• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

Gift the spare copies to an e-mail you own. You'll get an e-mail with a link to redeem the game; just copy that link and use it as a key when creating the giveaway. When people win the giveaway, they'll receive the link and click on it to redeem it.
That's not a key.

liezryou

How well does this run on older machines? If it fairs well, I might bite.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Minimum Requirements:
Processor: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent
Memory: 1GB Ram (Windows XP), 2GB Ram (Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8)
Graphics: 256MB with Shader Model 3.0 support
DirectX®: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 6.7GB free hard drive space
Sound: DirectX 9 Compatible

Seems like my 7 year old laptop could run it, you should be fine.

My paypal is in negative but I will buy someone a 4$ steam game for a sonic all-star. I guess we can wait for the weekly and maybe something will peak your interests.

kafiend

Some folks were talking about dialup earlier and I remembered the incredible frustration of trying to download an Unreal Tournament demo at 53mb when my ISP used to kick people offline every couple of hours. It was infuriating repeatedly getting within 1mb or so and being booted off - no resume.

Now we get stuff like a Dishonored 1gb update with no patch notes just speculation on what it might be :p

Fuck da bandwidth police!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some folks were talking about dialup earlier and I remembered the incredible frustration of trying to download an Unreal Tournament demo at 53mb when my ISP used to kick people offline every couple of hours. It was infuriating repeatedly getting within 1mb or so and being booted off - no resume.

Now we get stuff like a Dishonored 1gb update with no patch notes just speculation on what it might be :p

Fuck da bandwidth police!

Yeah, Steam started downloading that a couple hours ago or so at my end. I assume it's just the upcoming DLC content.

Finally finished Giana Sisters. I expected a casual platformer and in the end I got my ass handed to me. The worst gotta be the final boss. When I had ~4 hours logged in and started the last level I checked the normal completion time on howlongtobeat and it was 8 hours and a half, so I thought maybe there was other levels after 3-10.
Well nope, I guess it's just that the final boss took an hour and more for most of people to beat. I think I spent 1 hour and a half trying D:.

Other than that, it's a very fun and challenging platformer and since there aren't many on Steam, you can't go wrong with this one.

sibarraz

Banned
Finally finished Giana Sisters. I expected a casual platformer and in the end I got my ass handed to me. The worst gotta be the final boss. When I had ~4 hours logged in and started the last level I checked the normal completion time on howlongtobeat and it was 8 hours and a half, so I thought maybe there was other levels after 3-10.
Well nope, I guess it's just that the final boss took an hour and more for most of people to beat. I think I spent 1 hour and a half trying D:.

Other than that, it's a very fun and challenging platformer and since there aren't many on Steam, you can't go wrong with this one.

You got the 3 crystals for every stage? or just went straight till the end?

sibarraz

Banned
I tried to collect as many stuff as possible but I wasn't really looking for them, same thing for the small crystals. I think I got an average of 2 big crystals per levels.

I see, what do you get for collecting all the crystals? I personally found boring to get some of them since I had to deroute a bit

scokem

Neo Member
So I figured I'd give Dunder's store a whirl before he packs it in - gotta say he made the whole process so simple for me (not a heavy Paypal user so he talked me through everything) and I now have Castlevania LoS. Top guy. Can't wait for release date now!

I see, what do you get for collecting all the crystals? I personally found boring to get some of them since I had to deroute a bit

Small crystals gives you 1-3 stars at the end of the level depending on how much you collect and big crystals only give artworks afaik, maybe there's a hidden achievement too.

KiDdYoNe

So i just got papers with the amount of cash im getting for July. The number was pretty awesome, i expected less, but those extra shift were really worth it. That being said, i think i'm gonna fully join you guys in the end of August. First PC in 7 years, man, it's good. Still don't know how much im gonna spend for building the machine, counting on $1200. Just between us girls, should i wait another month or this will be enough for a good PC? Don't really wanna go to the INEEDNEWPCGIMMEMONEYLALALA thread right now.

So i just got papers with the amount of cash im getting for July. The number was pretty awesome, i expected less, but those extra shift were really worth it. That being said, i think i'm gonna fully join you guys in the end of August. First PC in 7 years, man, it's good. Still don't know how much im gonna spend for building the machine, counting on $1200. Just between us girls, should i wait another month or this will be enough for a good PC? Don't really wanna go to the INEEDNEWPCGIMMEMONEYLALALA thread right now.

Maybe you should deposit that money in a savings account?

Lint21

Neo Member

I recently built a new machine for about that much and it kicks ass. Spent about 30% of that on the graphics card. It helped that I didn't need a monitor, as I just hooked it up to my television in the living room.

In case you don't know, pcpartpicker.com is brilliant for deciding on components, pointing out incompatibilities, etc.

Grief.exe

I'd love an invite to the regular group too please

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Greendomo

Got ya.

I recently built a new machine for about that much and it kicks ass. Spent about 30% of that on the graphics card. It helped that I didn't need a monitor, as I just hooked it up to my television in the living room.

In case you don't know, pcpartpicker.com is brilliant for deciding on components, pointing out incompatibilities, etc.

Here is the GAF thread for helping with builds. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600246

You can post in here as well and I would be willing to help.

Grief.exe

XSEED still posting strange images hyping an announcement.

Could be PC releated.

BQ_6o-OCcAA1ujT.png:large

Grief.exe

Looks like Resident Evil: Revelations, Ultratron, Titan Attacks!, Revenge of the Titans, Divinity: Dragon Commander, and RIPD: The Game all got cards today.

Small crystals gives you 1-3 stars at the end of the level depending on how much you collect and big crystals only give artworks afaik, maybe there's a hidden achievement too.

There's an achievement for getting every single crystal in the game which is a pain as it doesn't tell you how many you're missing in each level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom