• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

How do I get Manhunt to work? I downloaded some sort of a patcher now the gate in the tutorial won't open, before it was just crashing there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No problem. That's the same way Dunder gets them (from Russian contacts) so unless you're getting a better price, either way will work.

Yeah, I've cross-referenced some deals on his store to offers on TF2 Outpost/Steam Trades and his are slightly better, but PayPal's crummy exchange rate might render that moot. If he can get extra copies I'll compare the two options.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, I've cross-referenced some deals on his store to offers on TF2 Outpost/Steam Trades and his are slightly better, but PayPal's crummy exchange rate might render that moot. If he can get extra copies I'll compare the two options.

Yeah, Dunder doesn't give himself [as] much of a profit margin when selling to GAF because he's just a nice guy.

Purchased a Chivalry 4 pack...so:

imagesyruo5.jpg

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chivalry MW key 1 -- MB-2F7970E46CD63769 - Taken by Milamber
Chivalry MW key 2 -- MB-441D02EFB7F15DF9 - Taken by PriitV

fantomena

When will Divinity: Original Sin release? A second ago I thought it was Dragon Commander, but thsoe 2 games are very different according to TBs WTF is...

Milamber

Set aside $50 in Paypal funds for Deadly Premonition in under 3 months, but I am tempted to spend it for Divinity: Dragon Commander... and HammerWatch... and Spelunky... and Saints Row IV... and a Racing Wheel...

And there is still Autumn, Halloween and Winter Sales too...

*Milamber checks his credit card limits*

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah, after seeing all the "FOR AGATHA!" chants when the sales were on I've entered in the hopes of getting to see it in action for myself! Thanks a lot!

Acccent

I'm now in Anor Londo in Dark Souls. I never thought I'd enjoy it that much. Impressions c/ced from somewhere else:

I love the way it ceaselessly challenges your intelligence. It's not 'dumb skill', it's careful appreciation of each situation. It constantly presents new things to apprehend. Enemies of course, but also environmental challenges and bits of lore. The pace is crafted masterfully - there is no downtime, even in calmer moments (of which there's a perfect dose) you are still super careful and/or attentive. The moment-to-moment experience is always one of evaluating/assimilating new variables, approaching the unknown. That's pretty amazing.

I feel like everyone's been focusing on "OMG IT'S SO HARDCORE" but it's not actually hard... if it really required superhuman reflexes, like Super Meat Boy for inst., I'd have given up after 10 mins; but a functioning brain is enough. It just requires constant attention. Why don't all games do? We're so used to games doing stuff for us or having sections where you just power through or play somewhat 'dumbly', that when something like Dark Souls happens, where nothing is superficial, it's feels like a marathon.

A few days ago, someone mentioned using a map viewer with Just Cause 2. Now I can't find the post and the JC2 mod site is down. Anyone have a mirror link to one?

Knurek

Crap, my PC broke down during the weekend. Hopefully just the PSU, waiting for replacement to arrive. :\

Seriously tough to handle two days without playingbuying games.

Acccent

I'm curious at which point in Anor Londo you're at, to give that opinion ;)

I didn't have any difficulty with the game at all, until a certain point in Anor Londo...

haha, I'm at the very start - just beat the
second gargoyle
- but yeah I've heard things about a certain boss being a real pain :) I'll update my opinion after I completed this area!

cammy84

I'm curious at which point in Anor Londo you're at, to give that opinion ;)

I didn't have any difficulty with the game at all, until a certain point in Anor Londo...

I ran into problems in Anor Londo too. Found it to be one of the most irritating parts of the game

I'm now in Anor Londo in Dark Souls. I never thought I'd enjoy it that much. Impressions c/ced from somewhere else:

I love the way it ceaselessly challenges your intelligence. It's not 'dumb skill', it's careful appreciation of each situation. It constantly presents new things to apprehend. Enemies of course, but also environmental challenges and bits of lore. The pace is crafted masterfully - there is no downtime, even in calmer moments (of which there's a perfect dose) you are still super careful and/or attentive. The moment-to-moment experience is always one of evaluating/assimilating new variables, approaching the unknown. That's pretty amazing.

I feel like everyone's been focusing on "OMG IT'S SO HARDCORE" but it's not actually hard... if it really required superhuman reflexes, like Super Meat Boy for inst., I'd have given up after 10 mins; but a functioning brain is enough. It just requires constant attention. Why don't all games do? We're so used to games doing stuff for us or having sections where you just power through or play somewhat 'dumbly', that when something like Dark Souls happens, where nothing is superficial, it's feels like a marathon.

Someone who gets it.

2nd chance draw:

images182liu.jpg

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Chivalry MW key 3 -- MB-C3634B85513D5A2A - Taken by sprinkles

JakeD

Crap, my PC broke down during the weekend. Hopefully just the PSU, waiting for replacement to arrive. :\

Seriously tough to handle two days without playingbuying games.

dont worry man, its real easy to buy games on the steam phone app!

Meanwhile all of the "revenge of the titan" type games from Puppygames just got their cards

Ultratron - 3
Droid Assault - 3
Titan attacks - 3
revenge of titans - 3

Anteater

it really boils down to having enough patience and play carefully, the difficulty mainly comes from traps and carelessly falling off the maps, etc, it's not comparable to action games because the combat is a lot slower. Unless you messed up your character stats or playing as lvl1, it's not too bad. You will die here and there but the bonfire system is pretty forgiving for the most part, but I guess compared to some modern games, that's enough to turn some people off who "has no time to replay a section if he dies".

oipic

A few days ago, someone mentioned using a map viewer with Just Cause 2. Now I can't find the post and the JC2 mod site is down. Anyone have a mirror link to one?

Hey Dex - there's a mirror of the JC2 Map Viewer (v0.3.3) here, if you have't since found it elsewhere.

Edit: Damn, I just knew Jase would post while I was digging around for it! :)

RS4-

Meanwhile all of the "revenge of the titan" type games from Puppygames just got their cards

Ultratron - 3
Droid Assault - 3
Titan attacks - 3
revenge of titans - 3

Bah I know I have those, but I think they're from a bundle that didn't have steam keys

Hawkie

So the DDE ("Imperial Edition") was solely a pre-purchase offer? I'd have jumped on it if I'd known that. The page just said that pre-purchasing got you a free upgrade; there was nothing about the edition being a limited offer.

Have a pre-purchase copy sitting in my inventory that I never got round to installing and playing. For a fellow GAF'fer am happy to swop it for a regular edition.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
divdragcom43z4l.jpg

Now watch the DDE return the store when it updates in a few hours.

Have a pre-purchase copy sitting in my inventory that I never got round to installing and playing. For a fellow GAF'fer am happy to swop it for a regular edition.

Dunder sent me a copy just now. I appreciate the offer, though. :)

scokem

Neo Member
Hi folks, I'm new around here. Been a lurker for quite a while but after seeing how great the community in here is (not to mention the sheer generosity throughout the sale which appears to be continuing) I figured I'd finally get around to registering and join in the fun. Feel free to add me on Steam - can someone invite me to the Gaf group too please?

I have some spare gifts that I'll be giving away as soon as I can and I've also got the following coupons that I won't be using so if any of you want them, shout up:

75% off Hamilton's Great Adventure
50% off Sequence
50% off Strike Suit Infinity (x2)
50% off Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army
10% off Toki Tori 2+ (x2)

sprinkles

Thank you toddhunter for Chivalry! I played it during one the free weekends and liked what I saw but was a little intimidated due to the constant losing of my head. Will try to be more successful tonight! (Will have to giveaway a few games myself now but the August budget is really tight, next month then)

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
How do 4-packs bought from the Humble Store work? Eyeing that Hammerfall Hammerwatch... (good grief)

Do you get four different URLs—one yours, three gifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom