• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
mods bro

Angelina Jolie's all up in my skyrim

ph4k5ih.jpg

do you have her in khajit?

True, but I can't say it's an area of interest.

Well i thought the same. Tried it once and it wasnt soo bad. With a bit practice i could make something good. But i dont have the time. If you have the time, do it. You could learn anything that would give a position in the gaming industry if you ever want to join it.

What age is everyone here then? I'm 26

Just turned 25.

Same here, two weeks ago. Feels good.
Yeah, mid-20s is what I assumed as the majority. Damn, I remember using VCR and starting up Windows 97. But being 21 has its perks, had my first mojito in Miami so that's cool

Did most here begin gaming on a PC or did most get introduced through consoles and later transitioned to computer

Salsa

ah wait is hammerwatch gonna be same price once its on steam and all? or is it cheap now as a pre-order?

might best for me to wait money-wise, even when we're talking $6

Ha, all you guys are proof that my parents don't know what the hell they're talking about. They think gaming is a kid thing and that a 21 year old college student shouldn't be wasting time and money on games. Of course we know better.

Isn't the average "gamer" age like 37 or something like that?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
ah wait is hammerwatch gonna be same price once its on steam and all? or is it cheap now as a pre-order?

might best for me to wait money-wise, even when we're talking $6

They've stated on the forums it should be around $8, which is the same price for a single on their website. I'm not sure if there will be a 4-pack on Steam, but hopefully.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ha, all you guys are proof that my parents don't know what the hell they're talking about. They think gaming is a kid thing and that a 21 year old college student shouldn't be wasting time and money on games. Of course we know better.
Arguing with your parents over what media you consume seems like a "14 year old" thing.

Maybe my parents are just cool.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Saoirse Ronan 3D model + Oculus Rift + Razer Hydra = JaseC never coming back to GAF again.

Oh dear. :p

Well i thought the same. Tried it once and it wasnt soo bad. With a bit practice i could make something good. But i dont have the time. If you have the time, do it. You could learn anything that would give a position in the gaming industry if you ever want to join it.

Maybe one day I'll try making my own TF2 hat.

They've stated on the forums it should be around $8, which is the same price for a single on their website. I'm not sure if there will be a 4-pack on Steam, but hopefully.

There'll be a four-pack option on Steam also.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm like the youngest here. 20.
Don't worry, I just turned 19.

I must say, Trainz Simulator 2012 has some incredibly detailed trains. Trainspotters must be nerdgasming all over this game.
And it's a sim with a "decent" tutorial, finally.
Another big thanks to Lain for the game! :)

Arguing with your parents over what media you consume seems like a "14 year old" thing.

Maybe my parents are just cool.
Well I live at home for now, their house, their rules. Sucks, but I'm working on it. But really I think it's generational, because they didnt grow up with games. While my 4-year old cousin is already a pro with an iPad and Temple Run

Anyway, nice to know I'm mostly among my fellow 20 year olds here.

Benedict

Isn't the average "gamer" age like 37 or something like that?

I'm above average, 38, turning 39 this month (presents accepted
3AQmK.gif
).
Have three children: 8,6 and 1,5 years old, all girls and all like games.

Caerith

Before we hit Community, does anyone have any experience with tweaking Risen 2? I have Anti-Warp installed and haven't noticed any issues with the foliage popping in, but there's this issue where the shadows move every 10 or so seconds, like the sun doesn't track a smooth course across the sky. Google hasn't helped any.

denx

Yeah, mid-20s is what I assumed as the majority. Damn, I remember using VCR and starting up Windows 97. But being 21 has its perks, had my first mojito in Miami so that's cool

Did most here begin gaming on a PC or did most get introduced through consoles and later transitioned to computer

Kind of both actually. I got a SNES around the same time my parents bought their first computer, so I played the Donkey Kong Country games and Duke Nukem 3D almost at the same time.

That said, my first gaming experiences were on arcade machines.

I turned 24 back in May btw.

EDIT: does the old space pinball game on Windows 95 count as "gaming experience"? :p

Acorn

I'm above average, 38, turning 39 this month (presents accepted
3AQmK.gif
).
Have three children: 8,6 and 1,5 years old, all girls and all like games.

Good man, my mother was the one that got me into games as a kid. Some of the best memories of my youth were playing games with her.

maty

I'm 28 and never had an issue with my parents about gaming. There was even a time when my mom stayed up all night until she beat Dr. Mario on the NES, lol.

I don't think they could tell me I couldn't play after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom