• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 IV - Christmas in July is over, back to real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

XSEED still posting strange images hyping an announcement.

Could be PC releated.

BQ_6o-OCcAA1ujT.png:large

Isn't it related to that Senran Kagura reveal or is this a separate tease that I have somehow missed?

Grief.exe

Anybody know when DayZ standalone is gonna hit the Steam store for people to pre-order?

Devblog posted the other night.

They can't get the client to server communication working correctly, so its being pushed back the end of August for another milestone review.

just figured i'd give people a heads up on wether to be excited for the xseed announcement or not

Short answer is, announcement was a huge disappointment for everyone involved.

TheFrza

First time trying this, but here goes nothing:

ModBot said:
Here is the new Humble Bundle games. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Metro 2033, Risen, and Sacred Citadel Steam Key -- MB-C51CBD1C4E4E9EDE - Taken by Deques

Good luck all

mrgone

Wow, this Croixleur thing looks really damn good, anyone played it? I'll definitely get it :)

Does Yatagarasu support online play?

Croixleur's alright! There's a demo available here if you want to try it out before buying.

Yatagarasu does appear to have online play as well! I'm not sure how good it is at handling lag, but GGPO is one of their indiegogo campaign goals. Hopefully the groupees bundle helps them out with that!

edit: ah crap, what Nabs said :)

DaBoss

Nothing much
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, & Saints Row: The Third -- MB-D2592DA5A91518AD - Taken by didamangi
Metro 2033, Risen, & Sacred Citadel -- MB-C2916573542747C3 - Taken by BorntoPlay

Gbraga

It has online play, but I don't know if the netcode is any good. They are doing an indiegogo campaign for a special edition, and the first goal is ggpo.

Will I get a free upgrade or should I just wait for the special edition?

But I guess $2,50 is cheap enough for me to get it even if I need to buy again later. It's better than paying full price later and regretting my purchase because I didn't like the game or whatever.

Croixleur's alright! There's a demo available here if you want to try it out before buying.

Yatagarasu does appear to have online play as well! I'm not sure how good it is at handling lag, but GGPO is one of their indiegogo campaign goals. Hopefully the groupees bundle helps them out with that!

edit: ah crap, what Nabs said :)

Thanks! How is the combat system in Croixleur? I loved the short video in the Groupees teaser, and I'm ok with whatever limitations comes with the game (I'm fully expecting an arena challenge game), but if the combat is good and has some depth, I'll waste some hours there, for sure.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tweaked ModBot's default message layout to attempt to find and post steam banner icons for the first 3 games you post. You can opt out of this by either removing the images from the post when you make it, or by using the NOICONS rule. Of course they'll only appear as images if you quote the ModBot PM as the instructions say--if you just copy/paste it'll do ??? Obviously it won't work for games with complex names or bundle keys or whatever. But it should add a little bit of visual excitement to break up the noise. Honestly I just did it to compete with SteamGifts since they make that splendid banner for giveaways.

Nabs

But I guess $2,50 is cheap enough for me to get it even if I need to buy again later. It's better than paying full price later and regretting my purchase because I didn't like the game or whatever.

I don't think so. Pick it up and see if you like it. It could save you 12 bucks in the long run.

How impossible is it to get something from Dunder's spreadheet? Seems like I have to have it open 24/7 to see non-commented green fields.

Freezard

Sonic Racing is really fun, already cleared 50% of the game today. I've never actually seen the All-Stars powers though because the game is so easy you're rarely in the back of the pack. Anyway I will probably spend a lot of time on the time trials when I'm done since the first game doesn't have any online.

Fireblend

Banned
How impossible is it to get something from Dunder's spreadheet? Seems like I have to have it open 24/7 to see non-commented green fields.

I think he's been AFK for most of the day, so I wouldn't expect to see any new stuff today or him taking care of existing orders. Guy has a life too :p

Sonic Racing is really fun, already cleared 50% of the game today. I've never actually seen the All-Stars powers though because the game is so easy you're rarely in the back of the pack. Anyway I will probably spend a lot of time on the time trials when I'm done since the first game doesn't have any online.

Easy? What? Are you getting 3 stars on everything?

Thanks! How is the combat system in Croixleur? I loved the short video in the Groupees teaser, and I'm ok with whatever limitations comes with the game (I'm fully expecting an arena challenge game), but if the combat is good and has some depth, I'll waste some hours there, for sure.

For an analysis on Croixleur combat check the official site as it details the moves you can perform. Your weapons also have special moves so you have to pick the ones that fit your play style ¨(for example, if you like air dashing and then diving back to the ground with a smash, pick the weapons that provide the abilities to do so; others will let you blast a bunch of enemies away with one slash and such).

I quite enjoyed Time Attack (score as much as you can within 3 mins) and Endless, which is more of a survival run where yuo can rack up insane combos. The game even has a built in medal/achievement system too. I just wish it could get approved on Steam once and for all...

Yatagarasu 4.3, the current version on sale has online implemented. We've been on a stream during the weekend and it works quite well if you adjust the delays and such. It's of course no GGPO but it feels solid so far.

Freezard

I think he's been AFK for most of the day, so I wouldn't expect to see any new stuff today or him taking care of existing orders. Guy has a life too :p

Easy? What? Are you getting 3 stars on everything?

Three stars? I'm getting AAA on everything in mission mode yeah. Usually on first or second try. Done with 32 / 64 missions :)

ArjanN

Play more, then come back and laugh at the naivety of this post. :p

someone better pick em up and add GGPO

You can throw money at them here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/yatagarasu-attack-on-cataclysm

$13533 more for GGPO.

sprinkles

A person from Nyu Media confirmed in the chat on the Groupees homepage that trading cards for Fairy Bloom Freesia and the eXceed games are in the works. Also that they had to drop a retranslation for Ever 17 because they could not get the rights to the original voices.

I tweaked ModBot's default message layout to attempt to find and post steam banner icons for the first 3 games you post. You can opt out of this by either removing the images from the post when you make it, or by using the NOICONS rule. Of course they'll only appear as images if you quote the ModBot PM as the instructions say--if you just copy/paste it'll do ??? Obviously it won't work for games with complex names or bundle keys or whatever. But it should add a little bit of visual excitement to break up the noise. Honestly I just did it to compete with SteamGifts since they make that splendid banner for giveaways.

I have to test this:
Here is Just Cause, but with a warning, I might or might not have given this away via another channel, my memory is not good and my notes aren't any better :(
If you get it great, if not I'm sorry to give you this false hope.
ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line and copy the key line below into the body of the PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this Steam thread and fewer than five posts in the immediate previous Steam thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg

Just Cause -- MB-2C1433391C6512D0 - Taken by 28 Posts Later

And it is wrong, it shows as the Just Cause 2 Guide but this is Just Cause 1.
Here is the correct one:

The guide is the first result appearing when you search for "Just Cause" so I assume this is the problem.

Grief.exe

Nice addition Stump!

Fireblend

Banned
Three stars? I'm getting AAA on everything in mission mode yeah. Usually on first or second try. Done with 32 / 64 missions :)

You collect stars on each event in World Tour mode. Is this Sonic Racing Transformed or the first one we're talking about?

I managed to get 3 stars in World Tour mode for every event, but damn, some had me stuck for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom