• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkroronoa

I beg you pardon if this might sound silly, but, I guess no Steam codes?

The list of games are

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remaster, Cafe 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~, War of the Human Tanks, Yousei, Yatagarasu, Croixleur.

I think that if a game is on steam it will have steam codes,thats the case with previous bundles if i remember correctly.So there should be steam codes for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Ether Vapor Remaster.

edit: its been confirmed from an admin on the chat

"The VN games come with Desura keys and drm-free for all platforms
Cherry Tree High and Ether Vapor Remaster come with Steam, Desura and DRM-Free"

L.O.R.D

i bought the Deep Silver Bundle week ago
and now,they added the 3 new game to my list
Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third
Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (DLC)
and now..they add this
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel

fantomena

and now..they add this

Power of PC gaming.

Grief.exe

There is The Witness PC version.

Jonathan Blow's new game. I believe only PS4 footage has been shown of this so far.

Showed up a few months ago, but I probably just missed it.

http://steamdb.info/app/210970/#section_info

d15ba2a95077f53707135c0af3ab076441725a5a.ico

Well, I'm sticking to trying to build my steam library this week for the pc coming so looks like today's purchase is going to be dark souls. Have never tried the series before, I'm sure it'll be...interesting. For £5, can't go far wrong. Good mods?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How is Airborne? Although I suspect it doesn't comparable favourably to yesteryear's Allied Assault, the WW2 setting would be a refreshing change of pace if I find myself in want of an FPS to smash through over an uneventful weekend.

I liked it but they introduce some bullshit enemies later on which can be quite annoying. I have a soft spot for it though, I love WW2 games and being able to drop in at any point in the level is cool. I remember the game being rock hard even on Normal as well but I may have just been shit :p

Fireblend

Banned
RE:R, Spelunky, Papers Please, and Payday 2 all in 1 week?

Wallet am cry.

Might have to hold off on Spelunky till it gets its Humble Store release for both Steam and DRM free versions.

Has there been any further announcement of when it's supposed to hit the Humble Store? It was announced as shortly after but I haven't seen anything else.

You forgot Guacamelee.

How is Airborne? Although I suspect it doesn't comparable favourably to yesteryear's Allied Assault, the WW2 setting would be a refreshing change of pace if I find myself in want of an FPS to smash through over an uneventful weekend.

I liked Airborne quite a bit. The open ended mission design was pretty refreshing compared to COD. It took that great mission from COD2 where you're free to attack the objectives in any order and made a game out of it.

Its got a weapon upgrade system and if I remember correctly a BioShock like death system. When you die a new character parachutes in and you take control.

mrgone

The list of games are

Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, Ether Vapor Remaster, Cafe 0 ~The Drowned Mermaid~, War of the Human Tanks, Yousei, Yatagarasu, Croixleur.

I think that if a game is on steam it will have steam codes,thats the case with previous bundles if i remember correctly.So there should be steam codes for Cherry Tree High Comedy Club and Ether Vapor Remaster.

cg7GPn5.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is The Witness PC version.

Jonathan Blow's new game. I believe only PS4 footage has been shown of this so far.

There's always been a PC version, it's just that Blow's statement at the PS4 event back in February was misheard by quite a few people and there was a misunderstanding circulating that it'd be launching only on the PS4 -- the PS4 is the only console it'll be launching on.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They finally had an RE: Revelations sale. Took forever.

Thanksfully I caught this one.

About friggin time. Now where is my next Sine Mora sale?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I liked it but they introduce some bullshit enemies later on which can be quite annoying. I have a soft spot for it though, I love WW2 games and being able to drop in at any point in the level is cool. I remember the game being rock hard even on Normal as well but I may have just been shit :p
I liked Airborne quite a bit. The open ended mission design was pretty refreshing compared to COD. It took that great mission from COD2 where you're free to attack the objectives in any order and made a game out of it.

Its got a weapon upgrade system and if I remember correctly a BioShock like death system. When you die a new character parachutes in and you take control.

Thanks for the impressions. The game sounds quite decent.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey guys, Super House of Dead Ninjas DLC pack "True Ninja" has gone live today!

Key Features

One-Armed Ninja Character (from the original House of Dead Ninjas): deals double melee damage but cannot use magic
Ninja Mode: all-new deadly difficulty (5 lives max, no upgrades, no continues, no Rage Mode)
Speed Run Mode
Boss Rush Mode
3 New Weapons
2 New items
10 New Achievements

DLC link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238570/?snr=1_7_15__13

And also to celebrate the DLC release, SHODN is 50% off for a short time. Aaaaaaand we've just added Trading Cards, woo! http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

Grief.exe

There's always been a PC version, it's just that Blow's statement at the PS4 event back in February was misheard by quite a few people and there was a misunderstanding circulating that it'd be launching only on the PS4 -- the PS4 is the only console it'll be launching on.

I haven't followed the game at all up to this point.

RE:R, Spelunky, Papers Please, and Payday 2 all in 1 week?

Wallet am cry.

Might have to hold off on Spelunky till it gets its Humble Store release for both Steam and DRM free versions.

Has there been any further announcement of when it's supposed to hit the Humble Store? It was announced as shortly after but I haven't seen anything else.

Annoying that Spelunky can't be pre-ordered on Steam, and that we don't know a price yet. I hope it isn't more than $15.

Salsa

Key Features

One-Armed Ninja Character (from the original House of Dead Ninjas): deals double melee damage but cannot use magic
Ninja Mode: all-new deadly difficulty (5 lives max, no upgrades, no continues, no Rage Mode)
Speed Run Mode
Boss Rush Mode
3 New Weapons
2 New items
10 New Achievements

And also to celebrate the DLC release, SHODN is 50% off for a short time. Aaaaaaand we've just added Trading Cards, woo! http://store.steampowered.com/app/224820/

3324-amazed-face.gif

Hugstable

Banned
Looks like they added cards to the Puppygames games like Titan Attacks and Droid Assault. Ended up getting a Foil Droid Assault card right now! Yay!

Nymphae

Banned
Shit, I didn't realize the Metro 2033 key I won was an additional game in the humble bundle, which I had already purchased before they added it.

I will be giving that key away tonight since I already own it :p

The list of games are

edit: its been confirmed from an admin on the chat

"The VN games come with Desura keys and drm-free for all platforms
Cherry Tree High and Ether Vapor Remaster come with Steam, Desura and DRM-Free"
Indeed. And if you want more doujin games on Steam why not voting for all the ones that are now in there? Plenty of them. I just hope this increases their awareness.

The name alone gets me 50% to buying it.
The name being 100% of the reason why I took notice to it. Someone on my friend list was playing it and I struck up a conversation just because the name seemed awesome. They sold me on it, so I got it.

Been kinda lazy to actually play a whole lot until official d-pad support was put in, but the patch just now seems to have done just that. Woo.

ss_lemonade

and now..they add this
Got this just now. Too many games T_T

Key Features

Speed Run Mode
Boss Rush Mode
3 New Weapons
2 New items
10 New Achievements

cards?? woot!

chronomac

Key Features

Speed Run Mode
Boss Rush Mode
3 New Weapons
2 New items
10 New Achievements

Awesome. Going to play some more tonight.

Heh! I taught myself BASIC on one of these:

trs80-i.jpg

4k of RAM, baby! I can still remember looking at the ads in Creative Computing and dreaming of owning a Compucolor because it had color graphics.

And here I am enjoying a full 64k of RAM, believing that I am too old.
Not a picture of my C64, mine is in a box under my bed with lots of cassettes, a datasette and two joysticks.

I was only interested in Risen 2 but since I've read it's not that great I'm giving everything away because why not. Sharing is caring :3

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row 3 Steam Key -- MB-A42373CAA971E60C - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel Steam Key -- MB-3AA5E7339D1BB1CA - Taken by Tak3n
Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row 3 The Full Package (DLC) Steam Key -- MB-9FE630616018AA8D - Taken by Blitzhex

lmpaler

I just bought the Legendary Edition of Skyrim and now they are releasing the anthology for $20 more than what I paid. Sigh.

chugen

have fun
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel -- MB-32D2B89768C4FDC9 - Taken by Soi-Fong
Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel #2 -- MB-F6B40891D86AAF82 - Taken by jediyoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom