• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
A real 120hz monitor, or one of those LED TVs that claim to be 120hz.

I found out about this shortly after posting. Looks like I got a fraudulent TV. Bummer. Still seems like an okay TV though. This was an unplanned purchase, as the one in my living room is on its last leg.

Grief.exe

Square losing billions of Yen developing FFXV, which will, assuredly, turn out mediocre.

At least they aren't blaming Western games anymore.

capture4sasj.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Square losing billions of Yen developing FFXV, which will, assuredly, turn out mediocre.

capture4sasj.png

- Release PC version
- Release cards
- Include :crack: emoticon
- Rake in the $$$

denx

capture4sasj.png

I thought they were losing shit loads of money because of the restructuring of the company? Doesn't seem to me like FFXV is much of a factor here. Maybe FFXIV.

Salsa

western pub version of square will continue to finance that crappy jap development by publishing awesome games

sleepy dawgs 2 gonna make mad cash

Grief.exe

I thought they were losing shit loads of money because of the restructuring of the company? Doesn't seem to me like FFXV is much of a factor here. Maybe FFXIV.

Its hard to boil it down to one issue, but yes restructuring is part of it.

There has been a huge cost of developing FFXIII Versus/FFXV. Game has been in development for years by a massive development team and is not even close to release.

All of Squares troubles really come out of the Japanese branch. FFXV, FFXIV, and many more inexplicable decisions.

denx

Its hard to boil it down to one issue, but yes restructuring is part of it.

There has been a huge cost of developing FFXIII Versus/FFXV. Game has been in development for years by a massive development team and is not even close to release.

All of Squares troubles really come out of the Japanese branch. FFXV, FFXIV, and many more inexplicable decisions.

This could apply to most japanese gaming companies really. They are rather baffling.

Milamber

"Congratulations, you have achieved 10 years of Steam Service badge. You are now eligible for only 1 change of your username and email login ID."

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
"Congratulations, you have achieved 10 years of Steam Service badge. You are now eligible for only 1 change of your username and email login ID."

Heh, that'd be great. But then again I like the fact that my username is so old that it's an email address. Gives it a bit of vintage.

Any estimates on how long it takes for cards to get sold. I had some cards on the market for almost two days. Set at either below or at the most price or sometimes a few cents above

Any estimates on how long it takes for cards to get sold. I had some cards on the market for almost two days. Set at either below or at the most price or sometimes a few cents above

Depends on the community. Many people playing the game -> cards could sell immediately. Nobody plays the game anymore -> could sell after 1 month.

Tecl0n

Depends, for example my retro/grade cards took about two days to sell. Hell one of them is still the cheapest and no one wants it.

I bet I'm a bit younger than most people on this thread and the first shooter I played was system shock 2. (It was on a best of all time list and i could run it on my terrible computer). I then played a bunch of old psx rpgs and then, after a few years, I finally had a computer that could run Half Life 2-- but I played VtMB first.

Point is, you would be surprised.
I'm 21. First game anything was a PS1, first game was Tekken 3, first shooter was probably Black on PS2. Still haven't played a bunch of gaming classics

I'm 21. First game anything was a PS1, first game was Tekken 3, first shooter was probably Black on PS2. Still haven't played a bunch of gaming classics

God. Im 22 and my first game was probably Aleste for Master System. My first Shooter was Quake 1 when it came out. I played too many classic games but... i never completed Zelda OoT. Now everyone knows it.

But it does temper my burning desire to jump into the world of 3D modelling. :p

You will never know if you are good in something if you never try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom