the past couple of years, if not my favorite.
I had already taken an interest to it when I saw it released for Xbox, but I didn't expect the kind of quality I got at all. Really caught me by surprise.

Sober

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed ... how did I miss this? I bought it back when there was the sonic hits pricing error but just finally installed it today. Who needs Mario Kart?

JakeD

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed ... how did I miss this? I bought it back when there was the sonic hits pricing error but just finally installed it today. Who needs Mario Kart?

I'm enjoying the new character. I was actually able to 4star a race on my first try with him at level 1. Awesome that they keep giving us free upgrades

zkylon

zkylewd
Fallout: NV Ultimate
no cards :(
CoJ: Gunslinger
Tomb Raider

wat game play?

new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas new vegas

not tomb raider

KSJG9zW.png

:(

Is answering to a post that's 2 pages back not something you're supposed to do either, besides questioning buying habits? :p
nope

Retne

I dunno. I had some big issues with keeping a game going with a friend who had a ping to me of ~300ms. The game just kept dropping them randomly from my game or hers. That was a big turn off. I also really didn't enjoy the flying bits either.

Other than that the game was enjoyable. When we did get it to work we had fun.

On another note a fine person here on GAF gifted me a Skullgirls beta key and I enjoyed it so I picked up the game. My problem is now I want a fightstick or a decent fightpad. Any recommendations?

Nabs

Download speed is kind of crazy right now, have no idea why. Yesterday when I downloaded Tomb Raider on my laptop it was peaking at around 3.2, wired connection and all.

That happened to me a year ago with Comcast when they randomly doubled my speeds. Same exact numbers as well.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is amazing. I just got my Star License yesterday (~70% completion) but the multiplayer is where it really shines. I've played dozens of games with friends from Mexico, Europe and Russia and I guess I've been lucky to have no issue with latency or disconnects so far. Tracks are great, music is great, game is beautiful and fun as hell. My weak spots are Chilly Castle, Graveyard Gig and Burning Depths. I don't think I'll ever get 1st on expert in any of these.

Also, thanks to wilflare for a surprise gift of Skullgirls today. Generous guy as usual.

iavi

It'd explain one of those random-ass Source Engine entries in the DB. Not the next game I wanted to see from Valve, but I'll take it.

My dream is to come in here one day and see that someone has spotted Guilty Gear Xrd in the Steam registry.

Co-sign
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is amazing. I just got my Star License yesterday (~70% completion) but the multiplayer is where it really shines. I've played dozens of games with friends from Mexico, Europe and Russia and I guess I've been lucky to have no issue with latency or disconnects so far. Tracks are great, music is great, game is beautiful and fun as hell. My weak spots are Chilly Castle, Graveyard Gig and Burning Depths. I don't think I'll ever get 1st on expert in any of these.

Also, thanks to wilflare for a surprise gift of Skullgirls today. Generous guy as usual.

Anybody up for some GAF matches tonight?

JakeD

so do kickstarted games that get greenlit during their production typically give out steam keys to their digital-copy level backers? i'm currently backing 2 games (among the sleep and a hat in time) that have been greenlit but haven't said anything about giving steam keys

I said I was done until Saint's Row 4 and Divekick but ugh, I dove in.

I bought the Sonic & All-Stars 4-pack at $12 so still looking for three others to get the rest at $3 each. Just PM me to avoid cluttering the thread and first 3 get it. I'll just update this post when the 3 last spots are filled. Slots filled, thanks guys!

so do kickstarted games that get greenlit during their production typically give out steam keys to their digital-copy level backers? i'm currently backing 2 games (among the sleep and a hat in time) that have been greenlit but haven't said anything about giving steam keys

Normally they will specify a backing level to get a key.

catabarez

A Hat in Time is giving Steam keys.

JakeD

A Hat in Time is giving Steam keys.

oh yeah. not sure how i missed that, haha. i've asked krillbite (among the sleep dev) on their facebook and they didn't respond. which was odd because they respond to almost all questions on there. their greenlit update basically said "info about steam keys coming soon"

ieavei

Got a spare Skullgirls beta code from CAG, expires 8/22.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls Beta -- MB-C30AE52CF34E0CD9 - Taken by Buttonbasher

Storm360

I have a spare skullgirls beta key too, as above, it expires when the game is released

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Skullgirls Beta -- MB-939D85D4AC228E41 - Taken by toddhunter

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm excited to see Valve's next engine. I hope it and Left 4 Dead 3 have film maker support right off.

Cth

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-28544834C50D24F0 - Taken by creamsugar

No problem, so everything went okay? was a bit concerned i'd mess something up.

Yep all good.

Since I always feel bad when winning something, here is something in return:

roguelegacyk8j5r.png

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-49A6CB8CB70FA695 - Taken by JakeD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom